Crimson Flag Comic Forums
November 01, 2014, 04:37:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 13660 times)
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 01:41:27 PM »

View Profile Email
Kenku
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3

Well figured id update.

Currently my gaming run around includes:
Yohoho Puzzle Pirates
Spiral Knights
and LoL here and there.
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 08:59:11 PM »

Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
"Oh, BLAST."
View Profile WWW
Virmir
Administrator
Enchanted Weapons Expert

Donkey Kong Country just wasn't doing it for me... I'm not sure what it is.  Not a terribly huge fan of the pre-rendered 3D-ish sprites... or monkeys. Gray Fox Wink

Music will be added to stream collection though. Gray Fox Wink

Next, I'm giving Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1).  I'm actually not a huge fan of games of this style either, where you have tons of characters with unlimited customization and choices and-- gah! I just want to FIGHT! Will see how it goes, though. Gray Fox Wink

Gray Fox Virmir
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 11:03:15 PM »

View Profile
Felblood
Newcomer

As somebody who absolutely loved FFT on the PS1, but has much the same attitude toward spreadsheet games, I have one key piece of advice:

Avoid the Calculator, and Mime classes. Each one is massively powerful if you take the time to use them properly, but it makes each turn take half an hour, or forces you to think very carefully about who to bring to each battle. Instead, focus on straightforward but effective beat-stick classes like the Dragoon, White Mage, Samurai, Geomancer and Ninja.

You don't really need to be optimal to win most of the time. Special Characters like Cid, Orlan and Mustadio can outpower an entire party of normal characters, and get access to their special abilities right away, without any fancy class changing strategy, or a good stable of theives can keep your basic knights and squires armed well enough to beat the game. A good build will save you some level grinding, but you only need to be optimal if you're going into the optional level 99 dungeons. (You can win the game at 45, pretty easy.)

In short, don't let the game intimidate you with all it's options; You don't really need most of this stuff.
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 04:12:25 AM »

Yet another toon-furry grey fox
"Dammit."
satoadachi@ymail.com View Profile WWW
Kasimir
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2

I'm playing a dated game from 2003 - SimCity 4. D: o.o"

"Mission taken!" Gray Fox Grin
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 04:32:45 AM »

TOTALLY NOT Abandoned Account
"This account has been TOTALLY NOT abandoned."
View Profile
Zavier

That's nothing. I'm playing "UFO: Enemy Unknown" from 1994.

"Your flawed logic is amusing. Use magic on an anti-magic field to remove the magic-resistance from the thing its protecting so that you can cast magic on it. Yup, sounds bloody brilliant, a real cracker that one."
-Tick Tock

"I'd rather risk a chance than chance a certainty."
-Tick Tock
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »

Yet another toon-furry grey fox
"Dammit."
satoadachi@ymail.com View Profile WWW
Kasimir

It's retro gaming week over at CF!!

"Mission taken!" Gray Fox Grin
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »

That one dusty marsfox.
"Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough."
View Profile
Tvorsk
Server Manager

Prob'ly - I'm playing System Shock 1. That's what, 94? 95?

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »

Inquisitor_Delita@yahoo.com View Profile Email
Anter
Crimson Flag Fan

As somebody who absolutely loved FFT on the PS1, but has much the same attitude toward spreadsheet games, I have one key piece of advice:

Avoid the Calculator, and Mime classes. Each one is massively powerful if you take the time to use them properly, but it makes each turn take half an hour, or forces you to think very carefully about who to bring to each battle. Instead, focus on straightforward but effective beat-stick classes like the Dragoon, White Mage, Samurai, Geomancer and Ninja.

You don't really need to be optimal to win most of the time. Special Characters like Cid, Orlan and Mustadio can outpower an entire party of normal characters, and get access to their special abilities right away, without any fancy class changing strategy, or a good stable of theives can keep your basic knights and squires armed well enough to beat the game. A good build will save you some level grinding, but you only need to be optimal if you're going into the optional level 99 dungeons. (You can win the game at 45, pretty easy.)

In short, don't let the game intimidate you with all it's options; You don't really need most of this stuff.

