Author Topic: Chat Based DnD?  (Read 24981 times)

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 12:52:23 AM
I'm working on a rogue geared towards ranged abilities.  It should give me a higher DPS and hit rate than a Ranger, though the latter would give me more mobility.  However, I like the Rogue's better capacity for maintaining concealment.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Alias

• View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 01:19:18 AM
i'm going to be using a wizard, i think, who is kind of a dork and specializes in things like putting people to sleep and making the ground sort of slippery XP

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 01:34:28 AM
Heres a list of regional benefits if anyone needs them

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 07:18:07 PM
Maptools mod is up and ready to go. One note although is I botched the title, which should of been "Elder Wisdom". It is a bit of a ruin exploration although.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 04:40:47 AM
Alright, then.  Considering that We already have a rogue (striker) and a wizard (controller), I made a defender, in this case, a Minotaur Battlemind--which is the psionic defender class.

I focused on Abilities that reduce the damage I take or which let me move where I need to be, so I can soak all the hits for you guys, since that'll sort of be my job.

I shouldn't have any trouble with MapTool, and I've made a token and attached it to a character file, in the hopes that it will make things go smoothly.  Here's hoping.

And I'm off to bed, for now.  If I'm not messing up the timezone conversion, I've only got 7 hours to sleep.  Alarm clock it is.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 08:31:10 PM
Hey guys, how much RAM do you have? Just curious cause we may be able to avoid the disconnects if a higher memory limit is given.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 11:57:46 PM
I have 4 GB installed, though since I'm running 32 bit, only 3 of that is usable.

(3.37 according to the control panel, but I don't really know, myself.)

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 09:36:58 AM
I've got enough, and we're still not exactly sure what causes the disconnects, but it looks like as long as you set the memory limit around 512 megs the memory leak is not a problem, at least for players.  The low initial usage means that someone with low memory could get away with 256 megs for a while, though since I was disconnected several times I don't have an accurate estimate of how much the leak would take up over the course of a full session.

Keep in mind that you have to set the maximum memory that the tool can access.  The default is 64 Megabytes, and I was getting higher than that pretty fast.  I set it to 512 and never hit my cap, however I was still disconnected several times.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 01:57:44 PM
Thats partially why I was asking, as I read on the frameworks page, the proper settings for the framework is 1024/1024/10

I believe in my case I can run that if I shut down a couple programs, so I was thinking of trying to figure what would be good limits for the group.

Of course the issue may simply be my connection, while fast, has a tendency to be woggy(as I can't host skype due to it sounding like a cell phone call with interference), but thats an issue that I can't really fix.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 12:53:47 PM
Due to a player being unavailable for the moment, game start time is delayed until 3:00pm EDT.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 01:06:19 PM by Kenku »

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 11, 2010, 01:37:40 PM
Server is up and ready to go. Same port address and IP as last week.

One note although is I upped the Maptools settings. Max is 512, Min is 128, and Max stacks is 4