Author Topic: What are your favorite games?  (Read 14021 times)

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
on: March 09, 2011, 02:56:26 PM
Exactly what it says on the tin.  [;) What games do you love most?
I have way too many favorites personally, but the Final Fantasy series (some more than others), Fire Emblem, Klonoa, Advance Wars, Legend of Zelda series, Sonic the hedgehog 1-3, Command&Conquer Dawn and Sun, Okami, Red Alert 1 and 2, Battlefield series, and Mario Bros. series are just some that I really liked.  [:)

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

Tirien

• Drarowkune Swordmaster.
  • Need...more...swords!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 03:21:26 PM
Final Fantasy 1-6, Advance Wars, Guild Wars, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Final Fantasy Tatics Advance, Avernum 1-6, Geneforge 1-5, Disgaea, Most Legend of Zelda games, Fire Emblem series, Mario RPG series (SMRPG, Paper Mario, ect.), No More Heroes, Metroid Prime series....

"Crimson Flag Chat Room: The only place you can find marshmallow cheese, a dragon with hay fever, a snot-covered wolf, and a Tirien mistaken for a towel in one room." -Fen
"I scoff at your donut! It has done nothing!" -Draykin

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:14:27 PM
Final Fantasy 6 (really 3 on the SNES) was my untouchable favorite for a very long time.  A year or so ago I played Okami on the PS2, and that really, really caught me off guard with how fantastic it was.  I'm honestly not sure which game I like more.  I need to play them both back-to-back to see sometime to decide. [;) (I've not played FF6 for a loooong time.)

My next favorite is Final Fantasy 4.  And after that is Tales of Phantasia (SNES).  I'm not sure if this game got a release overseas.  I played a fan-translated ROM years back.

Super Metroid is my favorite platformer. Closely followed by Rocket Knight Adventures, and all the NES Mega Man games (the SNES games are great too).

There are more, but I don't want the list to get too long. [;)

[fox] Virmir

PrincessToyTime

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:48:22 PM
Final Fantasy 6 (really 3 on the SNES) was my untouchable favorite for a very long time.  A year or so ago I played Okami on the PS2, and that really, really caught me off guard with how fantastic it was.  I'm honestly not sure which game I like more.  I need to play them both back-to-back to see sometime to decide. [;) (I've not played FF6 for a loooong time.)

My next favorite is Final Fantasy 4.  And after that is Tales of Phantasia (SNES).  I'm not sure if this game got a release overseas.  I played a fan-translated ROM years back.

Super Metroid is my favorite platformer. Closely followed by Rocket Knight Adventures, and all the NES Mega Man games (the SNES games are great too).

There are more, but I don't want the list to get too long. [;)

Haha I hear that! if you let me, I would spawn a huge wall of text describing EVERY game I ever really liked, and why. But I do like your choices, played them all, and they're all golden!  [:)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 11:25:21 PM
No question:  KOTOR II

It was a rushed unfinished game, with a lot of loose ends at the end, but that game actually affected me on a profound level that almost doesn't have comparrison.  The atmosphere, the issues being grappled with, and the music.  Wow that music.  The theme that plays in the "rebuilt" jedi enclave near the end remains to this day THE most haunting piece I've personally ever heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJlNO0GxeFw  And even the ending left me pondering and conteplative in a way that's affected the way I view stories now.

Oooother than that... Simcity 2000 stands out, but Spore and Europa Universalis III come to mind.  Spore because you can make pretty much anything ]:P and EUIII because it is a historical strategy game that is both very in depth and dynamic and also matches my now thoroughly spoiled sense of realism that by now has left games like Civilization completely in the dust.

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

PrincessToyTime

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 03:00:20 AM
Oh yeah! I nearly forgot about that series... KOTOR and KOTOR II were both nice, and yeah I hate how it was rushed for the second one. Simcity 2000 and Spore is also win! never played Europa Universalis, will look into that one.

Zavier

• This account has been TOTALLY NOT abandoned.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:23:33 AM
Favorite game, huh? Every time somebody has asked me this before, I always said I can't decide. But let's see...Just Cause 2 would certainly be the first thing that comes to mind, but then I remember all the time spent on Civilization IV. Although, I still hold Jet Set Radio Future close to my heart, it being the first game I've ever played. However, I also love the No More Heroes games, as well as the Assassin's Creed games. I also love the Prince of Persia trilogy, but then again there is also the Need for Speed games, which I extremely love.  Then again, there is-GRAH!

...Yeah, I can't decide.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 11:32:59 AM
my favorite games are.. hm. Hard one. a lot of them.
To name a few, Team Fortress 2, World of Warcraft, most Legend of Zelda games, and the first two Golden Sun games.

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

CZM

• Cleo Alverick
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Hi all~
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 03:44:59 AM
i'm also play GDMO online

"i was being ignored by everyone and alone again... it's hurt..., but... clemaxgra was pets my head from behind for cheer me...." (CZM) :)

Dar'Kojor

• LEGENDARY THIEF
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Master of stealth, pickpocket, and Alchemy
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 12:20:12 AM
My favorite game, well I have more than one so here they are.
Minecraft
Dishonored 1 and 2
Portal
COD (Call of Duty)
Elder Scrolls IV OBLIVION
Assassin's Creed
Mortal Kombat (but never Mortal Kombat vs DC)
Watch Dogs 1 and 2
That is all I got so far.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:30:30 PM by Dar'Kojor »

Out with it, time is money

Devon

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 12:20:07 PM
Minecraft, Skyrim, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Team Fortress 2. I would probably like CS:GO, or L4D, but I lack the internet connection to try them out

kellyD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 07:03:43 AM
My favorite game is Battlefield 4. I'm playing it when I'm with my friends.

Almost Stranger