Author Topic: Condition Red RP thread  (Read 84765 times)

AlexShrub

• Neutral-Good Congressman
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Only 23 people have died, and many desrved it.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Reply #30 on: April 11, 2010, 05:31:51 PM
"First to aid, last to die" Andrew says, waking up and reaching for the medkit.

Now crime only goes up if you don't turn the graph upside-down. Turn it upside-down, and it has halved. Halved! Under me, Alex Shrub.

Vote Shrub! You'll get richer, and won't feel guilty about it!

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 07:40:59 PM
Jake nodded to the professor, not understanding a word he said. "Alright then professor, would you care to lead the way? You are, after all, the smartest man in the compound, and as such you must know the fastest route to the back-up generator.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 11, 2010, 07:42:04 PM
Orr..... maybe he was. Cosmo resisted the urge to facepalm as he considered the professor's words. It look a bit of extra time to translate the heavily accented words to english, but he quickly got the gist of it. "Through time? Can't be backwards or there wouldn't be an empty room here, so I guess we went forwards. Huh, I wonder if future technology will be able to get us back to our time," he pondered as he absentmindedly stared at the paper in his hands. "I agree. Those of us not injured should take a look around and see what we can find."

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 01:04:00 AM
"Ah, first aid. That sounds very nice right now." "Say, can one of you throw me some bandages and a flash light?" DJ then looked around to see where his Assault Rifle went; luckily it was still strapped onto his back. He looked over to the dim light that Cosmo was making. "Hey Cosmo, since I spent most of my teen aged life going to the movie theater. I know for a fact that anything that involves time travel to the future usually has some sort of radioactive-zombie-monster-post WWIII-stuff going on, so I'll lend you my Rifle seeings how I won't be moving for a while." With that DJ then took his gun and chucked it at the dim light where most of the people who where still alive were.

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 09:08:10 PM
DJ's gun clatters on the floor next to Cosmo.   
The first aid kit contains:
    *1 fl oz. isopropyl alcohol (about 30mL)
    * 2 absorbent compress dressings (5 x 9 inches)
    * 25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
    * 1 roll of adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
    * 5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
    * 5 antiseptic wipe packets
    * 8 packets of aspirin (81 mg each)
    * 1 blanket (space blanket)
    * 1 breathing barrier (with one-way valve)
    * 1 instant cold compress
    * 2 pair of nonlatex gloves (size: large)
    * 2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each)
    * Scissors
    * 1 roller bandage (3 inches wide)
    * 1 roller bandage (4 inches wide)
    * 5 sterile gauze pads (3 x 3 inches)
    * 5 sterile gauze pads (4 x 4 inches)
    * Oral thermometer (non-mercury/nonglass)
    * 2 triangular bandages
    * Tweezers
    * First aid instruction booklet

This is probably more than enough to treat everybody's injuries.

The Professor nods and says,
"Zee backup generator for zeez zektor should be two floorz down.  Zee elevator eez out, zo ve must take zee ztairs."
He takes one of the flashlights and goes over to the door, shining it on a black and yellow striped handle labeled "Emergency Manual Release".  He pulls the handle, and you can hear a clanking sound as the door's motor disengages, allowing it to be opened by hand.
((Keep in mind that right now the entire facility is very dark.  You are unlikely to find anything unless you look for it, and you have a flashlight.))

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 08:04:53 PM
"Hmm..." said Cosmo looking over the interior of the first aid kit. "I think some of this might be useful later. Let me know if there's anything left after you guys finish treating each other okay? Meanwhile I will look around for the generator along with anyone who wants to join me." With a nod towards the soldier that probably wasn't very visable, Cosmo bent down and picked up the rifle before opening the door and walking down the hallway and turning left. From the extra light and movement behind him he could tell that at least the engineer and the professor had followed him out. After another turn he got to an elevator, pushed the 'down' button, and started to wait for it to arrive. A moment later Jake caught up and after a brief pause, cleared his throat. "Are you sure the elevator works when the power's out?" He paused to let that sit for a moment as he moved his flashlight off to the side to point at a door. "I think the staircase is over here," Jake continued, moving the open the door and descend two floors to where the generator should be. "Right...." Cosmo trailed off weakly, glad that in the darkness no one could see his heavy blush as he followed the otter down the stairs. In short order their party arrived at the generator and started looking around to see if they could figure out how to get it running.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 04:03:06 PM
Jake examined the generator thoroughly. "Hm... It seems to be in working condition, but a few parts seem to be missing. It should only take a minute to figure out what they are, then we can go back and get my toolbox or go to the supply room."

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 08:55:14 PM
As you go through the dark hallways, you notice thick dust everywhere.  All the hallways look eerily similar, with doors lining both sides.  The stairwell is at one end of the hallways, presumably the elevator is on the other.  There are signs near the stairwell on each floor that say,

Sign 1:
Floor B5--
Room B501--Storage
Room B502--Time/Space experiments
Room B503--Multipurpose lab 04
Room B504--L**** *e**o** *u* *5
... the rest of the sign is unreadable, maybe if you could find something to clean it off?

