Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons Game  (Read 83258 times)

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
on: March 30, 2010, 05:50:18 PM
Ok! It starts at last! The official Crimson Flag Dungeons and Dragons Game! Before we begin, just a few ground rules:
1. Please do not post here unless you are in the game.

2. Please put anything said in character in bold and in a separate paragraph

3. You are responsible for keeping track of your own modifiers. Making a roll and then remembering later that you had a bonus will not change the result.

4. When making an action, please say what you will be doing (duh) and post your roll (under Additional Options). If an event could cause your action to change then please state the alternate action:

EXAMPLE:
"I make a Perception check to see if the door is trapped (roll). If it is then I make a Thievery check to disarm (roll). If I don't see that the door is trapped then I attempt to bash it open with a strength check (roll)."

This also applies to combat situations, and it should especially be done if there's a chance your intended target might die before your initiative order comes up.

5. Depending on the situation, I may be forced to make your character perform certain actions if you are not able to post. This will not likely happen, however.

6. Space reserved for stuff I might remember to mention later
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 05:54:22 PM by Jonas »

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 06:04:21 PM
The town of Winterhaven lies amidst the Northwind Highlands, an ancient area with a rich history streching back to the empire of Nerath. Crumbling keeps and old military outposts are not uncommon sights for those exploring the hilly region, and it is a common target for adventurers eager to start their careers. Due to its past, the Highlands are also targets of significant scholarly interest, and it is this interest that has brought you into the area. A military historian named Parle Cranewing is interested in the ruined keep that lies near Winterhaven, and has offered a fair bit of gold to those willing to map its interior and bring back any documents they might find. Whether it be for money, reputation, or just something to do, you have all agreed to this task, and rather than compete and fight with each other for the job you have decided to work together.

This brings us to where you are now: walking along the King's Road towards Winterhaven in order to begin your task. The wind in your face is cool and comfortable. The road beneath your feet (and paws) is level. An occasional ancient cobblestone peeks through the dirt road, indicating decades of neglect. You notice footprints leading up and down the road, many of which were made by small, clawed feet.

What do you do?

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 06:42:16 PM
I enjoy the nice weather, taking a deep breath of fresh air and listening to the sounds around me.  I make a perception check to see if I notice any creatures (perception modifier: +7).   I walk slightly towards the back of the party, staying between the fighters and spellcasters.

"Well, he certainly picked a nice day to send us here."

Dice Rolls
  • March 30, 2010, 06:42:16 PM: Perception check
    1d20 => 1d20 [2] (2) = 2
"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 07:41:33 PM
"I have never been fond of the sun, obscures vision, raises visibility, it's not something you want present in my line of work."

Naito looked briefly at the sun before readjusting the hood of his cloak to keep the shade of his eyes. He moves his gaze around the area, observing the area around him for creatures (Perception +7), conscious that a large group out in the open isn't preferable to stealth.

"About how much farther are these ruins? I feel naked out here."

Dice Rolls
  • March 30, 2010, 07:41:33 PM:
    1d20+7 => 1d20 [11] (11) + 7 = 18
Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Kampkraft

• Fragarach
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 08:41:16 PM
Heavily unnerved by the by the large amount of anthromorphic animals, Andrei buried himself in studying arcane magic ever since they had left town. He had never been outside, as he was sent to a wizardry boarding college for most of his life. In fact he had never even seen his own sister! After graduating from the college, he found himself no place to go. His family was bankrupt from the tuition fees, and so he sought to do odd jobs to help pay the debt. And that's how he ended in a mismatched group of odd mercenaries out on an expedition to some random ruin most people had never even heard of.

"I have never been fond of the sun, obscures vision, raises visibility, it's not something you want present in my line of work."

Taking a jab at his fellow accomplice in this mission, he said,(in a tongue-in-cheek manner)"Dazzled by the sunlight eh? I have seen orcs run a marathon in a dessert before and not complain."

With all that said and done, the human wizard turned to his spellbook and uttered the words "Prestidigitation". The pages seem to move by itself as if a wind turned it everytime he willed it.

alephgon

Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 09:49:45 PM
Even despite the strong sunlights were hitting his scales tirelessly, Aleph keeps walking in silence without hesitation. As his big Dragonborn steps caused a small notorious, yet bearable sound on the ground... he yet is pacified in mind, body and soul... trying to concentrate on the task in hand despite the "ice cold" of the group ambience. His spiritual companion "Stryder", a small Dragonling-shaped ghostly spirit with golden eyes was hiding under the Dragonborn's clothing and Leather armor, peeking around in curiousity of the people around the Shaman... whispering his impressions to him, as it silently giggled.  Aleph snickered calmly.

