Author Topic: Condition Red RP thread  (Read 84770 times)

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 06:00:59 PM
     You explore the three floors that you've been through so far, and discover that the doors on all the stairwells, storage rooms, janitor's closets, and, conveniently, the backup generator room, are ordinary doors with ordinary handles that can be opened easily.  The doors to more important places like the labs are mechanical doors driven by electric motors.  The time/space lab, of course, has already been opened from the inside.

In the storage room, you find a box full of rubber drive belts!  Unfortunately they've been exposed to the atmosphere for far too long, and crumble when you pick them up.  There are quite a few other cardboard boxes in the storage room, containing things like nails, first-aid kits, batteries (mostly expired), light bulbs, paper, and other random stuff.  It would take a long time to search through all of this. 

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 02, 2010, 08:50:07 PM
So close! If Cosmo weren't an athiest, he'd be convinced that god did that on purpose to spite him. But nonetheless, it was clear that continuing to search through the storage room would be pointless as even if he did find more belts they would probably be just as fragile as the first.

Returning to the generator room to report his findings, Cosmo's eye was caught once more by the obnoxious out of place painting. His eye twitched visibly, and under his headband, his ear did so as well. Such a painting really had NO business being in the generator room and was just out of place and somehow it being there on top of getting flung through time just broke Cosmo's last straw of temper. So instead of telling the mechanic about his (lack of) progress, he grasped the painting by the edges, turned around and brought it to storage where he set it down again. Then since there was really nothing better to do he started to open random boxes on the off chance of finding anything useful.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #47 on: May 02, 2010, 09:35:08 PM
Where the painting once was, you see a large safe in the wall.  A small LCD screen glows a faint bluish green, and there's a small keyboard underneath it, which contains only letters.  You can only assume that it's powered by an atomic battery.  From the looks of it there's enough room on the screen for six letters.

As Cosmo storms up and down the hallway he can almost hear a faint, deep chuckle, as if some invisible entity was mildly amused by his predicament.  He dismisses it as his imagination though.

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 04, 2010, 08:51:49 PM
Jake walked over to the LCD screen. "Hmm... If only I knew the combo... might as well guess... let's see, there's enough room for six letters... A-L-B-I-N-O," Jake said, typing as he spelled out the first six-letter word that came to mind. Granted, it was an easy one, he had been ridiculed for it throughout his life, he better darn well know the word by heart.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 09:20:41 PM
     The screen flashes red, Jake hears a buzzing sound, and the letters are blanked out.  The safe remains locked.  After continuing to flash red for a few seconds, it returns to its normal blue-green glow, patiently awaiting the password. 

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: May 05, 2010, 04:49:39 PM
Jake giggled to himself, knowing the password wouldn't work, but silently hoping it would. "Well, let's see..." Jake tried two more passwords, this time being 'RONALD' and 'REAGAN'.

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 05, 2010, 06:09:49 PM
The first password is rejected, just as before.  The second... yeah it was wrong too.  Figures, that would have just been too easy.  The flashing red light taunts Jake's inability to find the password.  Fortunately, it seems to be content to let you keep trying.  This would be a whole lot easier if he could just tear down this wall. 

Desmond and Andrew continue to stand there and watch Jake mess with the safe.  They've been awfully quiet. 

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: May 05, 2010, 06:16:18 PM
Jake sighed. "Well, so much for that. Might as well see what we can actually get open in this darn facility." Jake walked out of the room, paying no further heed to the LCD screen behind him.

AlexShrub

• Neutral-Good Congressman
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Only 23 people have died, and many desrved it.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Reply #53 on: May 05, 2010, 06:23:41 PM
Andrew spoke up with an idea,"Ya know, if we somehow cut connection to the battery, would that disengage the lock? Or would it just block us from any attempt at opening it?
If that fails, how about trying to find a way to pry it open? There's gotta be some gadget around here that could be used to pull off the door."

As the others thought about this, Andrew proceeded to type 'Shepherd' into the pad, only realizing after the act that the two extra letters would either not appear or boot the first two off the screen.

Now crime only goes up if you don't turn the graph upside-down. Turn it upside-down, and it has halved. Halved! Under me, Alex Shrub.

Vote Shrub! You'll get richer, and won't feel guilty about it!

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #54 on: May 06, 2010, 04:17:46 PM
The panel flashes red yet again.  Apparently "Shephe" is not the password.  Whatever is in that safe must be important, but what could the password be?  Maybe there are some clues lying around. 

You can't see the battery anywhere, it must be inside the safe too.  It doesn't look like it could be pried open, either.  If you can't figure out the password you'd probably need explosives or a cutting torch to get it open.

AlexShrub

• Neutral-Good Congressman
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Only 23 people have died, and many desrved it.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
Reply #55 on: May 06, 2010, 05:58:21 PM
(irrelevant to real RPing) *chk chk* *FWOOSH!* "Where there's an imagination, there's a way."
Andrew saidas he proceeded to blowtorch the safe open.

Now crime only goes up if you don't turn the graph upside-down. Turn it upside-down, and it has halved. Halved! Under me, Alex Shrub.

Vote Shrub! You'll get richer, and won't feel guilty about it!

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: May 07, 2010, 04:10:15 PM
While walking away from the pad, Jake had an epiphany, and rushed back before entering in the most likely password. "B-E-R-L-I-N!"

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #57 on: May 07, 2010, 04:27:42 PM
The light blinks bright green for a second, then goes out.  Something clicks, and the door cracks open with a hissing noise.  Opening it the rest of the way you discover a full set of drive belts, preserved in plastic packaging, a sealed container of gasoline, and some WD-40.  You should be able to get the generator running with this.  The gasoline looks like enough to provide about three hours of power for the facility.

This is taken to its logical conclusion, and soon the generator is running and the lights are on.  Your keycards will now allow you to access most rooms in this sector.  What do you do now?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: May 07, 2010, 04:51:15 PM
Jake sighed out of relief when he heard the generator start working again. "Yes! I'm going to go take a nap, if anybody needs me, I'll be out cold in my bed." Jake made his way to his living quarters and took a much needed rest.

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: May 07, 2010, 05:13:23 PM
For quite some time something had bothered DJ for a really long time. He didn't feel like it was important but he just had to bring it up. He walked up to Andrew and asked. "Hey, if we're in the future or what ever. What do you think it looks like outside the base?"

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD