Author Topic: Fall of Darkness [RP]  (Read 38159 times)

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 08:40:39 PM
Kizmar did his best to avoid bits and pieces of the roof falling on him as the lumbering brute started tearing the poor place apart. As the Wolf finishes bashing on the poor building, Kizmar looks around and starts to help people out of the rubble.

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 09:10:42 PM
Clearing the smoke that was blocking his vision, DJ sprinted at the wolf and tackled him to the ground.

"What the heck is your problem!?" DJ yelled. 

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 09:20:58 PM
Rixo was willing to take whatever luck he could get.

Apparently, the crazed wolf's weapon just vanished. The fox decided to accept this, and move towards the backup plan. He tightened his weapon

The wolf was distracted again, by someone named "Staci." Rixo tried to remember the name so he could thank his savior if he ever had the chance. With a sudden jolt, the fox leaped up the stairs and ran down the hallway. He passed along the door that had his attention earlier, and wondered if he should report the character to someone. However, he decided against it, as the town would be concerned enough stopped a hallucinating maniac from tearing down the whole village.

Rixo had his backup plan. He reached the window at the end of the hallway. He turned back to look and see if the wolf was following him when he jumped. Seeing as how he was safe, he dove, and prepared to roll when he hit the ground to prevent any major bone damage.

Unfortunately, someone was already waiting for him on the ground. As he rolled to the ground, his path went directly over a very distracted porcupine's tail.

It took him about three seconds to realize exactly how much pain he was receiving at the time.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:26:16 PM by Lopez »

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 09:33:39 PM
The porcupine smirked as he finished the incantation and ethereal chains fully grasped the wolf's arms and legs. Luckily, somebody had taken advantage of the chains and knocked the wolf to the ground. Unluckily, he heard a crash above his head simultaneously. This... can't be good. With a thump, he felt somebody fall onto him and, more importantly, his quills. "Um... Sorry?"

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 09:45:07 PM
Rixo shivered. It wasn't so much the pain. The arctic fox had endured much of that in his lifetime. It was more the fact that pointy objects were sticking out of his shoulder, and the more he moved the more they would dig into his skin. The blood spread to cover a good portion of his once white right shoulder.

He looked the porcupine in the eye. Now was not the time for leisurely introductions, "Well, these are YOURS!" Rixo yelled and pointed at the porcupine's nose with his good left hand, "Get them OFF me!"

D. Ein

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 05:43:52 AM
Upon receiving the healthy dosage of translucent shackles binding him, the wolf had suddenly experienced a change of heart. Tugging at the spirit chains a few times with no success, he dropped down to his knees.

-"WAAAAAAAAAH!" The infantile wail would likely be strong enough to wake deaf corpses from the cemetery on the other side of the village. "Staci doesn't love Chaba anymore! Come back! I was only joking! I'll call you by your full name now if you come back!"

Then - barely loud enough to register as a whisper - a quiet, tired, but very menacing voice reached Goundo's ears.

-"A narrow Fellow in the Grass occasionally rides," the voice said. "You may have met Him - did you not - His notice sudden is?"

Slithering between the porcupine's spines to avoid creating any feeling, a brown viper emerged near Goundo's throat.

-"Age may have dulled my once vibrant colours, but my poison grows more potent every day," the serpent hissed. Then, with something of a flash, the spirit binds around the wolf materialized into heavy iron shackles. Excited by this development, Chaba ripped open the metal as if it were twine  string. Noting the porcupine's slight surprise, the snake continued. "Don't think I don't know your tricks, spiritualist. The source of the shackles may have been the spirit realm, but they still had to pass through the wooden floor. All it takes is a simple transmorphic spell, and the iron turns back to its original state. Now... you have a curious air about you. Might you know something of the Guild?"

!!!! , ...

Subject No. III VI +

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 02:48:49 PM
The porcupine was about the try and detach the quills impaling the fox when he felt a slithering and a soft, sinister whisper. He listened closely as the snake told him about how he negated his spell. The porcupine made sure not to show any reaction to the question about The Guild. "I've heard rumor, bits and pieces like everybody else, though I don't think they have an outpost in this town. Quite frankly, I was just trying to keep the bar in business, cheap ale for rituals and such. By why would you care about The Guild so much as to go out of your way to find them? From what I've heard, they haven't done anything other than protect random things that need protecting."

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: October 22, 2009, 08:49:04 PM
Having done his best to help thoes that got caught in the roof collapse. Kizmar turns his attention twoards the cause of it. Following the path of destruction that the perpetraitor caused(and the loud screaming), Kizmar makes his way to the back ally and comes upon the incident. He stands back however, as experince tells him playing with magic would be hazourdous for his health.

Hearing the Snake's words and the porcipine's response, Kizmar attempts to interject to try to cool the situation. "Hey Snake, I know your buddy over there didn't help the situation, but if you keep threatening the guy like that, your probably not going to make it easy to get help from them."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 02:06:31 AM by Kenku »

D. Ein

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 12:16:45 PM
"That they haven't," Mestacius agreed. "However, they also stunt the development of magic, wanting to outlaw certain branches. While this will allow them to protect these... random things... more effectively, it is a practice I and my kin highly disapprove of."

Twisting about the neck of the porcupine and slithering back on the floor to the nearby Chaba, Mestacius added to Kizmar:

"Watch your mouth, cougar. The only kind of help that the Guild may offer us is kindly leaping off the highest clifftop they can find."

With this, Mestacius vanished in the burlap sacks draped over Chaba. Visibly cheered up, the wolf pointed at the porcupine.

"Duur duur," he taunted, sticking out his tongue. "Silly porcupine, ha ha ha! Your booger chains won't hold Chaba back!"

Picking up his blunt-again weapon, he trudged outside, and shouted back in:

"Staci tells me to tell you not to stand in our way! For our louse is must!"

Scratching his head, the wolf corrected himself:

"Err... our cause is just! Oh, and also, Staci told me to help the innkeeper make this inn better."

Heaving the log off his shoulder, he swung it all the way behind himself, and smashed it into the inn's front log pillar. Lacking a support, the entire roof of the eating area collapsed to the side.

"Now he has to rebuild it from scratch! It'll be better when he's done! HAAAAAR har har har!"

Log thrown over his shoulder, Chaba began walking away from the ruins, into the forest where he came from.

!!!! , ...

Subject No. III VI +

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 02:47:17 PM
The porcupine vibrated the quills on his back a few times to figure out which ones were impaling the fox and removed the manually. He shoved the fox off of his and recomposed himself. "Dammit, that was annoying. And now I can't get any ale..."

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 07:26:37 PM
DJ at the moment is left awestruck on what has happened in the last 10 minutes.

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #41 on: November 07, 2009, 11:38:38 AM
Rixo shivered a bit. He had experienced loss of blood before, so this was no lone instance. But the events that had unfolded in all of ten minutes caused a rush of emotions almost equal to the rush that caused him to leave home.

"...thank you," he said to the porcupine, weakly.

But what about the wolf? And what about the Snake?

"...who were they? Did they know you? Did..." Rixo stopped, and turned around.

"I'm sorry," he licked the fur on his exposed shoulder once and said, "I have a few people to apologize to," then he began walking back towards the crumpled structure.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: November 07, 2009, 06:13:10 PM
The porcupine walked away from Rixo, disregarding what he was saying. He was exhausted. The spell's interruption stole what energy he had left, leaving him with not even enough to make it back to the hideout. He began stumbling, and he barely made it five feet before collapsing and falling unconscious.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: November 08, 2009, 04:59:54 PM
Kizmar saw the porcupine fall as the dust settled. Walking over he tried to tap him on the shoulder and asked if he was ok. Getting no response, he tried to turn him over as gently as he to check his pulse. Nothing that, he looks around for some help, and sees DJ. "Hey you! Stop standing around like a dummy and help me get this guy to the healers!"

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: November 08, 2009, 07:45:53 PM
"Sure"

DJ walks over to the unconscious porcupine and places him on his shoulders.

"Where to?"