Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 134050 times)

Evilhumour

• The possessor of the almighty tail snap
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • hehe
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: June 29, 2011, 08:06:59 PM
Kingdom of Paradise....collecting everything is hard!

(07:46:59) Robak: watch the horns they are pointy
(22:04:28) Risu: omg, its raining antimuffins!
(00:42:42) * (Rage_plushie) doesn`t move. instead he ponders the secrets of the universe...and wonders why trask smells faintly of strawberries.
(00:36:36) Virmir: It's fattening celergy!

Anter

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 01, 2011, 04:08:39 AM
Borderlands has stolen my soul.

Oh how I love thee clap-trap... the interplanetary assassin.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #47 on: October 04, 2011, 09:06:50 PM
Wow, that only took four and a half months. [;)

Really, really impressed with Final Fantasy Tactics. Definitely give it a go if you come across it. As I said when I first started, I was never really into this sort of genre, but I really enjoyed it, especially after I figured out how things worked.

* Virmir stabs Donnie in the back after the credits roll, just for the heck of it.

Next up is Spyro 3 (Year of the Dragon) on the PS1!  The first Spyro was good, and the second was excellent. I played a little bit and it seems to hold up to the other two. [:)

[fox] Virmir

Kasimir

• Yet another toon-furry grey fox
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Dammit.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Reply #48 on: October 04, 2011, 10:01:17 PM
I'm rediscovering a classic favourite of mine - RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. I'm also rediscovering how much I still suck at it.

"Mission taken!" [:P

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 10:19:41 AM
Borderlands has stolen my soul.

Oh how I love thee clap-trap... the interplanetary assassin.

that's interplanetary ninja assassin to you!

Currently playing Fallout New Vegas again. Go, post-apocalyptic cowboys! Go forth for great justice!

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Aztetos

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Books are knowledge; Knowledge is power!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: October 08, 2011, 05:37:25 AM
I'm rediscovering a classic favourite of mine - RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. I'm also rediscovering how much I still suck at it.

Sorry to say but... compared to the first game RCT2 wasn't much fun, loved the first one, it was much better  [:P PLEASE DON'T KILL ME
*  Hides in fear for getting killed after have talked down on Risu's favorite game

Next up is Spyro 3 (Year of the Dragon) on the PS1!  The first Spyro was good, and the second was excellent. I played a little bit and it seems to hold up to the other two. [:)

I remember that one, used to play it quite a lot a couple of years back, it was fun  [:) I actually even manage to finish it all [:P

But I mostly play computer games. Right now I'm playing a lot of League of Legends, and switching it with World of Tanks. And sometimes I start up something else, like Sim City 4, some C&C game, Total War Empire, The Sims 2 or something like that  [:P And that is of course only when I aren't reading stuff ^^
*  Sneaks up a book from a hidden pocket
hehe [;)

I'm trying to raise a Dragon :D

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #51 on: October 08, 2011, 03:00:36 PM
I picked up the latest Humble Indie Bundle, with Frozen Synapse, Space Chem, Trauma, Trine, and Shadowgrounds.

Frozen Synapse is the titular one, but it has probably impressed me the least of all the titles.  It's a neat sort of concept, but it just didn't really draw me in like I'd hoped. 

I'm much more impressed by Trine and Shadowgrounds.  Shadowgrounds single player is pretty awesome (though the multiplayer is local-only, and feels pretty tacked-on and buggy).  It's still fun to team up and slaughter aliens, but the single player feels more like an actual game, where the multiplayer was spent mostly fighting with the controls.

Trine has pretty heavy system requirements (My computer runs it really slow, though Fayth's (much newer) computer runs it very smoothly even at high detail), but it has impressed me in both single and multiplayer modes.  It's a very different game when you have all 3 characters being played at once than when you're controlling all 3 at once.  In multiplayer, you have to use the ways your characters interact with each other to solve puzzles, where you literally switch between them in midair when playing by yourself.

So yeah, that's what I've been playing the past few days.

