Author Topic: Epic Tales of Clashing Empires  (Read 57257 times)

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 11:12:51 AM
((Ok, I'm a little confused as to positioning now. The twins, Korg, and Jenia's character are on the alley side of the illusion with Sennel and Kenku's char just walked through the illusion into the street?))

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 01, 2010, 01:04:33 PM
OOC: That is correct. I'm not sure how Kenku's character managed to miss my characters arriving, but he just walked through the illusion. Korg is at the back of the alleyway (presumably) digging a tunnel. Korig (Jenia's guy) is more in the middle with Sennel and it is him that my characters have just approached.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: October 01, 2010, 01:14:10 PM
Sennel does not appear to have noticed his illusion was just discovered. He tilts his head curiously at the two newcoming blendscales and leans down close to their heads.

"Hi!" he says with a silly grin. "You two smell sparkly, what're your names? I'm Sennel! No, wait, Senny? Sunnel...Sooonel? Hehehe..."

((Don't worry, he'll snap out of it soon. Also, because Sennel's specialization is illusion magic and enchantments he WILL notice that the twins are hiding something. He isn't likely to care or mention anything unless he thinks it's relevant though. However, when he's in his post-magic state anything that goes out the window...))

Jenia

• Soul Collector
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Don't try to understand a chimeric ethereal hydra.
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 02, 2010, 02:07:41 PM
- Alleyway of Obsidian Castle -

Kigar was a bit startled. Not only did the huge wasp thing demonstrate massive amounts of strength, making him wonder what the crossbow is for, but then the lupe - that's how he called himself - turned out to be a mage. Another zohal seemed to have followed them a little ways behind, and then two more appeared seemingly out of nowhere, claiming to be mages.

This... Is unusual. he thought, turning to the twins Age of chaos must be starting already...

They said he appears to be in charge. Then Sennel... Started speaking oddly. Must be some sort of mage high he thought Disturbing. I hope it doesn't last too long.

"...No, I'm... Not in charge, just... Involved." he motions to the wasp-man, who was busy digging.
"I'm Kigar. You two wanna break into the castle? Well, can you mages, maybe, fly?" Kigar paused. His irony sense was tingling.
He took a good, hard look at the twins, and felt something was off, but decided to continue.
"...I think it's in everyone's best interest if we cause as little damage as possible. That means getting the empire to surrender. Which would mean... Killing the queen. And until this guy digs us a way in, the only ways in are windows."

((OOC: Guys, OOC-only posts should be left for the sign-up thread!!))

Wanna buy something? I sell pineapples, counsel, hugs and self esteem, usually for souls, but this is open for bargaining and haggling.

Or you could repay me with service. Got talent? I want it.
Don't be shy and beep me! The Jenia wants to research meet YOU!

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 02, 2010, 11:16:20 PM
Vandme listens in to the conversaition and decides to interject "excuse me, I apologize, but maybe I could help. If there are some viney plants nearby, I could grow a rope to the nearest opening. Although if I may ask, what has this queen done to warrant such a death?"

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: October 03, 2010, 08:51:00 AM
Sennel blinks and rubs his forehead before turning to the greenscale. "From my understanding this kingdom is highly dependant on slavery. Farmen and Zohal alike are forced to work for Grarim benefit. After so many generations of this system the slaves believe themselves to be responsible for more of the kingdom's welfare than the royalty and now seek to overthrow the system. Is this correct, Kigar?"

Jenia

• Soul Collector
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: October 03, 2010, 12:52:30 PM

Sennel's explanation left Kigar unsatisfied. He frowned, sighed, and nodded wearliy.
"Not just farmen and zohal - any non grarim are eligible slaves. This includes any other anthros, this... Insectoid gentleman... Even the monochromae and the bloodsuckers, if you've heard of those - you just don't see much around of species that are, well, hard to get."

Kigar paused, wondering how he should continue.

"...Either way, the queen's only real sin is allowing this empire of hers to go on existing. Then again, were she to dissolve it, the grarim would see that as a sin, too. They wouldn't kill her - they can't kill their queen - but they'd not make her a very happy queen."

Wanna buy something? I sell pineapples, counsel, hugs and self esteem, usually for souls, but this is open for bargaining and haggling.

