Author Topic: Fall of Darkness [RP]  (Read 38146 times)

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 08:55:27 PM
The porcupine sighed. 'It'll just be a minute' he said, 'I'll get ye yer ale' he said. Uncivilized little... he probably though I wanted it to drink all at once! If he doesn't come soon with that- Oh! He's back! The porcupine perked up as he saw the bartender coming with his barrel of ale. That should last him a month or two.

"'Ere's yer ale, but ye don't look like a drinker." He lift the keg onto the counter.

The porcupine placed the approximate value of the keg onto the counter. "Keep the change." The porcupine reached around the keg and pulled it down onto the floor, the proceeded to pick it back up and leave, as the bartender placed a white paw on the money left behind and smiled.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 10:36:18 PM
The Cougar walks over to the bar half laughing as the rest of his friends begin to head to the door. "A Lager for the road" his says to the Bartender with a smile, and he waves to thoes that are leaving at the door.

Kampkraft

• Fragarach
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 08:39:15 PM
Maekrix walked in and immediately scanned the room for any possible threats. He ignored the stares he received. This far away from his desert homeland, he was bound to be a curious sight. Never less, today he is just stopping for the night. He walked to the bartender and asked for a room.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 10:31:36 PM
The porcupine finally reached The Guild's hideout. 'Finally' being relative, considering the hideout was directly adjacent to the bar. Regardless, the porcupine wasn't much in the 'strength' or 'size' department, so even that short distance with a keg would wear him out every trip. He began the several minute process of attempting to open a door with a large object in his paws, and managed to get the door open in a relatively short time. As he walked through the door, he remembered how few people there were in The Guild currently. He kicked the door shut and proceeded to the small kitchen they had set up, and as he set down the keg, he wondered if all this effort was really worth it.

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Kampkraft

• Fragarach
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 10:58:06 AM
Closing the door behind him, he found himself in a somewhat plain room. There was a bed and a table, and that is all it is to it. Scanning the room in a paranoid fashion, he than brought out a spellbook out of the pouch he had. Curious thing this bag is. It can hold many things inside it despite the fact that it should not hold anything in it! He let the spellbook float in the air before turning the pages.  For now it is somewhat empty. Reviewing what spells he had taken, he than put it back in the pouch. Locking it with a spell long enough to last the night, he went on to sleeping for the night.

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 11:42:28 AM
Rixo finished his drink, and gave up on trying to cool his throat. He didn't want to get drunk, which could very well happen if he went on the whole night like that. DJ kept to himself, mostly, as nothing particularly of interest happened in this sleepy little town.

But once that dragon came in, Rixo got the shivers like no one's business. Whatever that means.

A character like that isn't normally found in a sleepy little town. Even when they DID come to a sleepy little town, they usually didn't pay attention to the other characters in the sleepy little town.

"Hey," he asked the bartender, "What room is he staying in?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"I think I just-" Rixo sneezed again, "-know him from somewhere."

Fourth door on the left, one flight up.

After paying the bartender justly for his drinks, and making sure to place the glass so the handle was facing towards the inside of the bar, Rixo grabbed his gear and made his way up the stairs. He looked back down to the main room once, then continued upwards.

Fourth door on the left was the same as the other ones, except it was easier to see because it was closer to the window, which the moon shined in through. After making sure no one was looking, he put his ear up to the door.

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

Kampkraft

• Fragarach
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 12:48:39 PM
Half-sleeping, half paying attention, Maekrix mulled over his future. The northern climate here was colder, he would have to keep the spell that protected him from the extreme elements permanently. he than double checked his inventory in the bag. Speaking the complex enchantments in his native language, he browsed through the contents in his bag telepathically. A spellbook, the outdated map he still held, a quill used for writing, several bottles worth of ink, as well as several scrolls and potions. There is no employment opportunities in this small village though. Maybe one of the locals know where a town is located.

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 01:00:09 PM
Rixo heard the foreigner speaking some strange dialect. From the tone of voice it sounded like a spell, but he couldn't tell what kind of a spell it was. He sniffed for fire while he listened, just to double check.

He kept his left ear up to the door.

D. Ein

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 08:39:23 PM
The door very nearly flew off its hinges after three thunderous pounds. The bartender didn't quite reach the doorknob to let the impatient, if large, guest in. After one more such knock the door had, indeed, fulfilled its original intention of leaving the confines of the doorframe, and slammed into the bar at the back. The bartender's mind just barely decided between lamenting the ruined door and answering the barked "YOU!" from the door:

-"Yes, what is it, you bull-tempered brut-oooooooh damn..."

Right about there - just above the nose bridge - the bartender had a most annoying tick. Turning his head to face his guest at the speed that he happened to, he inadvertently liberated the annoying flesh bag from his muzzle against the point of a tree-sized warspear.

Its wielder could not even be seen entirely, for the now doorless doorframe could not accommodate his ungodly height.

-"MUTT! What city is this?!"

