Author Topic: Strategic Card Game Kickstarter  (Read 2916 times)

Raf_Cian

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
on: June 08, 2013, 04:44:00 PM
Hey guys. Player recently found out about a new Kickstarter that might have all the gamers out there interested... or at least curious... though possibly exasperated. Depends on the person. It's a new game someone is trying to crowd source. Name of the game: Tonaba The Book of Secrets.

It's look like an interesting projects, and one my player might at least toss five dollars at... which considering he's been avoiding creating a Kickstarter account, is saying something. Point is it's interesting, and even if people can't afford to be a backer, passing the word along to people who would be interested and possibly able is what crowd sourcing needs to be successful.

We (me and my player) do have some trepidation about this, if only because we've read enough design articles at WotC to know that randomness and scapegoats play an important role in a good game... but that doesn't mean their essential, and I'd be thrilled not to have hundreds of extra cards I can't actually use. So take a look, actually read what is being said, and then spread the word to whoever you think might be interested.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 04:47:57 PM by Raf_Cian »

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 10:10:36 PM
It does sound like an interesting game. If profit is not a priority, and expansions work with original cards, then I could see this going somewhere, and I might pitch in.