Author Topic: Islands of Infinity OOC  (Read 55062 times)

Eritreus Dranajek

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: August 09, 2010, 10:08:11 AM
OK so she'll have the katanas be magiteck blades that can slice through damn enar anything without a strong shielding system, the clothing will be normal, including the underarmor, only its made of a strong felxible aqrmor that is ahrd to cut without the sue of magiteck blades. and thet ransfomring is more the use of the flame in different ways than changeing other items, like making it snake up a tree for a short momen,t jsut long enough to ignite it, type of thing aswell.

ill rework a proper cahrry prfile when i can sjut not feeling up for it right this minute

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: August 09, 2010, 06:58:36 PM
Basically your katanas are going to be lightsabers ^.^ Except with a difference appearance and without the laser hum thing. Although since they aren't made of constantly reforming laser, they can be broken and their own intense heat will start to affect them if you use them for too long. If that happens you'll need to recondition them before they'll work perfectly again.

As for the shaped flame thing, that's really not gonna happen. While your swords are in good condition you can throw fireballs by swinging (okay, lightsabers can't do that, but Link's sword can!), but no actual shaping except possibly the fireball looking like a immobile shape like a bird or something.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: August 10, 2010, 09:14:54 AM
Also: Don't take this the wrong way but you may want to try typing more slowly. The amount of typos you're producing is rather...imense.

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Eritreus Dranajek

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: August 10, 2010, 10:07:59 PM
ugh...fine...sorry.

and ok so yeah she'll have the phoenix strike she can do as a last resort, a huge phoenix shaped firestrike with the blades, but its a one timer, after that, if she doesnt sheath the blades, they risk going kerflooey on her.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: August 11, 2010, 02:34:13 AM
excellent, that sounds much better. I do encourage creativity and I am generally a fan of the completely out there nuttyness, but this is my first time GMing something like this so I'm trying to keep it relatively under control for now. And of course you should always remember that if you don't actually like the setting, no one's making you play it.

That's assuming the "ugh... fine... sorry" was at me limiting what you can do and not at Jonas asking you to spell properly which in retrospect actually makes a LOT more sense. Good spelling is generally appreciated though! ^.^;

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Eritreus Dranajek

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: August 11, 2010, 07:14:19 AM
it was at my typomonstering.

Yeah ok so basically, all her gear is regualr except for the magiteck blades, she can shapeshift at will, like anyone, but prfers the forms i  spoke of.

For the gateway, it is in a set place, they discovered it in a secret location i am not about to disclose of, it can help them travel to other islands or other realms(dimensions) but they cant quite control it yet for that part, the in realm is fine tho, they managed to figure that out, using stones found there aswell, stones that are like remote controls for the in realm transporting.

that seem ok?

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: August 11, 2010, 03:35:27 PM
Oh you're thinking like a stargate where you can dial locations and stuff! Sorry, that's a little overcomplicated. For now lets just assume it's a static gate to gate thing. Both gate locations are hidden, the one far away and the other near where the events take place. You won't be able to get at it terribly frequently, but it's there for when you need it.

Aside from that, your character is set and now I just need to find a way to work her in. I'll pm you when I preform the insert post. It'll be similar to the first post I made which will dictate starting actions in a place conveniently located where you can find the others. Or you can do what Alias did and make that post yourself.

On a side warning for everyone, I have a family vacation soon and probably won't be paying attention to this RP for a week or two. My apologies for any boredom this might cause.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.