Author Topic: Condition Red RP thread  (Read 89038 times)

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: May 31, 2010, 01:16:55 AM
OOC: The hinges maybe, but the screws themselves are not accessible unless the door is already open. Unless you mean the ones on the knob.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: May 31, 2010, 01:15:39 PM
((Using my own closet door as a reference, the screws to the hinges are inside the frame, so no matter which way the door opens they are not exposed while the door is closed.  The hinges themselves, however, are exposed, as any closet door necessarily opens to the outside.  So, with a hammer and chisel [or a flat-head screwdriver] it would be possible to pop the pins out, separating the two halves of each hinge.  Alternatively, you could disassemble or destroy the handle, which would take the locking mechanism with it.))

Jake is unable to unscrew the hinges, because if he could access the screws that would mean the door was already open, and then he'd have no reason to unscrew them.  He'll have to look for another way to open the door.  The actual hinges are exposed, held together by simple pins, and the handle itself seems to have been installed with the screws facing outward.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: May 31, 2010, 02:24:06 PM
Jake scowled at his temporary incompetence. The otter opened up his tool kit, rummaged around while muttering under his breath, and stood back up, a hammer in hand. Jake made several forceful swings at the handle, not wanting to bother with taking it apart at the moment.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #93 on: June 04, 2010, 08:53:14 PM
Hammering out the helpless handle, you beat back the broken barrier to discover a considerable collection of confiscated contraband.  After everyone searches for about an hour you discover two Reactor Technician's ID cards and $7 in change. 

You're starting to feel a bit hungry.  Considering that this facility is out in the middle of the Rocky Mountains, you probably won't find any food for a while.  Fortunately, this facility is also designed to survive a nuclear war, so there should be a large stash of MREs around here somewhere.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: June 05, 2010, 02:21:26 AM
Curiosity struck Cosmo when he found the seven dollars. Pulling out a bit of money from his own wallet, he examined the universe's versions of money compared to his own, were they different at all? After reaching a conclusion he put his money back in his wallet leaving the $7 for the otter since he had his own money. He then turned his attention to the next orders of business, food and power. Well first thing was first, Cosmo was going to start up that reactor. This wouldn't be the first time Cosmo had shorted himself of food and indeed he was actually somewhat used to it by now. So taking one of the ID cards, he headed to where the C-block reactor room was located on the map to start up the reactor. After he did that he'd move on to the task of locating food.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #95 on: June 05, 2010, 06:07:47 PM
((Due to unfortunate circumstances Condition Red is on hiatus for the next three months or so.  If continuing after this time period has passed does not seem feasible, Condition Red may be rebooted if there is sufficient interest.  Don't expect everything to be in the same place if that happens though.  {;) ))

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: June 05, 2010, 10:22:49 PM
Well frik. I was having fun with this thing too... Guess I'm back down to only two active forum RPs...

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #97 on: June 14, 2010, 01:26:44 PM
((And we're back!  Ain't we lucky?))

The money seems to all be pocket change, a bunch of coins, none higher in value than  a quarter.  However, it is still the same currency.   The paper money is probably out of date, since it changes more frequently, but any coins you have are still good, despite technically being out of circulation by now.

In the reactor room you look for instructions on how to start the reactor.  Fortunately, you find them posted between two computer terminals.  The instructions read as follows:

1: Insert security key and turn 90 degrees counter-clockwise.  Leave the key in that position.
2: Insert key cards into terminals A and B at the same time.
3: Turn the red knob 45 degrees clockwise to the first mark.
4: Slide the yellow handle into the "down" position.
5: Turn the red knob to the second mark.
6: Push the green button labeled "start".

There is a small key hanging from a nail in the sign.  Looks like you have everything you need to start.  Unfortunately, you discover that the terminals are too far apart to reach both of them.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: June 16, 2010, 02:17:01 AM
Well drat. Cosmo ran back out of the room looking for that darned weasel. "Jake! I need your help with something! " He might be able to finangle something to push both cards in at once, but he left the other card with Jake! Where HAD that ferret gotten off to?

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: June 16, 2010, 01:22:42 PM
Jake grumbled as he finished re-packing his equipment back into the case, having had to move several things to reach the hammer. Grabbing the ID card Cosmo left, possibly due to brain lapse, the otter made his way over to where Cosmo's voice was coming from. "What is it? Need another plywood door opened?"

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #100 on: June 18, 2010, 07:05:10 PM
If you're waiting for a narrative post, neither of you has initiated an action yet, beyond talking to each other.  In the future, take note that this post is unnecessary, except to remind you that it is unnecessary.  Carry on.

Some time passes.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: June 19, 2010, 11:11:37 AM
OOC: No I got that, it just took me a while to get around to this ^.^;

Cosmo stopped in front of Jake, panting slightly. Running with all this crap in his pockets wasn't all that easy. "Something like that," he said. "I need to start up the reactor and it needs two cards and two people to do it." Walking back he showed Geary Jake what they needed to do.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:44:13 AM by Stormkit »

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: June 19, 2010, 12:11:22 PM
Jake listened to Cosmo, memorizing what he'd have to do and when he'd have to do it. "Okay, got it. Just answer me one question: Why are you panting? You don't look like you got the morphing treatment."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: June 19, 2010, 07:51:36 PM
"Because I'm out of breath! Everyone pants when they're out of breath." Cosmo replied. It was true actually and he hadn't done the treatment on himself enough for that to be the cause. "Anyway let's get this started." Cosmo went over to one side and started up the process.

OOC: He's not trying to actively hide it, he just feels that it's really not the thing you TALK about, kind of like person information. It's the same reason he wouldn't say anything about his sexual preference or his tattoo. When it becomes important he'll bring it up. Until then maybe you can try asking again if he starts using his claws :p

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #104 on: June 19, 2010, 10:27:00 PM
You successfully activate the reactor.  The lights get brighter and you can almost hear the entire facility humming to life.  Shortly, however, the sound is interrupted by the grumbling of your own bellies.  Best to see about getting some rations before setting off into the mountain wilderness.