Author Topic: Villians, heroes, gaming, oh my!  (Read 6275 times)

Anter

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
on: January 14, 2011, 07:10:07 PM
Just a little quiz here: to learn about what many CFers like in a game!

-What hero would you say has the most traumatic sacrifice?

-What moment in a game made you sadder than any other moment? (If a spoiler, please hide it as such)

-Which villain would you say was the most thought out and justified in thier actions?

-Which villain would you say is the craziest/most insane?

-Which Hero would you say was the most capable? By this I mean a hero that didn't have their power
handed to them, but got it through training and skill.

-Which Hero would you say was the most thought out? By this, I mean a character that was affected by the things that came to them: not the type that simply waved everything off or was completely happy despite everything.

-Which is the worst hero you ever seen?

-Which game have you played that genuinely gave you the best sense of adventure, and not a sense of reading a book?

-If you could be a character in any of the games, who would it be?

-Who is the best support (Villain or Hero or Neutral) character in a game you've played?

-Which is the scariest game you've played?

-What was the most peaceful game you've played?

-The hardest?

-And lastly, if you could arrange a battle between two characters, who would you choose? They can be from any game ever made: and you can set the setting an all things.

Try to answer not only the question, but why! No sense in answering something if you don't explain it  [;)

American Otter

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 07:35:21 PM
So I can answer the questions and Keep track of them all, I shall be answering them in the quoted post itself. Here are my answers.

Just a little quiz here: to learn about what many CFers like in a game!

I think the most Traumatic Sacrifice in a video game would be from Star Fox Assault
       Peppy Hare pilots the Great Fox and rams the Apraoid Home World Gate allowing them to   get into the Queens lair, I actually cheered at the end cut scene

-What moment in a game made you sadder than any other moment? (If a spoiler, please hide it as such)

I do not need to Use Spoiler, as we all know the fate of this ship. The Game Titanic Adventure Out of Time. You are on the Titanic and, she, she does sinks. She was, that is still the saddest moment of my gaming carreer, I actually lost the disk, as I filed it away for later, I was visible shaking and I had to go outside for a while, I actually cried, there. Also my paws were shaking visible for a good five minutes and I just had to go find something happy and uplifting, and to interact with other people.

-Which villain would you say was the most thought out and justified in thier actions?

I would say Kane from Tiberium series of Command and Conquer series.

Leader of Team Galactic, that is all I am going to say, just look up his motives for what he wanted to achieve.

-Which Hero would you say was the most capable? By this I mean a hero that didn't have their power

I would have to say Link, I mean, come on, he has to have gain his equipment, fight off bosses on his own, and just have his wits and strength about him.

-Which Hero would you say was the most thought out? By this, I mean a character that was affected by the things that came to them: not the type that simply waved everything off or was completely happy despite everything.

I would have to say Sora from Kingdom Hearts, he is affected and does his best to get through things, He was someone that did his best, but you could see things eat at him at times.

I cannot say, I found that all the heroes I have played in games were and are good.

-Which game have you played that genuinely gave you the best sense of adventure, and not a sense of reading a book?

I would have to say the best game I have had this was from, well.... I cannot actually say, but maybe at the moment would be Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, from the world around you, to the plot and twists, to just being able to move about the world, and realistically gain access to other areas of the map. Just amazing really.

Hmmm.... That is a hard thing. With my skills and such, and Imagination and the like, I would say, maybe Star Fox world?

-Who is the best support (Villain or Hero or Neutral) character in a game you've played?

Best Support? I would say, hmmm, The Star Fox team. They are good, and can help you out a bit at times.

I must admit I do not play scary games. But I would say Titanic Adventure Out of Time.

Sim City 3000 to be honest.

-The hardest?

James Bond Goldeneye for the Wii ((Still trying to beat it.)) Stupid protect mission, and bad at FPS

-And lastly, if you could arrange a battle between two characters, who would you choose? They can be from any game ever made: and you can set the setting an all things.

Well, to be honest I do not know, and do not have the time at the moment to answer the question.

