Author Topic: League of Crimson Flag!  (Read 7844 times)

Anter

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
on: January 22, 2011, 02:37:48 AM
Heyo there! I'm unsure if anyone else here asides Niro or Geary play it, but there is a fun free game called 'League of Legends'. It is a tactics based game based off a warcraft 3 custom game called DOTA.

Its focused around player vs player at the given moment, with the choice of a 5v5 or 3v3 game for actual games (these give substantial exp and influence points, the second being a form of cash, in comparison to custom) or a custom game in which you choose who you fight and what bots are on the map.

The game works around there being two bases, yours and theirs. Each base produces a predictable army of 3 warriors, 3 casters down three different lanes (so a total of 18 minions each wave). Every third wave will contain a tank along with the normal ones. The players will play the 'champions' of each base, being significantly stronger than the minions, and and leveling up during the battle off of fighting the minions + the other teams champions.  Each base consists of 9 towers, 3 inhibitors, 2 super towers, 1 god tower, and the main base. Being that there are three seperate lanes you have to fight and defend from: this leaves 3 towers behind one another in each lane, with an inhibitor at the back, then two super towers directly in front of the main base, and the 'god tower' at the spawn point (This last one is mainly to prevent anyone from getting you at the spawn.

Towers are very, very tough early game, and in fact will kill you almost instantaneously if you try to fight them: however they will always attack minions first before attacking a champion... unless a champion hits a champion allied to the tower. The tower then immediately switches to hitting the person harming its ally. The goal is to destroy the towers, pushing your minions into the enemies base and then destroying the main building.

There are other factors, alot of them in fact, but I can easily explain those and give a good tutorial if necessary upon any appearance of interest.

Its free to play, although cash will certainly make you look... different. It's also fairly small size program wise and graphic requirement wise. It's community has been vastly improving lately, and its very harsh to events such as people ditching a team mid-fight and ect.

I play the game myself quite alot, usually 4-5 matches a day with each one at least being around 45min-1hr. Matches can however end very fast (20-30min), 25min being the most common since if its an inevitable loss this is when the other team has the freedom to surrender. However, I have been in a match which lasted over and hour and twenty: so a long match is very possible.

And sadly, there are no foxes... but there is an anubis-like and set-like champion: as well as a werewolf.

Dragyn

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:14:53 AM
Eh, I played it for a while, but I haven't touched it in a while.

It's not a bad game, but I've a lot to get done.

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 10:55:14 AM
In case anybody's curious on the attack orders for turrets, he's an snip from the wiki:

1. The turret will target the closest unit first and continue to attack this target until it dies or moves out of range.
2. If an enemy champion inflicts damage to an allied champion (ie: auto attack, ability, damage over time such as poison) while in turret range, the turret will immediately switch targets to that enemy champion.
3. If an enemy "pet" (ie: Rally, Hallucinate, Summon Tibbers, Children of the Grave) is nearby, the turret will prioritize the pet over minions.
4. If no champion-to-champion damage is inflicted, the turret will continue to target minions (even if enemy champions are nearby).
5. Once all enemy minions are dead or out of range, the turret will target the closest enemy champion.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 10:08:25 PM
We seem to have a good LoL following now. Would anyone feel like trying to run a full CF team game on Rifts at some point?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 07:06:55 PM
I would

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Anter

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:22:21 PM
Sure, although only 4 CFers play x3

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 03:31:02 PM
Then we must recruit another fuzzy into our legion

Zavier

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • This account has been TOTALLY NOT abandoned.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 04:16:22 AM
I'm interested, but I need to know something first: is this game browser-based? Because the only place I can download off of is Steam. If the game is a download and not on Steam, I can't help you.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 10:10:06 AM
You'd have to download it off the League of Legends site, so I guess you can't

Aztetos

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Books are knowledge; Knowledge is power!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 05:04:49 AM
LoL is really fun, I just got to level 30 a couple a days back on Eu North East [:P Only played one ranked so far thought, but won it ^^

I'm trying to raise a Dragon :D