Author Topic: Condition Red RP thread  (Read 85754 times)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: July 25, 2010, 01:49:12 PM
Mannick walks out from the rock with his hands up as well, and walks over to whoever is in charge of the searching.
"All I've got is this gun, other than that I'm unarmed."

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: July 26, 2010, 06:10:57 PM
One soldier, a Sergeant judging by the patches on his uniform, walks over to you after you're done being searched and most of your equipment is taken.  He looks you over and says,

"Americans huh?  I have no idea how you ended up here, but you're sure lucky we showed up when we did.  If the Commie's didn't get you you probably would have froze to death, especially your ferret friend there.  We'll take you back to base and get you some warm drinks, then we'll talk about what you were doing in an abandoned mountain facility in the middle of winter."

He takes you over to a helicopter that just landed, helps you all climb in, and you take off, flying over the mountains.  You're taken to a military base a few miles northeast of the facility, all your stuff is returned to you, and you're left waiting in a lobby, with a coffee machine and a hot chocolate dispenser, while the Sergeant walks into an office to talk to someone.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: July 26, 2010, 06:18:17 PM
Jake grumbles after receiving his hot drink, wondering what he ever did to the gods to curse him with being surrounded by people who can't tell the difference between two distinct species. In less silly, ridiculous, and pointless news, he sipped the drink in content.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: July 27, 2010, 12:08:54 PM
"I am going to need my things back eventually, Sergent, though I understand your position. A warm drink sounds wonderful though."
Mannick walks over to Jake, after getting a cup of liquid warm of his own.
"Don't look so down, my parakeet friend! We're saved!"

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: July 27, 2010, 04:24:53 PM
Jake scowled at Mannick. "Sometimes I wonder if you people want me to go insane and strangle everybody who can't tell the difference between the letters A and B."

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: July 28, 2010, 02:45:19 AM
Cosmo smiled softly into his mug of hot chocolate which he cupped with both hands. The warmth was welcome though not really necessary for even without fur Cosmo was generally fairly well accustomed to the cold. He was doing his best not to dwell on how many people probably just died, which was easy considering how strange their situation was. There was a lot to occupy his mind in the meanwhile.

OOC: Judging from start point, accents, and direction and length of time travelled, about where are we? This is something Cosmo would have checked while flying and one of his random items (if not confiscated) is a small compass.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #156 on: August 01, 2010, 05:51:32 PM
After you've had time to sit for a while, the sergeant steps out of the office and says,
"Okay, the Colonel wants to talk to you.  Come on in."

Inside, several chairs have been set up facing a desk.  Behind the desk is a man probably in his mid 40's, his black hair, what little there is, showing just a bit of gray around the edges.  He's wearing a well-starched dress uniform, displaying a considerable collection of ribbons and medals.  A name plate on his desk reads "Col. J. Frost".   He acknowledges you as you enter and says,
"Welcome to Montana.  I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly where we are just yet, but rest assured you're safe here.  I'm Colonel Frost, the commanding officer of this base.  Now, how about you tell me what a bunch of civvies like you were doing out in front of a facility so secret that I still can't get clearance to know it exists?"

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: August 02, 2010, 12:04:03 AM
"Well..." began Cosmo, "I think the answer should be obvious. We were in that base because we aren't actually civilians. That research facility was devoted to various research into the nature of the universe. Before we continue though, may I ask what year it is?" Cosmo figured that should throw Frost for a bit of a loop. Call it a prejudice, but he had never been terribly fond of military folk (even ones who had just recently saved his life) and the more medals they had, the more wary he tended to be. You never knew how many of those medals were ceremonial after all.

As an afterthought Cosmo added, "And while you're at it, I'd like to know what Russians are doing in North America. I've never been good at international events and history, but I thought the Cold War was over."

OOC: Obviously Cosmo hasn't been paying attention as the Cold War was still going when they left. He thinks the Cold War was over when the Cuban Missle Crisis blew over. He was never good at history and current events even BEFORE he joined the facility and started devoting time to research instead of a social life.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:11:44 AM by Stormkit »

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: August 02, 2010, 06:49:03 PM
Jake thought for a moment, recalling everything he heard about the Cold War from the news and papers before starting work in the compound. "Cosmo, from what we've just seen I think we can assume that the Cold War is over, and either both countries agreed not to use nuclear weapons, or..." The otter swallowed his fear of the most likely possibility before saying it. "...Or they've already used them, and this area was spared. A giant mound of rocks isn't exactly a high-priority target, especially when the compound is so secret that they probably haven't told anybody of lower authority than the President and his cabinet of it's existence."

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #159 on: August 03, 2010, 11:19:20 PM
Colonel Frost looks at you with a half skeptical, half dumbfounded look on his face.
"Have you clowns been locked in there since the Gorbachev assassination or something?  Whether the Cold War is over may depend on your definition, but for your information this war has been anything but cold for the last decade!"

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: August 04, 2010, 04:06:29 AM
"Guess negotiations failed then," Cosmo stated, leaning his elbows on the desk in front of him an lacing his fingers together and leaning his chin on them giving Frost a very cool stare. "So I ask again... what year is it?"

OOC: If this were a movie this moment would totally have a zoom in on my face with dramatic music and a fade out to black afterwards. This is an epic moment, don't spoil it >.<

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #161 on: August 04, 2010, 04:34:35 PM
Colonel Frost leans forward and rests his elbows on the desk.  Steepling his fingers in front of his mouth, he says,

"2015."

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: August 04, 2010, 05:13:26 PM
Jake rolled his eyes at the overly dramatic display. "Well, nice to know we didn't go too far into the future. I assume that we don't have hover cars and jet packs yet?"

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: August 05, 2010, 12:58:22 AM
OOC: Shush you Geary, drama is cool! Even if the Colonel was making fun of me ^.^

Cosmo leaned back in the chair again and replied, "Well Jake it seems almost twenty five years have passed while we were in there, I wouldn't be surprised if they had jet packs by now. Hover cars maybe not, luxury tech is never a priority during wars."

Turning back to the Colonel he finished, "Anyway, there you have it. We are time travelers from the past so we really have no idea what's been going on for the past two decades. Don't know why the research facility was abandoned, don't know how the Russians got here, and I don't know what we're going to do here, but that facility is top secret (assuming anyone even remembers the secret) because of the high nature of research we were doing."

OOC: DV... Cold War ended in 1991, but this RP started in 1992. Soviet Union collapsed a year before the story started. How is it even possible for this war to be taking place? Gorbechev was popular, but not enough so that his assasination AFTER the union collapsed would cause them to pull themselves together and declare war.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: August 05, 2010, 05:29:46 AM
(( Who said that in this timeline it ended in 1991? ))

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?