Author Topic: Chat Based DnD?  (Read 27107 times)

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 05:09:12 PM
What will we be using to allocate stats?  3d6, 4d6 discard low, or point-buy?

In addition, it would be helpful to have some preliminary information on the campaign and start location before the 4th.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 06:00:46 PM
What DigiVul said, and also, it would be good for those of us taking part to get together and try to figure out who's filling what role in the party, at some point.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 01:23:42 AM
Id say Point Buy as standard for 4e. As for preliminary information, that depends on your choice of module. General information on the Forgotten Realms(also known as Faerun) is it is a world of high magics and sharp contrasts, to the point of that there have been times in the living world campaigns when the gods have been affected, and have heavily affected the world. The world also has several realms, including thoes such as the underdark to which the drow dwell.

As part of this, each person my add one "Home Region" to thier character, which they gain the ability of their home region, and possibly if a game is a set at a later time, gain other advantages when within it.

As for more module based:

Corm1-1 "The Black Knight of Arabel" is set within the forested human Kingdoms of Cormyr, to which Arabel is a northern trade town. The city has been dealing with a dark rider leading a legion of shadow, to which you will be tasked to investigation.

Bald1-1 "Flames of Initiation" is set within the great city-state of Balder's Gate, a city of high trade, although has been also known as a starting place for thoes that seek adventure, like yourselves.

Tyma1-1 "Elder Wisdom" is set within the scorched Dragonsborn run lands of Tymanther. The land is full of old ruins, and you have been tasked by a local governer to go investigate one of them.

As to which module you wish to take...that is up to you :P

I also must quickly apologize. When I first entered the LFR gaming curcuit, there was a preview PDF to LFR...which has seemed to have dissapeared from the site, and I seem to have lost my copy. Agian I apologize. However, all the information is in the Players Guidebook, and if you would like I can list out the region abilities if need be.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:31:47 AM by Kenku »

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 12:27:53 PM
Failing that, I can look later (when I get home) to see if I have a copy of said PDF.   I'm not gonna' say for certain that I do or I don't, but I'll check.

Alias

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 03:08:28 PM
i dunno, the one with the ruins looks kinda interesting to me.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 04:59:37 PM
I don't know anything about any of these modules, and I'm not particularly biased.  If I had to pick one, I'd probably pick the Black Knight one, but any of them work, fine.

Kenku:  I have the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide.  Is that what you meant?

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 10:19:56 PM
I think thats the dmish guide although if uit has the region abilities it should be good. I speak more of the smaller players guide although.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 12:36:02 AM
Ah.  I also have the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide.  Knowing what I'm looking for is helpful.  I'll get those to you, when I can.

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 02:46:10 PM
I'm afraid that until I get unbanished from the computer, I'll be unable to participate

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 05:54:31 PM
Well, I have the players guide. More of there was a preview pamplet for LFR that summarized the region advantages. I can post a list of the advantages if people need them.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 07:17:09 PM
Alrighty, Then.  I can't find the pamphlet, but my PDFs are horribly disorganized, so I'll let you know if I find it.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 07:25:16 PM
Hmm...think this would be a good time for a roll call! Ive heard interest from I believe Dragyn, Alias, and DV. Is there anyone else who is definitly playing?

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 07:33:16 PM
Just verifying that yes, I'm still in.

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 08:38:37 PM
Strike my previous note, I'm back in

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 12:21:53 AM
As its thursday night, I think its time I made a decision on mod. The mod will be TYMA1-1 "Runes in Ruins".

Edit: Also, if you guys are having issues with RPTools, I have no issue with streaming it. The version that we will use is the current update. Either way I would advise downloading Tokentool and making a character token for your character, as it will be needed either way.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:24:24 AM by Kenku »