Its also good to remember that a summoner learns any summon cast on it that it survives: and is the only way to learn the most powerful summon. I forget the exact name since its been awhile: but the final boss of the deep dungeon casts it.

Also, kill black chocobos first: they instantly cast meteor.

Weather forecast for tonight? Dark with a chance of pain.
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »

Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
"Oh, BLAST."
View Profile WWW
Virmir
Administrator
Enchanted Weapons Expert

He he, thanks for the advice, folks.  It seems a pretty popular game, so want to at least give it an honest shot. Happy Gray Fox

Gray Fox Virmir
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 06:36:50 PM »

eater of souls. devourer of worlds.
"Pirate otter! >:V"
View Profile WWW
LoCk
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1

here is a minor update, final fantasy 9 still, new golden sun, the world ends with you, final fantasy and the 4 heroes of light, left 4 dead 2, alien swarm, and the battlefield series as a whole.

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2011, 11:21:26 PM »

View Profile Email
Kenku

Playing DS alot now, and decided it was time for something new. So I got OkamiDen. Like it, although the tracing is a bit...shall we say...annoying.
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »

Fenrs, Lord of The Sammich and Spacial Disturbances.
"For the glory of the sammich!"
View Profile
Fen

currently playing Terraria, which is cool, and I hope to be playing What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? 2 soon, which unfortunately had to change its name to that, previously it and the original game were titled "Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!" which is a much cooler title.

Saaaaaaandwich.
also, internets! I have them!

(17:51:05) * Tvorsk imagines a poster with Fen now... "And remember, don't go anywhere without your Sandvich. Keep it with you at all times."
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »

TOTALLY NOT Abandoned Account
"This account has been TOTALLY NOT abandoned."
View Profile
Zavier

Welp, lately I've been playing Europa Universalis III. Really fun strategy game, and I've never seen a game so historically accurate before. Not only that, but you can play as any kingdom, nation, group of people, et cetera in the world. Cherokee Native Americans, the Inca, Great Britain, Ottoman Empire, Poland, Ming China, the Mongols, the Papal States, Venice, Norway, Québec, Mexico, Mughal Empire, the Teutonic Order...

...Sweden, Denmark, Prussia, Austria, the Golden Horde, Sukothai, Huron Native Americans, Mayans, Mali, Songhai, Byzantium, Lithuania, Maldovia, Transylvania, Naples, Sciliy, Spain, France, Portugal, the Netherlands, the United States of America, Hungary, Bohemia, the Palastine...

"Your flawed logic is amusing. Use magic on an anti-magic field to remove the magic-resistance from the thing its protecting so that you can cast magic on it. Yup, sounds bloody brilliant, a real cracker that one."
-Tick Tock

"I'd rather risk a chance than chance a certainty."
-Tick Tock
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2011, 08:01:08 PM »

Abominable abomination of abominablishness
"I maken o sense"
View Profile
Radioactive_Toast

Just wait until you discover absolute monarchy USAs, Protestant Italy's in the 1500's, Japan inheriting Ming China, Irish South America, superpower Lithunanias, Scottish Great Britain, Giant Hungary's stretching all the way from Italy to central Asia, Papal States in Iceland, wars of succession of Ethiopia between the Byzantine Empire and Norway, Moroccan Brazil, North and South America BOTH under the control of Scotland, Germany united by Switzerland, etc.

Quote from: The Pink Panther Strikes Again
François: "Do you know what kind of bomb it was?"
Chief Inspector Clouseau: "The exploding kind.  Mark my words, François, sinister forces are at work."
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011, 08:04:17 PM »

Mage of the TabletPC
don_C3@hotmail.com View Profile WWW Email
Donnie

Meh Medieval 2 did that before  Gray Fox Wink.

Ahem.... all of the world controlled by Scotland *shifts eyes*

EDIT EDIT:

I've been playing Dissidia 012 and having a lot of fun SMASHING Bartz with Tifa or filling Golbez's armor with holes using Laguna's machine gun. My last battle had Tifa placing a hard boot into Kefka's face.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:05:49 PM by Donnie » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: