Author Topic: Digimon  (Read 11204 times)

Alias

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
on: January 17, 2010, 11:45:12 AM
After that thing where some of us stayed up till four talking about this, I thought this topic was in order.  So it turns out most furries have seen Digimon!  And I think the consensus was, season one was great, two never happened, three was different but great, four is good in its own way, but is this  really digimon?

What I really liked about season one was the surrealness of the world the kids found themselves in, and how they had to work together and learn more about themselves to escape.  Season three I loved because it was dark.  The only season where digimon could really 'die'.  On the other hand, season three's digital world sucked.  It was thematically appropriate suck, since all the digimon are desperately trying to get stronger and escape it, but it still sucked.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 01:45:08 PM
It may be creature presence, but I am a fan of season 2, and really the two seasons as a full story. I never reallty had interest in Tamers for some reason although, and to me the story was rather weird.

Season four was kinda cool, and took the story a different way altrogether, which I understand why it turned off some people.

None of them were meh do me unlike *COUGH*COUGH*Data Squad*COUGH*COUGH*

Pontos

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 02:05:41 PM
Season three was ok, but it wasn't as interesting as the first one was to me because the authors tried too hard to turn it into a fusion between the "tamer" idea (Pokemon) and a more RPGish trading card game-based cartoon (Yu gi ho maybe? I'm glad I haven't seen that thing so I'm not sure |:P).

Season four i haven't seen, but the part of the kids turning into the digimon gave me mixed feelings. It would have been awesome had they all become some fuzzy creature, but as far as i know only one becomes a bear thing, while the rest get some sort of armor while growing 2 inches in the process.
But then again, as i mentioned last night, what made the first season so cool was the relationship between the humans and the digimon and how said relationship developed.

And why people keep mentioning about a second season? I keep reading about sequels to The Matrix and a fourth Indiana Jones movie... What is people smocking? i don't get it...

|;)

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 02:34:03 PM
3 > 1 > 5 > 2 > 4

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Fox Eternal

• Lord of the Darkness
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART!
Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 07:27:44 AM
DIGIMON TAMERSSSSssssss...
(Yeah...I like Renamon)
...Nothing to say more now.

I'm a sergal! o-o

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 07:10:10 PM
3 was fun for all that I suppose it wasn't actually digimon. 1 was of course awesome and my favorite season followed by 2 and 4. I don't think I need to justify 2 cause most people here liked Tamers as well, but I understand people disliked 4 (data squad) because of the main character. Well I suppose that's up to the individual but I personally thought it was a fun concept to build off of. Though if I remember correctly... digimon were also able to die in Data Squad if the death was done right.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 07:22:07 PM
Meh. The reason I didn't care for Data Squad had to with that the digimon looked like rehases of earlier seasons, and the storyline in my opinion was poor.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 07:52:53 PM
I suppose I can see where that would become an issue. I didn't mind though. And I think you must admit it was better than the most recent one is turning out to be.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Pontos

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 08:46:17 PM
Geez, people talking about Digimon makes me want to watch the original series again >_< *looks for some nice rips on torrent sites*

Mainly Myotismon saga, which is the best by far. But also the one before that (I hated that monkey though, crappiest enemy ever).

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 09:38:25 PM
Wait a minute, aren't the set of tamers and the ones after them different seasons? Because I always thought so, which is why I numbered things the way I did.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 09:58:44 PM
Oh god, I forgot about that Elvis wannabe. I think the only cool thing about that part was the ultimate level digimon. They were pretty cool I think. First part with devimon gets points for being classic, and myotismon gets points for awesome. I actually kind of liked the masters too. Also there was that part where the digidested had all drifted apart and were all seperated and lost. Pretty nice character developement.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 11:57:51 PM
Myotismon is probably on my top ten list of coolest villains ever. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Pontos

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 12:13:18 AM
I didn't like the Masters' saga much (the last). It felt shallow in comparison with Myotismon's, and also had no real connection with past events or even a reason to be. It had some cool stuff, like Puppetmon's storyline, but not much else.

Magna-Angemon was the best thing from it, but only lasted one episode >_<

*Suddenly misses his childhood, watching cartoons after school every weekday afternoon*

CZM

• Cleo Alverick
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Hi all~
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 06:05:56 AM
i like DigimonMaster online game

"i was being ignored by everyone and alone again... it's hurt..., but... clemaxgra was pets my head from behind for cheer me...." (CZM) :)

Raf_Cian

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 07:12:51 AM
Season One: I liked it, but it also had the benefit of doing everything for the first time.

Season Two: Could have been better, but I really liked the idea of continuity in general so it did eventually grow on me by the time it ended.

Season Three: This took forever for me to accept. At first I thought it was a prequel to Season One. It took me forever to accept that it was just an alternate universe. It was certainly OK once you get past that and it's few awkward opening episodes.

Season Four: I LOVED Data Frontier. I can understand that some people may have been a little put off, but that's them and I'm me. It divorced itself rather thoroughly from the mythology of the first world, so unlike Tamers there was no confusion at the beginning that this was an alternate reality. Beyond that I liked all it's concepts in general, all the way up to it's ending... actually have a little bit of a fan fiction idea mostly inspired by this season.

Season Five: ...I've yet to watch Data Squad. The switch over to Disney/ABC Family took me off guard.

Season Six: ...also haven't watched this. Only really found out about it recently and I'm not sure where I could see it.