Sign 2:
Floor B6--
Room B601--Local Network Hub B6
Room B602--Data Processing Center
Room B603--Air Filtration Hub 2
Room B604--Synthetic Materials Lab
Room B605--Janitor's Closet
Room B606--Reactor 1 Control Room

Sign 3:
Floor B7--
Room B701--Surveillance station 1
Room B702--Waste Disposal Facility 2
Room B703--Water Purification Facility 2
Room B704--Emergency Generator
Room B705--Medical Bay 1
Room B706--Local Network Hub B7

The generator certainly looks old, and appears to be gasoline-powered.  The machinery seems to be fine, but the rubber drive belts are horribly corroded.  Or at least, you figure that there were drive belts there at one point.  The room is well-ventilated, and fairly plain.  It's obvious that it was built specifically to house the generator, and nothing else.  Oh, and there's a rather large picture of Ronald Reagan on the wall.  Wait, what's that doing there?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 04:40:38 PM
"Wait, what's that doing there?" Jake stated, indicating to the picture on the wall. Jake began thinking of movie cliches, then told his acquaintance, "Hmm, maybe somebody put treasure under it? Meh, either way, we can't be bothered to lug around junk when we have no idea where- or when rather- we are."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 12:57:37 AM
"Well it looks like it needs new parts. Think they'd be in one of the rooms? I think I saw some signs back at the staircase," Cosmo said thoughtfully before heading back to inspect the signs. As he read the various signs he started muttering to himself, "Network Hub... that'll be worth a look when we get the generator working. Heh, a janitor closet? Seems so out of place among the rest of this.... Synthetic Materials Lab... now that looks promising..... Maybe we'll find something in storage? Hmm... I wonder what the rest of this sign says." Frowning to himself, Cosmo tried to rub off the dirt with a finger to little avail. Then, remembering the janitor's closet, he headed to the sixth floor to see if he could get some cleaning materials to make the sign more legible.

OOC: Please assume Cosmo goes as far in this task as he is able. It's just silly making an entire post to say he goes to the janitor's room to see what's there, and then another one to come back and clean off the sign.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

AlexShrub

• Neutral-Good Congressman
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Only 23 people have died, and many desrved it.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 04:38:20 AM
"I'm gonna go along with Cosmo for a bit, I see a Medical bay on the seventh floor and I might be able to find some supplies to carry down." Andrew proceeded to follow him, pausing at the sign to try and wipe a bit of dirt off with his handkerchief, failing in the process. "Oh well." He paused to look at Sign 3. "Might as well get some water to bring back and see if I can get the emergency generator running as well." Andrew then walked off down the hallway after Cosmo.

Now crime only goes up if you don't turn the graph upside-down. Turn it upside-down, and it has halved. Halved! Under me, Alex Shrub.

Vote Shrub! You'll get richer, and won't feel guilty about it!

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 24, 2010, 07:53:37 PM
     Cosmo finds a bottle of Clean-All(tm) all-purpose cleaner and a rag.  With it he is able to uncover the following portion of the sign:

Room B504--Local Network Hub B5
Room B505--Self-contained Stasis Chamber
Room B506--Chemical Storage

The Janitor's closet also contained a bottle of Ammonia, a bottle of Bleach, two brooms, a mop, and two buckets.
     The Synthetic Materials Lab is quite locked.  There's no emergency release on this side, it seems that those are designed to let people out, not in.  If you got the power on and had a keycard with the right clearance you could get in though.  
     The Water Purification Facility requires power to run.  Once local power is restored it will pipe water to water fountains, sinks, faucets, bathrooms and such throughout this sector.
     The picture of Ronald Reagan continues to look out of place.  He's looking off to the right, and he seems to be looking at a spot on the wall where a good deal of dust has settled onto some unusual scratches.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 01:24:21 PM by Digital Vulpine »

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 24, 2010, 09:31:13 PM
Still perplexed by the picture, Jake noticed it appeared to be looking at a specific spot on the wall. "Whait a minute..." Jake observed the scratch marks. "No animal in the facility could do this, be they feral or hybrid. So what did?"

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 06:19:57 PM
Looking closely at the scratch marks they seem to resemble writing.  You wipe the dust away and find the word "Berlin" has been scratched into the wall.  Curiouser and curiouser.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 30, 2010, 02:16:06 AM
"Ooo! Network hub! I'll have to check that after we get the power running again," Cosmo said to no one in particular as he read the sign. However there was no new revealed information that would help with the generator so he headed over to the synthetic materials lab to see if he could manage something like rubber belts for the generator, however he found the doors quite locked and requiring power to get in at all. It seems almost nothing could be done around here without power.

Cosmo decided that perhaps a better first order of business might be to figure out what DID work and what rooms he could get into at all, so started down the first hallway trying the various doors to look everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:01:28 PM by Stormkit »

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.