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: October 03, 2010, 01:02:03 PM
-Pavestone-
The innkeeper shakes his head and says,

"Nah need ta throw yerself away like that lad, I know we cannae beat 'em, but we can hold 'em off long enough fer ye ta get away. Nae more time ta talk now, let's go!"

The innkeeper grabs Simon's arm and pulls him off to the stables, shouting at people along the way to drag some tables in front of the doors to buy the doomed defenders a little more time. When they reach the stables, two horses have already been saddled up.

"I rent these here out ta travelers sometimes, but I keep two ready for emergencies.  Get on the road and ride until ye hit the city, these are good horses and will get ye there by dawn."

Just then Simon hears a banging on the door, the invading bandits trying to break in.  The innkeeper swings the back door open and says in a half whisper,

"Hurry lads, we can't hold them off much longer!"

Simon nods and climbs onto one of the horses, then looks toward Joshua,

"It doesn't look like we have much choice in the matter, let's go."

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: October 03, 2010, 03:35:30 PM
Sennel nods. "Thank you for filling in my gaps, Kigar. I admit a somewhat erratic knowledge of these parts. So the queen is what makes or breaks this empire then? If she is removed then there is a spot for someone else to take control, yes? But she is not compelled to address challenges, thus the need for a siege?"

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: October 03, 2010, 11:08:45 PM
-Pavestone-

I don't like it.....but fine. *Joshua sheathes his weapons and hopes on the other horse* We better get a move on if we can make it to the capitol in time. *He pats the horse* So Simon, you ready to ride?
*The excitement of riding horse some how calmed him down a little bit*

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

Jenia

• Soul Collector
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: October 04, 2010, 01:07:34 PM

Kigar sighed.
"It's not that simple" he rolled his eyes "The grarim have a loyalty instinct of sorts, encouraging obedience to the queen through something in her smell."

He paused, and kicked aside a small rock that seemed to bother him for some reason. It bounced off the obsidian wall and down some pavement.

"Without her..." he turned back to Sennel "They'll lose the advantage of unity. It'll be a few years, at least, before another queen develops. Until then, they'll likely be torn apart by every little disagreement."

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: October 04, 2010, 06:57:48 PM
"Interesting" Vandme says as he makes a quickly look of the surroundings for what sort of plant life may be growing nearby. "So the death of the Queen will be seen as a way to help fracture the Grarim and better the rebellions chances, as it seems it would take an overthrow the of cities's government to create any change."

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: October 04, 2010, 08:26:10 PM
Sennel rubs his forehead and leans against the wall, sliding down into a sitting position. "I'll never understand these politics. I've been out of the woods for ten years and Lupe structure still makes more sense than all these empires and kingdoms and whatnot. Maybe I'll make a trip back after finishing up here, assuming I can find who I'm looking for..."

He drones off. The memories of Aldebrand make him fall silent. He was here to carry out his master's last wishes--his role in the rebellion was merely a side-event. Sennel looked at the wasp-man's hole and decided that he would rather not wait four hours. Pressing his nose to the ground, the Lupe began sniffing around until he came to a patch of dirt beneath cracked pavement. He took out his knife and used it to pry away the loose stones and carefully scraped away the soil until a green shoot emerged.

"Hey," He said, getting to his feet. "Is this enough plant life?"

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: October 04, 2010, 08:38:53 PM
Vandme looks at Sennel. "Ah, that while helpful, is rather young. Really what I see is something like this" he says as he places a hand agianst some trumptet vine that are climbing the alley wall. "If you wish to attempt my suggestion, simple plants like this are all I will need to build a viney rope that should get you to the window. It is up to you all although, as I would rather not stress the plants if I could."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: October 04, 2010, 09:19:15 PM
After a bit of debate with Al during which the other nearby party members seemed to have come up with another plan, El stepped forward. "My brother and I can indeed fly and while we could indeed get other people into a window, I believe the plan of creating a rope may be better. The vines would not have to hold us and we could meet you at the window"

El did not mention that while Al could easily get them through the window, it would probably be through the means of a launched section of street pavement and involve pain for anyone involved. And if it were the two of them casting the spells to get them into the castle, it was guaranteed that Al would cast first before El had the chance to get his own more orderly spell in place. It was a very subtle move on El's part and probably only noticed by Al himself who glared somewhat sulkily at him. Al always enjoyed the chance for spells that technically worked, but weren't at all what the person being cast for had in mind.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.