Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 136296 times)

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
on: September 08, 2010, 01:47:36 PM
I usually play one console game for a month or two, beat it, then move on to another.  Also I'll usually have another PC game on the side I'll poke at. How about you? Let's hear it!

Currently playing:

Zelda 2 (NES)

Also on the side:

Minecraft
Earth Eternal (Or at least, hoping it comes back soon!)

Post what you're playing!  And come back and post again when you play something new. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Dragyn

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 03:24:34 PM
Currently Playing:  Way of the Samurai 3 (Xbox 360)

Weird game, but you keep your loot whenever you die/beat the game, so it's fun to kick around for a bit.

On the Side:  Shadow Wolf Debugging, and whatever random game my brother has this week.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 04:00:28 PM
Not much gaming at all... but when I actually am in mood for a game, I just look at my steam library and launch something. Most recently, "something" tends to be Sword of the Stars, in which I still suck. {;)
Outside of Steam, I also have installed and thus on the "hmm, what to play" list: Freespace SCP, Space Rangers 2, and... System Shock 1 in DOSbox.
There's actually a few games I have and never played yet, but I never feel up to installing one. {;)
* Tvorsk hides before Virmir pokes him to play some Good Games on (S)NES emulator... will do, will do, sooner or later!
And well... *sigh*... don't we all want EE back?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:05:47 PM by Tvorsk »

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 06:30:35 PM
Currently playing League of Legends, Dark Cloud, Team Fortress 2, Global Agenda, and Okami (100% Bead Run)

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

LoCk

• eater of souls. devourer of worlds.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Pirate otter! >:V
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 06:49:51 PM
ima playing battlefield bad company 2 and FFXI

and chrono trigger when ever my friend lets me borrow it again <.<

oh and live a live

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 08:41:30 PM
Mostly getting my tail kicked by the Megaman X Collection on the Gamecube... I grew (or would I still be growing up?  |:P) with easy, FPS games, and all of a sudden, there's platforming and tons and tons of projectile dodging! Tactics! Thinking!
This is all brand new stuff to me... >_>
And, of course, there's always time for Minecraft and Team Fortress 2 on the side!

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 03:42:09 PM
My roommate brought a bunch of N64 games and I will be taking advantage to play some stuff I've not had the chance to in a long while. Ocarina of Time... Majora's Mask... Banjo Kazooie... Yoshi Story... oh so many things...

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:22:03 PM
Beat Zelda 2 the other day. Yay! (Okay, I cheated a bit and broke out the old Nintendo Power "NES Atlas" for the Grand Palace. [;))

Next up is Live A Live for the SNES, which is an obscure RPG by Squaresoft that was never released in the US, so am playing a translation (thanks for reminding me I need to get back to this, LoC. [;))  I have a flash cart, which means I can play obscure fan-translated games like this on my real SNES.  Mwa ha ha ha... [;)

[fox] Virmir

LoCk

• eater of souls. devourer of worlds.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Pirate otter! >:V
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 05:52:55 PM
Beat Zelda 2 the other day. Yay! (Okay, I cheated a bit and broke out the old Nintendo Power "NES Atlas" for the Grand Palace. [;))

Next up is Live A Live for the SNES, which is an obscure RPG by Squaresoft that was never released in the US, so am playing a translation (thanks for reminding me I need to get back to this, LoC. [;))  I have a flash cart, which means I can play obscure fan-translated games like this on my real SNES.  Mwa ha ha ha... [;)

haha youre welcome, and youre lucky i just used an emulator on my pc and used a svido cord to stream it to my t.v.

im such a loser XP

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 07:48:27 PM
Heck no.  I did my fair share of that years ago. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Yllavyer

• That treefox above your head.
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 04:18:31 PM
I'm currently replaying Oblivion...for the third time hehe. {:)

(15:47:36) Niro: If you mixed it with real military you could make a big deception and cause some havoc
(15:48:44) Virmir: Unless of course the enemy reads about your inflatable weapons on the BBC... [;)

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 11:31:46 AM
Beat Live A Live the other day. All I can say is wow... definitely recommended for any classic RPG fans. [:)

I'm giving Chrono Cross for the PS1 another try.  I tried once five years ago, played a bit, but couldn't really get into it.

(Also, GRRRRR to playing a PS1 game for 30 minutes, then finding out you need to restart because your blasted memory card is full... [;))

[fox] Virmir

Fox Eternal

• Lord of the Darkness
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART!
Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 02:04:11 AM
Playin' Cold Fear on PS2(DAMN PARASITES!!!!AAAAAGH!THEY ARE EA-*falls*)
Fatal Frame 2 on the same console(Ghoooosts?Hello?...Empty village is so em- HOLY GRE-!!!)
And Postal 2 on PC...(Mhmhmmmmm...Ahahahahah!RAHAHAHAHAHAH Runnin' with shovel)

I'm a sergal! o-o

Pontos

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 05:38:30 PM
Beat Live A Live the other day. All I can say is wow... definitely recommended for any classic RPG fans. [:)

I'm giving Chrono Cross for the PS1 another try.  I tried once five years ago, played a bit, but couldn't really get into it.

(Also, GRRRRR to playing a PS1 game for 30 minutes, then finding out you need to restart because your blasted memory card is full... [;))
Yay Chrono Cross!

The game changes depending on some choices you make during your playthrough, and that is both minor story changes and different characters you get to meet and use.

There are both a "good" and "bad" endings. Make sure to have a save before going to fight the final boss, so in case you don't figure out of to get the good ending you can give it a try again :P
You can recognize the bad ending easily since it's just the credits rolling right after the final boss, leaving you wondering wth just happened.

Btw, unlike Chrono Trigger, there aren't 15 or so different endings achievable by doing different stuff during the game.
In this one, there many different "alternative endings" achieved in the "new game +" mode, where you can go and kill the final boss at any time during the story and thus triggering a different ending depending on your choices and how far in the story you're at the time.
They are all silly and amusing to watch, and certainly anything but canon :P
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 05:41:59 PM by Pontos »

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 08:23:06 PM
Yeah... I hate games with multiple endings, honestly.  I just want to play the blasted thing once, enjoy it, but be done with it 'cause I've got tons of other games to play too. [;)  I'll make sure to save an extra file though so I don't get the bad one.  Thanks!

[fox] Virmir