Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 135688 times)

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: April 10, 2012, 05:33:11 AM
Virmir, you're going to learn to hate all of your subjects. ;3

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #76 on: May 02, 2012, 06:06:31 PM
No way!  That was the politest game ever!

"Sir Virmir, if it pleases you..."

"Sir Virmir, please accept our offering..."

"Sir Virmir, please come down from your high and mighty throne and kill things for us..."

"Sir Virmir, please melt away the horrible snow with your mighty rays of sunshine (in perfectly square plots of land)..."

Next up is BATMAN on the NES. (The game where you PUNCH people and they EXPLODE.)

[fox] Virmir

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: May 02, 2012, 06:11:08 PM
:D  Then you'll put the soundtrack onto your streams SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

foxgamer01

• Solid Fox, Daren Crevan
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Allons-Y
    • View Profile
    • Foxgamer01 of DA
Reply #78 on: May 03, 2012, 07:42:00 PM
Well, I've been playing Super Mario 3D Land, Half-Life 2, Civilization 3, Mario Party 9, Minecraft, and, when I'm in an odd mood, Team Fortress 2. All of them entertaining, though Civ 3 I'm having a hard time adjusting to mainly because I'm still learning about the whole turn based strategy(I'm more of a real time strategy person). My dad's more of the turn based strategy type though we have the same basic strategy in order to dominate the world.  {;)

As of a note, the most underrated game I've ever played is Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends. While I admit it's not the best RTS game I've ever played, it's often overlooked over the AoE series and the StarCraft series. Get it if you enjoy RTS games. It got a nation based off of clockwork technology, a nation based off of Arabian fantasy, and a nation based off of the Aztecs/Mayan alien techomagic.

(19:14:28) Virmir: All of Foxgamer's pics are either super happy or BATTLE.
(19:14:53) Virmir: Except that one roo one.
--

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: May 06, 2012, 12:58:26 AM
Just Left 4 Dead 2 lately. Since there's not actual beating that, it's gonna take a while for it to burn out.

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #80 on: May 06, 2012, 02:55:32 AM
I've been playing Star Trek Online, since my brother told me to try it, now that it's free to play.

I'm...actually impressed.  I didn't expect to like it all that much, since I'm not much of a Star Trek fan, but the space combat is very well done.  I'd recommend it, if you're interested in a space combat sim.

My lack of knowledge in things Star Trek doesn't really seem to detract from my experience, either, so there's that.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #81 on: May 25, 2012, 06:13:59 PM
Keep forgetting to update, though I've mentioned it a few times in the chat.

Currently playing Zelda: Majora's Mask on the N64.  Really cool so far. [:)

[fox] Virmir

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: May 26, 2012, 12:05:35 AM
Playing Skyrim as a Khajiit using only MY FISTS! (And heavy gauntlets with the Iron Fist perk.)

I'm not sure what makes the set-up OP, the obscene damage (15 + Gauntlet Armor, which is 24 at the moment), me being under leveled (due to not actually using any weapons), the fact that fists trigger auto-kills on living humanoids every three seconds, or some combination of the three.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #83 on: August 10, 2012, 11:27:06 PM
Popped Bionic Commando in the NES the other day, and am getting into it for the first time [:) (got the cartridge several years ago, never really liked it much until I sat down and gave it an honest shot).

... This might be another candidate for a death montage video... [;)

[fox] Virmir

Selden

• View Profile
Reply #84 on: August 11, 2012, 10:57:02 AM
Remember to bring the 3-way cannon into area 7, or you won't be able to advance!  Though this FAQ says you can leave the level with A + B + Start if you get stuck because of that.

Tyla: Ty Ty ty Ty Ty Ty
Tyla: we need more tys
Selden: No, no, no. Then we'd need a tybreaker.
* Tvorsk snickers!
Tyla: ...
Tyla: that was...
Tvorsk: Tyla, the word you're looking for is "beautiful". {;)
Virmir: I need to hire Selden as an editor. [;)

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #85 on: August 11, 2012, 10:46:17 PM
Ooooooh... I had no idea you could leave levels like that... thanks!

I'm really getting into it now. It took a while to get used to the controls, but stuff is clicking and now I'm swinging around like crazy. He he he

[fox] Virmir

Shadow99611

• Hopeless artist
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Stop. Hammertime.
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: September 13, 2012, 02:46:38 AM
I noticed there aren't tons of Xbox names being thrown about here, so I'll put in my two cents worth.

I tend to stick to mainstream games (Halo, battlefield) Simply because i like them, and the multiplayer has vast multitudes of people to interact with.

I've been considering breaking out the old 64' and gamecube to play through the star fox series. I don't care what game you throw at me, I loved the series to death. Always have, always will.

But anyhow, Im currently attempting to get battlefield to actually WORK. But my experience on it has been one of great entertainment (it funny how many snipers don't expect to be sniped BACK). Since i use the recon class primarily, I basically find a dark corner with good visibility on common sniper vantage points and simply wait. Shadow the counter-sniper.

Sanity is for the weak.

LoCk

• eater of souls. devourer of worlds.
  • Pirate otter! >:V
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Reply #87 on: September 13, 2012, 01:51:27 PM
GUILD WARS 2
i play a fluffy Charr :3

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: September 13, 2012, 05:58:38 PM
I noticed there aren't tons of Xbox names being thrown about here, so I'll put in my two cents worth.

I tend to stick to mainstream games (Halo, battlefield) Simply because i like them, and the multiplayer has vast multitudes of people to interact with.

I've been considering breaking out the old 64' and gamecube to play through the star fox series. I don't care what game you throw at me, I loved the series to death. Always have, always will.

But anyhow, Im currently attempting to get battlefield to actually WORK. But my experience on it has been one of great entertainment (it funny how many snipers don't expect to be sniped BACK). Since i use the recon class primarily, I basically find a dark corner with good visibility on common sniper vantage points and simply wait. Shadow the counter-sniper.

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

Shadow99611

• Hopeless artist
  • Stop. Hammertime.
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: September 13, 2012, 06:38:46 PM
That just made my day.

Sanity is for the weak.