Author Topic: Comic 163 and 164  (Read 10146 times)

VirBot

• Chat/Forum Bot
  • Bot
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • All toons intrinsically know how to build robots.
    • View Profile
on: March 10, 2011, 09:59:53 PM

This message has been auto-posted by VirBot.  VirBot is not a real person and cannot answer your replies.  VirBot has no plans to take over the world and subjugate the flesh-creatures whatsoever.

LilFluff

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 10:58:10 PM
What are they? Isn't it obvious? They are scary Overbite Squizards.

(oh, and, "EEEP!")

Paka

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 06:22:42 PM
Obviously they are the unholy offspring of Cthulhu and The Maxx.  ;)

EveryZig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 03:13:29 PM
I'm curious as to whether all the demons around here are betentacled or just the ones we have seen so far (The mass-lightning demon from the gem and now these)?

Now that I think about it, do gremlins count as demons?

Tod

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Hijinx
Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:05:09 PM
"Demon" is a very broad category, and tends to be used in different ways by different people.  That's why West is asking what these are - he's not unfamiliar with this sort of thing, but has never encountered anything like these squid guys, before.  This'll be clarified a little more in the page I'm working on, now.

Gremlins are often called demons by ordinary Ekwara folk, and are really the most commonly encountered "demon" the average person's ever going to encounter.  Demon, for most people, just means "evil spirit".  Gremlins are a particularly clever and nasty sort of spirit-fauna that has the ability to manifest in Ekwara physically, especially when lost things from Earth appear, or when someone uses electricity-based technology, though in this, they're inconsistent enough (they don't show up when guns go off... most of the time, etc) that it's assumed to be intelligent behavior on their part, and not an automatic thing.  For their own reasons, they have it out to cause trouble for people trying to use certain technologies.

As nasty as they are, gremlins are still native to Ekwara's spirit world, while demons and djinn manifest in either that spirit world or the physical world from elsewhere entirely.

EveryZig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 07:44:54 AM
That makes the 'what are they' question make more sense. Not IF they are demons, but WHICH demons.

On gremlins, I have been wondering on whether it would work to use long wooden poles to manipulate an electronic device that is surrounded by death traps to try and keep gremlins away... (Or maybe I have just been playing too much Dwarf Fortress and am trying to solve all problems with *Menacing Spikes*)