Author Topic: Condition Red RP thread  (Read 88052 times)

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: May 19, 2010, 05:18:36 PM
Well that was certainly a disappointment. Cosmo logged off and considered where he might be able to find what he was looking for. It stood to reason that the most likely place for someone to leave an ID relavent to the reactor was in the reactor control room, so Cosmo turned out the hall, took the elevator (successfully this time) and entered the reactor control room to see what he could find.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: May 20, 2010, 05:34:35 PM
There are two computer terminals in the Reactor Control room, as well as a panel with an array of switches, knobs, and buttons.  The place was left in disarray, there's a desk with a stack of papers on it, and one of the computer terminals has a note taped to it.  It says,

"Senior Technician Roberts,
The laundry crew in C502 reported finding wrappers, paperclips, and other miscellaneous items in the pockets of your department's uniforms.  This is unacceptable; foreign objects such as that can fall into the washing machine's mechanisms and damage them, costing this facility hundreds in repair bills.  Please instruct your technicians to thoroughly empty their pockets before turning in their uniforms for cleaning.  You can retrieve the items found thus far at the Reclamation Office, C705, but I've ordered the laundry crew to confiscate further violations.  In addition, the $73 in cash we have recovered in this manner has been withheld as a fine.  Honestly, one of these days one of you guys will leave your ID card in there, and we'll all be in trouble then won't we?
--Charles Dreyfus, Chief Inspector"

Jake wakes up from his nap, feeling refreshed.  He gets the vague impression that his HP and MP would be restored, if he had them.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: May 20, 2010, 07:20:32 PM
Jake yawned from his nap. The otter stood up and stretched his limbs, retrieved his apron, and began wondering what all happened while he was asleep. Before Jake could think of anything else to do, he got the thought to rummage through his roommate's stuff. He's not here, he won't miss any of that junk.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: May 21, 2010, 02:52:12 AM
Well... that made his next step fairly apparent. Now if only he knew how to get to C705 or C502... Looks like the situation called for a map! A good memory would probably work also, but Cosmo was notorious for forgetting directions from one location to another unless he used them recently or frequently. As the C block constituted of neither of these, Cosmo opted to go back to the computer room, log in and open the map function to see if he could find a way to the necessary rooms.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #79 on: May 23, 2010, 09:18:39 PM
The map operates in a manner similar to the RATS, except the rooms are labeled by name as well as number, and it has a function that allows you to get directions from one room to another.  It seems that every fourth floor has a junction that allows you to access the other sectors, and the first floor is not even divided into sectors, so all four can be accessed from there as well.  The elevators in B and C sectors work since the power's on there, but why does sector C even have power...

Apparently Jake's roommate was meticulously tidy, and made sure to pick up all his stuff before leaving the facility.  However, under his own pillow he managed to find a 9mm handgun, with a spare 12-round magazine.  He doesn't really have anywhere handy to keep it though, other than his tool belt.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: May 23, 2010, 11:05:35 PM
All right! With directions in hand (or in mind really) Cosmo went over to the claims room to look for a left behind badge. After checking there, he would then visit the laundry room. However just before leaving (and logging out) he checked over the map for other important looking rooms like the C block reactor, generator, or network hub area. He would have to look around given the chance to see if anything was important.

OOC: Just assume I go to them in order unless there's something blocking the elevators and hallways, etc.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #81 on: May 27, 2010, 08:48:05 PM
In the Reclamation Office you find; 3 sticks of gum (empty wrappers were tossed out), 7 paperclips, 1 pocket calculator, 1 lunch box (thankfully empty), 1 Merriam-Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, 2 baseball caps, 1 bottle of soda (quite flat), 12 marbles, 4 6-sided dice, a deck of cards, a razor (for shaving), a screwdriver, and a copy of the Federalist Papers.  Unfortunately, you don't find an ID card.

Sector C does have its own reactor, Reactor 3, which is inactive.  It seems that the Backup Generator in Sector C was activated 45 minutes ago.  Interesting.  There is one network hub on every floor, for convenience and accessibility.  Each sector has its own Air Filtration and Water Purification facilities.  Sector C seems to mostly be utility stuff though, the Cafeteria, Laundry Room, Incinerator, stuff like that.

In the laundry room there is quite a bit of laundry.  Some clean, some dirty.  There are also several washing machines and dryers.  Some are closed, some are open.  There is also a locked closet.  The door looks like it could be broken with the proper tools.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: May 27, 2010, 09:04:16 PM
Jake sighed and picked up the handgun he found. "Dang it. Always hated these things..." Jake removed the clip and placed  the gun and ammo in opposite sides of his belt, so as to have easy access to both of them if he ever needs them. Jake strapped on his tool kit a brought along his spare tool box, seeing as the first was lost in the 'incident'. Jake made his way towards his scientist friend, finding the scent trail easy to follow, regardless of his non-canine species.

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: May 27, 2010, 09:08:23 PM
Well Cosmo decided to keep the gum, marbles, dice, and calculator. He already had a swiss tool with a screwdriver and a deck of cards, and the rest of it was either uninteresting or unwieldy. As for the laundry room... well Cosmo always kept a small lockpick set handy in one... of... Cosmo started fumbling around his different pockets before managing to find what he was looking for in an inner labcoat pocket. He then set to work trying to open the door.

Dice Rolls
  • May 27, 2010, 09:08:23 PM: Roll for lockpicking!
    1d20 => 1d20 [2] (2) = 2
Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #84 on: May 30, 2010, 04:46:55 PM
While attempting to pick the lock, a 20-sided die fell out of one of Cosmo's pockets.  It came to rest on the floor with "2" facing up.  While this technically would have no effect on his ability to pick locks, the noise distracted him and caused him to drop the torsion wrench.  This might take longer than he thought.  For now, he picks up the wrench and keeps trying.

Jake, who presumably started walking at the same time Cosmo left the Reclamation Office, arrives after Cosmo has been trying to get through the lock for 15 minutes.  It's a simple door, probably made of medium-density fiberboard or plywood, and painted. 

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: May 30, 2010, 05:36:10 PM
Jake observed the door silently before speaking up. "Coz, why are you trying to pick the lock to a plywood door? Those things break if you sneeze on them."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: May 30, 2010, 06:23:59 PM
OOC: Hehe, for the record though, I don't actually have any dice aside from the three I just picked up.

"Well you see... I want to know what's on the other side and I don't like breaking stuff." Cosmo said, blushing a little as he tried to cover his oversight. Really, it was things like this that gave him the nickname he had, 'brilliant as the stars, but mind oh so far away.' "I've been at this for a bit though so if you want to just break it down, go ahead."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 06:29:08 PM by Stormkit »

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: May 30, 2010, 06:45:33 PM
"Hold the door." Jake reached into his tool belt and pulled out a screwdriver, spun it around in his hand, and made short work of the screws on the hinges. "Brute force isn't my thing, and taking things apart is much more fun." Jake grabbed the edge of the door and eased it to the ground.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: May 31, 2010, 12:11:02 AM
OOC: Actually the screws holding the hinges of a door in are on the inseam, not accessible when the door is closed. It would be far more effective to pop the pins out. This is of course assuming the hinges are on the right side of the door.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: May 31, 2010, 01:02:48 AM
OOC: We're assuming these doors weren't made for security, considering they're made of plywood, so the screws could be facing out.