-"Kind sir, please be so v-very kind as to remove your r-r-rather sharp weapon from this h-humble working man's visage... This is just- just a tavern in our haml--"

-"ARE! YOU! REALLY! THIS! DAFT!?" the enormous wolf roared. "You have a big piece of metal pointed at your brain, and you even THINK not to ANSWER the question? How thick CAN your skull be? WAIT! Maybe I should just up and find out, eh?!"

As the warspear was drawn back and as the bartender's ears pressed in terror against his head and his life flashed before his eyes, the giant wolf unexpectedly lowered the weapon.

-"What was that, Staci? What? NO!" he roared (to no one in particular), stomping the ground in frustration. "I will call you Staci all I like! Your name is too long, anyway!"

Apparently calming down, the wolf bared his teeth and looked around the inn.

-"We are looking for... the Guild..."

!!!! , ...

Subject No. III VI +

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 08:42:59 PM
Kizmar looks over at the commotion with a sip of his drink. He seems to have a bit of intregue in his face and he sips. Hmm...looks like there may be some work available after all...he thinks to himself as he watches the oncoming conversation.

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 09:12:15 PM
Rixo's acute hearing didn't pick up anything from inside the room, but from what he just heard, the dragon spell-caster would probably be the least of his concerns right now.

Anyone with the gall to break down a door into a tavern weapon-drawn while referring to himself in a plural would obviously be a threat to all sorts of kindness and peace.

Rixo stepped away from the door. There wasn't too much chatter in the main room, as people questioned each other if anyone had any information on this whole "guild" thing, brought up by the wolf. There was still enough to make anyone who might step into the bar know that the wolf was not holding the bar hostage. At the top of the stairs, the little arctic fox drew his bow with an arrow.

Unfortunately, he couldn't quite see the massive figure from the top, so he stepped down, one wooden, creaky step at a time. At the middle-point of the stairwell, he had a clear shot at the eccentric wolf.

"Hey! You!" Rixo yelled, quieting down the peanut gallery as best he could, "Wh-" ACHOO!

Sure enough, the arrow sailed straight into the floorboard in front of the wolf, and let off a nice, meaty twang. The archer stood at the middle step awkwardly, waiting for the wolf to make the next move.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 09:24:05 PM
The porcupine heard the loud booming inside the adjacent bar. The wolf was either smart for guessing a building so close, or dumb for not knowing and randomly barging into a building. Either way, there was enough ruckus outside as to allow the porcupine into the alley behind the bar. Donning his ceremonial loincloth, the porcupine calmly made his way past the crowd and into the alley. Once out of sight, he began preforming a ritual, so that he would be able to channel spirits into areas he could not visibly see. Once he had finished that, he proceeded to begin channeling a restraining spirit. Though it would take a while and he would be completely vulnerable to anybody with a knack for magic, he assumed it would be the best course of action for a lumbering brute assaulting a bar with only a spear in hand.

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 11:46:20 PM
Ignoring all that was deemed "annoying" to DJ. He simply took another drink from is drink.

"Looks like Mr.Rixo couldn't help but start something in my home." *Sigh* "I'm too depressed to fight right now.*

He turned around on the bar stool looking at the massive wolf. He then placed his hand lightly on the handle of his sword,waiting for what was going to happen.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:59:27 PM by 2dogsandaDJ »

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

D. Ein

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 04:42:18 AM
Whatever glassware wasn't already decorating the floor as a finely divided sparkling dust quickly changed its mind and shattered appropriately at the wolf's thunderous laugh.

-"Nevermind that this TOOTHPICK couldn't kill an ALREADY DEAD MASTODON, you even manage to MISS with it! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Blobs of drizzle splattered against the faces of the onlookers as the wolf cackled again. "Well, little foxie fox, I think you go sleep now... RWAAAAARGH!"

For the thirtieth time today, the bartender begged forgiveness from his deities for building a tavern with such a low ceiling. Apparently the wolf held little regard for the tavern, as he charged at the fox with his head dredging the roof all the way up to the outside.

Just prior to striking Rixo with the gleaming blade, however, the spearhead vanished. Normally, the bar that was in the way of the gargantuan weapon would be pierced right through. However, at this development, it was struck by the blunt end of a slightly polished tree trunk. Although the bar more or less vanished in a cloud of rubble at that point, the weapon never reached Rixo.

The look on the wolf's muzzle hinted that steam would erupt from his ears at any moment now.

-"STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!"

!!!! , ...

Subject No. III VI +

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 03:28:13 PM
The porcupine was just finishing up the incantation for his spell when he heard the brute inside yell out of anger. He guessed that was his cue. He knelt down into the position of somebody whom would be praying to a deity and began repeating a phrase over and over again. "Kun Dal Raw... Kun Dal Raw... Kun Dal Raw..." he repeated, as ethereal chains began to rise around the wolf, slithering around his wrists and shins like snakes around a tree.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:29:45 PM by Zaiki »