Author Topic: Epic Tales of Clashing Empires - Sign Ups, Chapter 1  (Read 36412 times)

Dragyn

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #45 on: October 09, 2010, 09:31:05 PM
Honestly, nobody used 2 katanas.  Some did use a katana as well as a Wakizashi, but it was often considered reckless and foolish, because you were trading actual control in favor of speed, though Musashi did pull it off famously well.

Before you complain, though, that all the anime characters use multiple large swords, I would like to point out that anime isn't exactly feasible.  I think Jenia's after a more realistic setting here, so at least try to do some research before saying something is more feasible if it really isn't.

(And yes, Jenia, I do still plan to make a character for this.  Just haven't had time, of late.)

TheTai

• Wandering Swordmaster of Skateboarding, Pancakes, and other Awesomness
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: October 09, 2010, 09:35:48 PM
There's a bunch of sword you can dual weild though:

2 short swords
2 kodachis
2 daggers
2 Carving knives
2 Steak knives
2 Machetes
ect... doesn't have to just be Japan-related

Jenia

• Soul Collector
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Don't try to understand a chimeric ethereal hydra.
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: October 10, 2010, 02:18:24 PM
Frankly, I don't care if you do like those anime people who use one katana in each hand plus another between their teeth... This is a fantasy setting, and any character who can pull the above off is simply assumed to have enormous strength, which is acceptable, as long as it follows the rules (see Ril'Trag as an example of this).

Wanna buy something? I sell pineapples, counsel, hugs and self esteem, usually for souls, but this is open for bargaining and haggling.

Or you could repay me with service. Got talent? I want it.
Don't be shy and beep me! The Jenia wants to research meet YOU!

Eritreus Dranajek

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: October 10, 2010, 04:16:34 PM
Ok seriously, kitsunes grow extra tials, its how thier magic gets stronger over time, the older they get, the more tails they get and the stronger their magical abilities are, as it is she is still in the fairly novice stage, she has decent control, stamina and enrucance in magical aspects but canot perfomr high end magic as well as older ones can. Its simply their magical genetics manifesting themselves if you want

As for the swords, i apologise it was not my intention to get on anyones bad side or seem overly self righteous or anything like that. Hows about i change the dual swords for a single good quality sword, like a Claymore? I am asking for help, not patronisation, i accpet help from others but will not accept people treating me like i am stupid or ignorant. I am not, only if you want realistic i wills tick to realistic and use my realistic combat style with the two handed claymore instad of the fancy fantasy dual sword style. In any case i was going to use the archery aspect of my character more than the swordsmanship aspect in the first place as im more comfortable with ranged combat than meelee.

Again i sincerely apologise for any misconceptions that have happened and do wish to work my charry over again, if you dont accept the reason for the tails its fine i shall simply make her a regular red fox anthro and that will be that, its not a powergameing or godmod thing, its simply a type of character i am very comfortable using as i ahve roleplayed kitsunes before.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:22:53 PM by Eritreus Dranajek »

Eritreus Dranajek

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 12:26:13 PM
Name: Sephiria Ambrose
Race: Lisk (eritrean clan)
Specialization(s): Psionics and soul - especially Pyrokinesis.
Weapon(s): Rangers bow, 8 throwing knives and a triple fold liskan steel claymore.
Alliance: Shadow Ranger guild.
Description: Sephiria stands tall at six foot two, all eritreans like her are taller than most other lisks. She has sky blue eyes with ong, black, fiery red tipped hair, a tribal pattern in her fur next to her left eye, a birthmark of her original clan that was decimated, also the other markings, that are not foten visible on ehr body as theyre covered by her clothing. She has a scar over her right eye from training. the eye is fine. She wears the usual black cloak over black rangers garb and light mithril chainmail and anthro travelling boots made with soft, silent soles, she often wears her hood up with a facemask on, only her sky blue yes visible at times under the hood. She wears archery gauntlets and has a large carcois full of the finest arrows anyone could craft.
Bio: Sephiria was orphaned at a young age and knows little about her past before being rescued by a squad of Shadow Rangers from attacking reptilians. She didnt see who had been attacking but heard their cries and whenever she ehars such a cry her memories of the dramatic attack come back, causing her to sometimes lose control over her powers for a short period. She has been trained in the arts of tracking, silent movement,knife throwing, archery, medicine, healing and Claymore sword combat by the Shadow Rangers, a close knit and secretive guild that few know anything about safe rumours of their existence. She's grown into a splendid ranger and now scours the lands to help others who have worthy causes accomplish them, from the shadows where she cannot be seen unless she so wishes to.

I have made the modifications needed to make this character no longer unorthodox in any way...at least i hope.

Xim

• The Dude Man
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Holy crap, it's a human!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: November 01, 2010, 02:51:28 PM
I'm gonna be lame and re-make a character I used in DAL. But I didn't get to use him enough so this guy will be more awesome. Also hardly any of you played DAL, so you won't notice. Hehe.

Name: Lagart
Race: Horned Zohal, Greenscale
Specializations: Physical Combat, Large bladed weapons
Weapons: Large Broadsword
Alliance: None currently
Description: Lagart is a greenscale zohal with two horns, yet one seems to have the tip broken off and a bandage wrapped around it (despite the fact it is unnecessary). He wears baggy brown and beige clothing, with some armour plating underneath. He is an extremely large individual, standing over eight feet tall. Intellectually he is not very smart, he has the intelligence of a young child compared to human standards. Here's a sketch of him.
Bio: He has been on his own since he was very young and has had to take care of himself for most of his life. Many people have found him rather intimidating due to his large size and seemingly primitive nature but when people spend more time around him they discover he is in fact very friendly and caring. Due to this he has found success in being a personal body guard for hire, usually for merchants who need protection on their ventures.

Jenia

• Soul Collector
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 01, 2010, 02:56:49 PM
You get special approval.

Wanna buy something? I sell pineapples, counsel, hugs and self esteem, usually for souls, but this is open for bargaining and haggling.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 01, 2010, 05:23:51 PM
reminds me... do zohal actually have horns? what about snout with pointy teeth? The appearance of my characters hasn't been changing much, but I keep having to fix what they hide and what they don't >.<

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Jenia

• Soul Collector
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 11:48:15 AM
Zohal horns are optional, and are usually (but not always) a sign of mixed heritage.
Zohals do not normally have a snout, but pointy teeth are the norm.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: November 03, 2010, 03:33:04 AM
Right, in that case my characters will not bother hiding the horns, but will continue to hide the wings. Not sure about the snouts though :/ This sounds like it could go either way...

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.