Author Topic: Epic Tales of Clashing Empires  (Read 57225 times)

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 06:23:37 PM
"The Queen's...assassination squad? Wouldn't that mean we'd have to be inside the city?" Sennel tilted his head curiously. "Or is she out here? What's going on, anyway?"

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 06:27:45 PM
Ril'Trag silently put away his crossbow, somewhat annoyed that he injured somebody who didn't intend to harm them, but also knowing that he didn't have much time to respond in the case that the bandit was attempting to harm them.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Jenia

• Soul Collector
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Don't try to understand a chimeric ethereal hydra.
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 06:29:51 PM
- Scene with the Caravan -

Kigar smirked, turning to the gray anthro.

"Well... In case you didn't notice, the rebels are attacking the city, trying to bring down the empress slash queen. I mean, who else would bring siege weapons to the city? Molemen?"

His eyes shifted back to the bug-man.
For some reason, that being unsettled him...

Wanna buy something? I sell pineapples, counsel, hugs and self esteem, usually for souls, but this is open for bargaining and haggling.

Or you could repay me with service. Got talent? I want it.
Don't be shy and beep me! The Jenia wants to research meet YOU!

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 06:33:21 PM
"Ooooh! That makes sense! I'll just wait until the fighting's over before asking around then." For some reason the news seems to have relaxed him. He puts his knife away and hops back, sitting down on the overturned carriage.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 07:05:46 PM
"Wait a moment, rebellion? Empress? What exactly is going on here?" The korg tried to make sense of what was going on, but he was never one for listening to his client's gossip, and he hadn't been here long enough to know from experience.

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 07:45:01 PM
Vandme's curiosity was intruppeted as the seige engies  began to roll across the field in the direction of the city. Somewhat bewildered, he watched as the catapaults began to roll into position. Watching from afar, he could see people moving around the structure, as they start to load it for firing upon the walls.

Intreging...although somewhat wasteful... Vandme thought as he looked upon them firing their shells. As he watched, he noticed the overturned carraige. Seeing them getting caught in the strange charge, and in need to help, he decides to slowly walk over the the carraige. Upon arriving, he says "Scuse me, you need any help getting that up?" he asks no one in preticular.

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 07:55:39 PM
Simon sighs, takes a seat and rests his hands on the table.  He shakes his head slightly and says,
"It's probably nothing, but I've started hearing things from the people around here as we get closer to the Obsidian city.  Wars and rumors of wars.  Just in the last town someone said the Blendscale empire had fallen to some sort of civil war, do you think the same thing could happen to us?"

((OOC: you sure get some fun stuff when news travels at the speed of horseback eh?  It's like a Doppler effect, the news seems to happen more quickly when you're traveling toward the source. X3))

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 11:23:41 PM
*Joshua laughs * The Blendscale Empire fall to a civil war? HA! That seems rather ridiculous saying something like that out loud; nothing but pointless rumors, that is....

*Looks around*  Say....you think we can get something to eat around here? I'm starving!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 01:31:18 AM by 2dogsandaDJ »

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

Jenia

• Soul Collector
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 12:14:23 AM
- Scene with the Caravan -

"...Hmmm..." Kigar paused, thinking of how to respond.
These aren't the adventurers he was making them out to be...
"...Well, foreigner..." he decided to politely explain "We have a slavering empire here called Stranagrar, Empire of the Grarim. And the rebels are being... Rebellious, as you can see. Speaking of which... you lot might want to get out of the way if you're not helping."

He turned to leave, feeling his place was out there on the front lines.

Wanna buy something? I sell pineapples, counsel, hugs and self esteem, usually for souls, but this is open for bargaining and haggling.

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 07:44:27 AM
Sennel lies back on the caravan and rests his paws behind his head. "Been a while since I've seen a good ol'fashioned dominance challenge. Think I'll watch the show."

He waves at the Greenscale newcomer. "We're all good here--pull up a seat, won't you? How long till they breach the walls, you think?"

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 12:52:06 AM
"Hmm...seems to me like a strange place to just talk with all the wrathful souls moving around us. " Vandme says in response. "Wouldn't want to get run over or anything." he says before looking over the carraige. "You sure you don't need any help with getting that thing uprighted? I mean, seems like a simple lifting job, which I could do with a little grass weaving work."

Along the walls of the city, loud bells were being heard, as the rebels have begun raising ladders to the wall, and the defending militia attempt to stop them from getting up.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 03:22:43 AM
The korg 'sat', lowering his last two pairs of legs to simulate such and action, and looked upon the siege. "I am unfamiliar with your land's weapons of war. I can not fairly judge based on what they have, but an adolescent of my kind could break through that wall if given a few minutes, so I assume they'd take somewhere between a few minutes and a few hours."

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 06:39:21 AM
Sennel nods. "Sounds about right. Lupe dominance challenges are just one on one duels but other races tend to go all out. Makes for an interesting show."

Jenia

• Soul Collector
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 04:13:17 PM
- Obsidian City Gates -

WHAM. WHAM.
The rams were unrelenting. The bandits quickly got mixed in with the rebels, to the point it was not possible to differentiate the two parties. Kigar, free from his momentary distraction, arrived at the front at just the right moment - when the gate fell.
The rebels stormed into the city, killing on sight any man with arms in hand. But the resistance was only minimal - they knew their challenge it the empress and her fortress, as no catapult would damage that...

Soon after, the rebels had control of the city - only the barricaded palace remained...

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 05:08:19 PM
Sennel hops off the carriage when he sees the rebels filing into the city. "Oooh, busted it open good! I'm gonna go find a better spot to watch, you guys wanna come?"