Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 135818 times)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: July 28, 2013, 08:47:26 AM
I have 700 hours logged in Crusader Kings II.  And I just got the Old Gods DLC that let's me play pagans. Combine that with another (rather silly but fun) DLC that has a super hoard of Aztecs invading western Europe, I can now play as them and commit tons of human sacrifice myself

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: July 29, 2013, 12:41:23 AM
One of these games is not like the others. Spot it.

Borderlands? That's not a game I expected you to get into.  ]:O

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: July 29, 2013, 01:14:05 PM
Borderlands? That's not a game I expected you to get into.  ]:O

Not the first FPS game I ever played. {:P
But I was thinking of the fact that one of these games is MUCH older than the rest.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Zeo Fawx

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: September 21, 2013, 04:21:26 PM
I know a lot of people are doing GTA right now, but I'm going to the other side; I'm playing Saints Row

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #109 on: September 22, 2013, 01:40:51 AM
Which Saints Row?

Zeo Fawx

• View Profile
Reply #110 on: September 22, 2013, 11:53:38 AM
I'm playing 3, but I also have 4 already.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #111 on: October 05, 2013, 06:06:22 PM
Super Castlevania 4 on the SNES is next! I played a bit of this before, but never "seriously".

Starts off easy, but towards the end miiiight be another good death montage candidate. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: October 05, 2013, 07:20:32 PM
I recently picked up a Source engine mod called Firearms: Source. It's in alpha stage, but bugs aside it currently has some of the most dynamic and immersive weapons handling I've yet seen in a game. It needs polish, but it feels good, and runs great on Source SDK base 2007.

I've also gotten a start in Terraria, that has been quite the adventure so far.

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #113 on: October 07, 2013, 12:51:15 AM
Terraria update 1.2 overhauled a lot of the game, so I've been playing that in what little time I've been playing anything.

Snow

• View Profile
Reply #114 on: October 15, 2013, 11:32:22 AM
Lately, I've been playing "Mount & Blade: Warband", a medieval wargame. The single-player campaign is fun and involves being tricked into having your RPG turn into a wargame. "Hey, that bandit was mean! You should hire five peasants to help you go beat up his gang. And now that you're leading a bunch of guys, you should hire more and do some mercenary work..." Combat is action-oriented and has some neat parry-block-slash action and a variety of weapons and armor. I've only been playing multiplayer lately, which has a good siege-battle mode with 90+ people storming into and around a castle at once. I hear "Chivalry" is a good alternative, but wasn't crazy about the emphasis on gore and murdering peasants.

Also played a lot of "Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance", pretty much always as the Cybrans, for story reasons instead of actually being good with stealth. Didn't like online multiplayer though, because hyper-aggressive rushing seems to be the only viable strategy there and I prefer a more careful "turtle" approach.

Bought "Divinity: Dragon Commander" recently. It's interesting but clunky in several ways. Weird RTS mechanics, for one thing; you win or lose without actually destroying the enemy. I do like the concept that you're doing things on a strategic map that then set up RTS battles with various units in play.

I'd like to start up "Skyrim" again with a new, expanded civil war mod. Already have a neat hypothermia mod ("Frostfall") that really adds to the gameplay.

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #115 on: November 04, 2013, 08:00:55 PM
Been playing Pokemon GOLD, because I know how to solder in new batteries! Yaaaaaaay~!

[fox] Virmir

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: November 04, 2013, 10:39:30 PM
Been playing Pokemon GOLD, because I know how to solder in new batteries! Yaaaaaaay~!
Second gen forever!

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

Tanner

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: December 06, 2013, 01:38:47 PM
Ive been playing ocarina of time on the 3ds and starfox 64.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: December 06, 2013, 05:11:55 PM
Going to try my hand at Hawken or War Thunder on the side. But really, its League of Legends: Dominion alll theee tiiime as I tournament play.

InsertWittyUsernameHere

• Potato
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: December 06, 2013, 09:11:40 PM
I've been playing a lot of TF2, League of Legends and The Binding of Isaac, but Starbound just finally released so that will be a massive timesink.

Quote from: Doctor Who
And this is my Timey-Wimey detector. It dings when there's stuff. Also, it can boil an egg at thirty paces...whether you want it to or not.

-Tenth Doctor