Author Topic: Islands of Infinity  (Read 39041 times)

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 10:25:09 PM
"Then our transaction is complete," stated the hare who with a swirl of dry wind turned into a hawk and flew away, careful to avoid the suddenly crowded street near the bar.

OOC: Jonas, the only person paying attention to Sennel is the barkeeper who asked nicely. I'll say you left anyway, but just keep in mind that most of the gamblers are completely ignoring you for now. They didn't even notice your thing with the 'earth quake' if it was as minor as you say. I should point out that none of them were suffering from bad luck, just Kyan. This situation came about because the dice he had been playing with started playing against him after all.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 10:51:11 PM
On his way back to his shop, Seigfried hears  a quite an altercation from the tavern a block away.  Suddenly, a black cat comes bolting down an alleyway he was walking past.  Feeling suspicious, he reacts quickly to snatch the cat up by the scruff (which should be easy enough if he's unlucky right now :P).  Holding it up he chills his hand a bit and asks in an equally cold voice,

"What have we here... care to explain the ruckus, little kitty, or should I just turn you in for disturbing the peace?"

((basically using a very partial transformation to induce an artificial "chill down one's spine"))

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 11:05:53 PM
OOC: Chills are kind of vague, not something you'd really be able to do. You can turn your hand to ice, but your affinity is precision which means it's more the angles and solidity you pick up than the temperature. There probably would be some temperature difference which might be enough to create an effect like that, but just letting you know as a 'keep in mind' sort of thing.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 01:10:20 AM
Looking out from his shadow William looks at little confused at the gruff confrontation going on, but just sighs. Barfights were common place, but he had hoped to at least get a good glass of ale and maybe a fly cake, not to mention see if his tipline had been wrung. For the moment however, he awaited in the shadow for the crowd to disperse, not wanting to reveal himself in the indignant lights for more than a few second.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 01:27:36 AM
OOC: Actually on a side note I should point out that whether or not someone gets grabbed has more to do with skill than luck. So whether you actually snatched Kyan is still up to Dragyn I think. As for William... that bar is closed for the evening but there's another one nearby if you want. Just keep in mind that the dispersing crowd is probably heading over that way as well. By the next time you post they should all be gone. Even the stoat will leave having lost his target.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 01:34:36 AM
Seeing the crowd dispurse William looked to the door to see Zeek the Bartender locking up. Whatever had caused the major bit of shoving must of caused some damage. He sighed, and shruged. He had hoped to get a quick spot of the bars good ale, but he can see not now. Ah well. There are other bars he thought as he stepped back into full shadow and shifting into feral bat form, flying twoard the other familiar stopping spot on the island. Landing quietly and reshifting to his own form behind a lamp, he tried his best to casually walk through the door, flipping a coin and a nod to the bartender as he headed for one of the darkest seats.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:56:35 AM by Kenku »

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 04:22:50 AM
Kyan finds himself caught, but slips free and stumbles to his feet as he stands back up and turns to face Siegfried.

"Heh.  Nah, just a misunderstanding.  Nothing illegal's been done here--not by me, anyway.  I was just a bit unlucky, but everybody's unlucky sometimes, right?"  Kyan grins widely, pushing his hat slightly to one side so it partially covers his yellow eye.

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 08:08:12 AM
"Hey! You there!" Sennel calls out as he runs up to Kyan. "You've got some explaining to do! I was really looking forward to reading that book and thanks to you I haven't got anywhere to do it!"

He takes a breath and notices Siegfried. "Oh, hi. Who're you?"

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 06:06:44 PM
Kyan looks at Sennel.  "It's not my fault that guy didn't trust me.  I promise I didn't weight the dice, or anything."

He turns to face Siegfried.  "Seems like nobody trusts me.  Doesn't this look like a face you can trust?"

Kyan grins lopsidedly, mismatched eyes shining.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:07:40 PM by Dragyn »

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 07:45:49 PM
*blinks*

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 10:02:00 PM
Seigfried crosses his arms across his chest and says,
"I can't say that you make a particularly good first impression."

He then turns to face Sennel, "I am Seigfried Fuchs, a clock maker, and a fine one if I may say so myself."  He holds out his hand to Sennel, "Pleased to make your acquaintance mister..."

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 10:21:33 AM
*shakes Siegfried's handpaw* "Sennel Wright, performer, at your service. " He turns to the black cat. "And I think this makes it your turn now."

((just grabbed performer off the top of my head. Don't really have an idea of what his profession is but it seems to fit in with his preference for flair))

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 01:15:54 PM
OOC: Well if you change your mind we can retroactively edit things if need be.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 05:37:31 PM
"Kyan Entierus, Street magician and occasional gambler.  I'm...uh...pleased to meet you?"

Kyan smiles, and bows an exaggerated bow.  "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm trying to skip town."

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 08:36:53 PM
A few moments after William setteled down, a waitress came over to his table with a "Blood Ale" and a Dragonfly cake. As slowly consumes them, he thinks about what was on the bulliten board as he came in. As usual there were criminals with bounties on their head, and calls for work for odd jobs, but nothing that fit his fancy. He sighed, as he guessed he would have to try another island for pay. As he thought there idily, he looked at his new bauble in curiosity. The Hare had mentioned when the job began that the ring had the ability to amplify his powers at a substancial level, all with a simple syphoning of Aura through it. Ever curious, he decided that a simple test of the ring could be done without much issue, and poured a small piece of his aura into the ring.

Suddenly, the light within the Inn dims, as if rogue darkmodes came in the door. The bartender and the other patrons look around a little confused, wondering what happened. William looks at his ring with a smile before going back and finishing his ale.

(OOC: to the curious, "Blood Ale" is sorta a made up drink of local ale and blood orange^^)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 11:26:21 PM by Kenku »