Author Topic: Speedpainting  (Read 7709 times)

LurkingWolf

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
on: April 14, 2011, 10:46:47 PM
Apparently the only way to get myself to finish a piece of art is to not give myself time to think about it.  With that in mind, I submit my 20 minute Paint speedart of my fursona.  I know there are so many things i could have done better, but I finished it.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:18:10 AM
That's pretty cool!  I never get what the heck "speed paint" means because it seems all artists who paint really intricate detailed things that take forever and post them call them "speed paintings".  But at 20 minutes I think you're using the definition properly. [;) *should try it sometime*

[fox] Virmir

Zavier

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • This account has been TOTALLY NOT abandoned.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 02:27:54 PM
That's pretty cool!  I never get what the heck "speed paint" means because it seems all artists who paint really intricate detailed things that take forever and post them call them "speed paintings".  But at 20 minutes I think you're using the definition properly. [;) *should try it sometime*

I think "speedpainting" is more defined by the artist themselves. For example: an artists that generally takes a long time on artwork might call something that only takes an hour or two a speedpainting. To them, it's fast.