Author Topic: Comic 111  (Read 15255 times)

VirBot

• Chat/Forum Bot
  • Bot
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • All toons intrinsically know how to build robots.
    • View Profile
on: October 01, 2010, 09:08:00 PM

This message has been auto-posted by VirBot.  VirBot is not a real person and cannot answer your replies.  VirBot has no plans to take over the world and subjugate the flesh-creatures whatsoever.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 12:17:19 AM
Something tells me epic spirit battle incoming!

Course, makes me wonder why spirit summoning is seen are heretical...

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 03:09:13 AM
Ohhh! This is probably why the red at the beginning at the comic... Ahh Rastaflo is against.. The fanatical sect is against the use of the spirits and such!

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 05:08:41 AM
So it seems Sierra's staff has a tenant too?
Also... is "Misstress" a typo, or a hissing voice? {;)

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Yllavyer

• That treefox above your head.
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 11:42:08 AM
I like how Sierra's distraction has the possibility of helping or hindering the situation. {:P And then again, there is a (possibly) equal chance it could be both. {;)

Meanwhile the overall effect is quite intriguing.

(15:47:36) Niro: If you mixed it with real military you could make a big deception and cause some havoc
(15:48:44) Virmir: Unless of course the enemy reads about your inflatable weapons on the BBC... [;)

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 03:09:25 PM

Is it in the staff? I thought it would be *in the person* sorta like possession?
But then again... are spirits required to do magic with things like staffs and such??
And what are they too.. natural creatures made from the spiritual energy? or something artificial the by product of chucking so much magic around? ]:O

Niro

• An Odd Occurrence of Abominable Enigma
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 03:59:16 PM
yay for disembodied voices! They always lead to good things ..... or doom you for eternity! .... Either way yay for disembodied voices!!

Keep a positive outlook it will be the blade that cuts through all the negativity in this world.

Aztetos

• Books are knowledge; Knowledge is power!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 07:19:17 AM

Is it in the staff? I thought it would be *in the person* sorta like possession?
But then again... are spirits required to do magic with things like staffs and such??
And what are they too.. natural creatures made from the spiritual energy? or something artificial the by product of chucking so much magic around? ]:O

I'm not sure, but I think they are some sort of creatures made of some kind of (cosmic or spiritual or something) energy, and are exist in different elements like that on of fire, and I think sierra's will be of water or "electricity".
And when it comes to the staffs so do I think they need something too bond them in, and the first one to bond one used a staff, and i become like a tradition to bond these in staffs.

Just a theory, what do you guys and gals think?[:P

I'm trying to raise a Dragon :D

Sarif

• Assistant Assiociate Co-Producer Director
  • Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 10:27:48 PM
I don't care all that much one way or another, but I do kinda hope Sierra's spirit won't  be water, since water/fire is a major cliche. But like I said, it's not that big a deal. Just a detail in a larger story.

I'm not sure, but I think they are some sort of creatures made of some kind of (cosmic or spiritual or something) energy, and are exist in different elements like that on of fire, and I think sierra's will be of water or "electricity".
And when it comes to the staffs so do I think they need something too bond them in, and the first one to bond one used a staff, and i become like a tradition to bond these in staffs.

Just a theory, what do you guys and gals think?[:P

I think magic, being an element that, by definition, defies other laws (depending on the magic: gravity, movement, time, etc.), probably has unlimited number of true theories on how all this stuff works. Even contradictory ones, it being magic and all.

Also, welcome to the comic, Yllavyer! |:)

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 02:06:38 AM

I think magic, being an element that, by definition, defies other laws (depending on the magic: gravity, movement, time, etc.), probably has unlimited number of true theories on how all this stuff works. Even contradictory ones, it being magic and all.

I dunno! I;ve always liked 'magic systems' that actually have a law/structure to them, like RH Juniors 'Lux' from "Tales of the Questor.

As long as the laws/rules are internally consistent with the universe I tend not to mind.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 11:19:48 AM
Typo fixed (belatedly). *facepaws*

Thanks, folks. [:)

[fox] Virmir

Sasha Workbench

• The cutest vixen ever!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Order and Chaos go hand and hand
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 28, 2019, 06:31:48 PM
summoning sprits have all ways been banned due to the fact that they are almost completely untruest worthy we have history of sprits in real life being summoned they are usually sealed in the earth (demons) or the moon (unknown)? no matter where their sealed they remain untouched.

SW