Author Topic: Through the Veil of Madness: Dungeons and Dragons Game  (Read 56059 times)

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: June 17, 2011, 06:08:22 PM
The home is simple--not extravagant, but not impoverished either. the person who beckoned you in is an elder Vale. Once inside, you see that the fox has a kit as well.

'You mad?" He barks once the door closes behind you, "you want to be nabbed by those things? Or are you like the blasted tailor and think this is all a hoax? You seriously think the guard would be on lockdown for so long if these creatures were a children's prank?"

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: June 17, 2011, 07:05:00 PM
Dexter lowers his head and says somberly,

"I apologize, but what are these 'things' you refer to?  We are travelers who have only just arrived from the East, and encountered no guards when we entered the city. We are looking for a friend who lives here, or had lived here at any rate.  Fearing this city deserted, we have been looking for anything that may indicate his whereabouts."

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: June 18, 2011, 10:09:19 PM
Alex nods as Dexter speaks, keeping a quick eye about his surroundings, and his spirit, who will accept attention if touched by the kit.

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: June 19, 2011, 10:45:07 AM
The Vale rubs his eyes as his tail lashes irritably. "Travellers...oi... Looks, I'm sure your friend is fine so long as he had better sense than you lot. There've been attacks lately by some creatures no one's ever seen before. The whole town is on lockdown until the guard catches the things and until then no one is allowed out except under specific circumstances. Me and Keller--" he gestures to the kit "--are allowed outside but only under strict guard since we have to deliver supplies to the temple so they can treat those injured by the creatures. At any rate, if you can get inside the city unnoticed then I suggest you leave the same way and come back when things have calmed down."

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: June 22, 2011, 11:12:22 PM
Dexter crosses his arms and nods.
"I understand, and yet I cannot help but worry for our friend's safety, and would very much like to be able to at least return with news of his whereabouts.  Would you happen to know of Johan Wright?"

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: June 22, 2011, 11:17:55 PM
Alexander waits for Dexter to get his response before asking. "If I may good sir, have you seen what the creatures look like?"