We will get soon to our objective... so let's not lose our north. I suggest to save your energies instead of complaining. I am sure we will break the ice on the way... our melodies after all are here by no coincidence.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 06:17:39 AM
Ssiran Fraythikk (for whom the spelling of his name may change without notice), the heavily armored Catfolk paladin walked at the forefront of the group. 

He glanced at the footprints, then scanned for enemies.  (Perception check, +2)

I'm sure we'll make it intact.  As the shaman said, save your energy.  We may need it soon.

Dice Rolls
  • March 31, 2010, 06:17:39 AM: Perception
    1d20+2 => 1d20 [15] (15) + 2 = 17

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 10:57:57 AM
I look to the left at Mr. Cat-in-Shiny-Armor and flick ears in a slight annoyance.

Do you really think we're in such danger while traveling on a common road, Sir Fraythikk?

Not waiting for an answer, I slow down my trot a bit, enjoying the sunlight.  As Naito, who apparently is trying to hide in plain sight, passes by, I can't suppress a snicker.

I match paces with the ranger.  He's a Vale, like me... but it doesn't make talking any easier. I think no members of the party know any other yet... and I'm sure I don't.

I show neutrality with my ears and tail, then clear my throat.

Excuse me, but this got me thinking... do you recognize these tracks, by any chance?

I point to the small clawed footprints visible in the dirt.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 01:39:46 PM
Check results:

Legatus is unable to notice any nearby creatures beyond those in the party and minor wildlife. Naito and Ssiran both note that the reptile-like tracks are fairly fresh and leave the road as you all near a small dip in the path.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 01:58:28 PM
Sir Fraythikk glances at Rynvoor.

I think that there is danger everywhere, even in what seems the safest of places.

Ssiran moves to put himself between the party and the dip in the path, and calmly removes his sword from its sheath.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 02:25:18 PM
I turn an ear, quickly followed by the rest of the head, in direction of the Paladin's voice.
What is he...
Tchan'koh!

I start running towards him, and pull the warhammer from my back on the way.
All I can think is "Is something going to happen? And will I be fast enough?"...

((If that's OK with the DM, that is.))

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 03:15:05 PM
"It would appear as if there is a ambush planned for us, or rather, any group planning on coming through this path. They'll probably have some form of ranged weaponry."

The rogue flipped the left side of his cloak while drawing his rapier with his right hand and readying a dagger to be throw at a moment's notice with his left.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 03:23:58 PM by Geary »

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 03:18:54 PM
"Now that you mention it these do look interesting..."

I notice Ssiran drawing his sword, and unsling my musket so I can use it if I have to.  Having taken that precaution, I kneel down to try and identify the tracks (nature check +7).  My tail swishes absently as I analyze the tracks and I mutter under my breath,

"Hmm... small, reptilian, probably not too tough..."

When Rynvoor dashes off wielding his hammer, I get the distinct feeling that somethings gone wrong, and look at where the footprints leave the path, my musket at the ready...

Dice Rolls
  • March 31, 2010, 03:18:54 PM: Nature check
    1d20+7 => 1d20 [8] (8) + 7 = 15
"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

alephgon

Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 03:44:59 PM
Snickering in a calm way after the sudden rise of paranoia, Aleph makes a perception check in an attempt to use his spiritual senses to check on actual real danger ahead and around the party. Meanwhile, Stryder swiftly appeared from his hiding spot under Aleph's leather armor chest, as it flew in a ghostly fashion around Aleph's head, looking at everyone in curiosity.

Please, allow me to check before anything...

He closes his eyes as he lets his spirit attempt to detect any danger around.

Dice Rolls
  • March 31, 2010, 03:44:59 PM: Perception Check
    1d20+8 => 1d20 [10] (10) + 8 = 18

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 07:17:48 PM
Krim stops with the others as they reach the dip, silencing low caw like song he had been singing to himself, and quickly scans the area to see if he can help discern whats ahead.

(Assist Aleph on the Precip with a Precip +6, also sorry for being late.)