(Sorry for the rambling review)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: October 09, 2011, 08:43:32 PM
I've been playing Frozen synapse as well, the main deal there seems to be the multiplayer (which I played a game of, it was fun and me and me opponent had some amusing banter)

Humble Bundles are always worth a buy in my opinion, even if you didn't like what you got, your money went where you wanted it to (indie devs, charity, humble bundle dudes so that the future of humble bundles is secured, etc, etc.)

I haven't tried Trine or Shadowgrounds yet, just Frozen synapse and Jack Claw, the later of which doesn't run well at all on my computer, even on lowest graphics settings... ah well. I'll have to try out the rest of the bundle at some point.

Kasimir

• Yet another toon-furry grey fox
  • Dammit.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Reply #53 on: October 09, 2011, 08:57:24 PM

Sorry to say but... compared to the first game RCT2 wasn't much fun, loved the first one, it was much better  [:P PLEASE DON'T KILL ME
*  Hides in fear for getting killed after have talked down on Risu's favorite game

Meh, it isn't for everyone. In fact, it's become more of a design tool than a strategy game anymore. That said, I suck at it cos' I have no creative vision for that kinda stuff.

"Mission taken!" [:P

Aztetos

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Books are knowledge; Knowledge is power!
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: October 09, 2011, 10:20:16 PM

Sorry to say but... compared to the first game RCT2 wasn't much fun, loved the first one, it was much better  [:P PLEASE DON'T KILL ME

Meh, it isn't for everyone. In fact, it's become more of a design tool than a strategy game anymore. That said, I suck at it cos' I have no creative vision for that kinda stuff.

hmm, I guess that would explain why I sucked at it to when I played it...  [:)

I'm trying to raise a Dragon :D

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #55 on: October 10, 2011, 12:11:43 AM
I've been playing Frozen synapse as well, the main deal there seems to be the multiplayer (which I played a game of, it was fun and me and me opponent had some amusing banter)
That may be the problem, then.  I don't tend to enjoy playing games with random people on the internet, so I've been hesitant to try the mulitplayer.

I haven't tried Trine or Shadowgrounds yet, just Frozen synapse and Jack Claw, the later of which doesn't run well at all on my computer, even on lowest graphics settings... ah well. I'll have to try out the rest of the bundle at some point.

If Jack Claw doesn't run well, I suspect Trine won't, either.  Sadly.  Thenagain, I haven't tried Jack Claw, yet, so there's still (some) hope. Some unfinished games have higher minimum specs than released ones, so you could still at least try it.  Trine is fun, if it runs at decent FPS.

RC2 was the first of the Roller Coaster sims I ever played.  It was fun, for a while, but I got tired of the actual missions fairly quickly (too much of the same thing), and ended up using it only to make the most ridiculous/extreme/unsafe roller coasters I could. 

I haven't played any of the other entries in the Roller Coaster Tycoon series, probably because that one didn't have enough Replay value for me to even finish it.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: October 10, 2011, 08:44:14 AM
I've been playing a lot of World of Tanks lately, and judging by the chat I can make anybody play any free game just by mentioning it occasionally in chat.  ];)

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #57 on: November 16, 2011, 09:44:08 PM
I finished Spyro 3 last week. Yay! Really awesome game. I think I like it best out of the three. 2 had the best villain though. [;)

I then decided I haven't been playing enough NES lately, so played a round of Super Mario Bros. (died at the last level. Phooooey...), then some Tetris. [;)

Next up is Startropics on the NES. I heard this one was good, but wow! Been playing for a few days and this surprised me by how playable and fun it is. It's kind of Zelda-ish, but a bit more straight forward and action-y and less puzzle-ish (though there are some there too).

[fox] Virmir

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: November 25, 2011, 12:35:04 PM
I'm currently playing Divine Divinity! and it's a lot of fun,although I keep forgetting it isn't one of our wussy modern games that automatically saves for you now and then, and I just lost a big chunk of progress through a dungeon because of that! Oh well...

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #59 on: December 25, 2011, 02:32:13 PM
Beat Startropics a few days back. Really highly recommended. [:)

I've been playing Dark Cloud on the PS2 since. It's kind of... weird. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but it's interesting enough to keep me entertained for now.  Random dungeons are interesting in concept, but they seem to be pretty blandly implemented here, at least this early into the game. We'll see how it goes.

[fox] Virmir