Try to answer not only the question, but why! No sense in answering something if you don't explain it  [;)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:55:32 PM
Okay I probably won't get all of these in one go but I'll answer what I can, or at least try to give a reason for any non-answers.

Dunno, I personally don't like the heroic sacrifice stuff.

I can't recall any really sad stuff from video games I've played at the moment..

Okay, it's not a video game, but Lord Genome from Gurren Lagann stands out in my head.

This will require much thought. I'll think about it.

I have to say Link, while he (I will refer to the many links in general as a singular Link just for the ease of typing) is a hero, and has the Triforce of Courage, it doesn't make him strong. He travels all over the world (or whatever parts of it are in-game anyway) slowly gaining power and equipment before finally taking on the big bad.

Can't say- I haven't encountered any stunningly bad ones- or if I did, they got brain bleached.

Probably Wind Waker. Very adventurous kind of game.

probably a Worgen in World of Warcraft. Which is a very unexciting answer but the truth for obvious reasons. Though a lack of tail would certainly annoy me, I could deal.

Medic from TF2. The man has a gun that heals people. And makes them invulnerable for ten seconds when it's charged up. And a crossbox that heals you with arrows. And a bonesaw that heals you when he plays it like a violin.

Alan Wake. I Don't play scary games, but it looked interesting and was worth it in my opinion. Though Majora's Mask gets an honorable mention because it freaked me out first and would totally take this spot if I hadn't played Alan Wake.

Zen Bound. a game about tying rope around little wooden figurines.

-The hardest?
Super Meat Boy. So much death.

I would put Link (specificially, Twilight Princess' Link) up against Isaac from the Golden Sun games. Not to the death though, it'd just be interesting to see who would win in a fight.

... Looking at that, Legend of Zelda popped up a lot.

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Anter

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 01:39:20 AM
 This isn't from a videogame, but if you have watched the second series of Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: The Tachikoma's disobey their commander's orders and realized the satillite that held their AI could be used to intercept a nuke to save all the lives. The sacrificed themselves by dropping it out of orbit and ramming it into the missle as it was launched: saving thousands of lives. They sang as they died, the song being here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShZ2c267FSs
This would most definitely be a tie between the town of Tida from Final Fantasy CC and and the death of De'Nam in the same game. The entire game was happy, cheery, and had a sense of adventure. And then, you came across the town of Tida, a village with a stark contrast from the rest of the game: and having a sad story in its background. The second, De'nam, is through letter correspondence. You, through letters, learn he is trying to become immune to miasma and drinks the water in small amounts: slowly poisoning himself to immunity. You later go to the place where he was, and find a horrible monster the drops his headband: this is letters after he felt it was working.
 Definately Kreia from star wars: Knights of the Old Republic. She believed the force was not good, as the Jedi believed. She also didn't believe it was a savior, as the sith faith believed. She saw it as a monster, manipulating and controlling all life. She did all she did to save the universe: while at the same time ending the force. It is arguable if she is a villain, but at the same time she did betray everyone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EtByaOxiwE
 Kefka, Kefka, and Kefka. This guy defines psycho evil: and one look at this clown shows that he can back himself easily. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0VBwU6Mx0
    This is a tie between Link and Samus. Although both were given tools: both managed to use them far beyond their capabilities.
    Hope from FF13. He developed from a revenge-wanting child, to a hopeless person, to a strong: foward character.
   http://thegamereviews.com/userfiles/image/Top%2010/annoying%20men/tidus.jpg DURRR
-Which game have you played that genuinely gave you the best sense of adventure, and not a sense of reading a book?  Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and Elder Scrolls Oblivion for me, both were very very free-form: although your choices meant more in knights of the old republic

None! Well, kefka comes close: but hes a crazed clown. None are powerful enough for me >_>
    Sahz from FF13... What isn't to love?
    Resident Evil 3. I was only like 10 at the time when Nemesis busted through a window with a rocket launcher. I turned off the game.
    Harvest Moon: Its a game... where you farm.
-The hardest?
    The original Myst. SO. MANY. RIDDLES.
    Beatrix from FF9 vs Flemeth from Dragon Age: I'll think of a better one later.