Author Topic: Final DnD Roster  (Read 15733 times)

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 12:08:58 PM
    Here's an online program that generates PDF files, and here's one that creates grids in photoshop.  Also, GIMP comes with a  Grid plugin.

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 01:03:08 PM
Well, depends on what you expect.

Battle Map is kinda simple, but designed exactly for combat stuff. It is made in Flash, tho, and is designed to assist a tabletop game, so you'd have to make screenshots of it and upload them somewhere. If you choose it, I think I can make the process a bit easier - notably, create a "Flash Projector" application, so you won't have to cut the webbrowser panels from the screenshot, and maybe make an easy uploader for you somewhere on my part of Urocyon webspace. Other thing that might be worth pondering is using some screen sharing software, for exaple Ustream or Livestream, to show us the mapper screen instead of posting screenshots.

These two, and most of the other applications below seem to be map designers, so we'd need to either make a player/monster tiles for them, or make a map once and then use Photoshop, Gimp, or any other image editor to draw symbols on top on it.
http://www.yeoldemapmaker.com/ - Flash.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20061121t - Semi-Official WotC one?

But MapTool ( http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=maptool ) is hyper awesome. Even allows you as a GM to set up a server and rest of us to connect to it and see the map live.
It's a little complex to set up initially, but I can help you... and it allows for even such cool things as a fog of war, so you can have a full map laid out and us players not seing it, a bunch of available tile sets, and ability of importing custom images, so we could (if you wish so) use our avatars or other symbols for player tokens.

Again, depends on how much functionality do you want {;)

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 03:00:58 AM
So crap. I did not think this through properly. By the time this starts midterms will come around for me and if I have 'maybe' enough time now, I certainly won't then. I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to do this ^.^;

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 03:04:43 AM
It's looking less and less like I'll have time for this, either.  When it was a forum-thing, at a nice slow pace, I could do fine, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it at any specific times.

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 07:41:49 AM
Indeed. But let's face the facts... while a forum is quite good for a freeform "storytelling" RP, even these feel glacially slow. A D&D-type RP, with dice, stats and need of frequent question/response exchanges between players and DM, would be quite ridiculous.

Sorry to lose you, folks. It would be way better with you on board.
Hopefully you'll find time to jump in later.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 12:46:31 PM
Well, I'm not "officially" out yet...it's just starting to look like I might end up ducking out after a while.  We'll have to see.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 02:28:11 PM
Heh, I thought this was going to be freeform rp based on the DnD setting. Since this will actually involve stats, dice, and other stuff like that, particularly showing up at a regulated time, there's just no way I'll be able to pull this off. Too much stuff I need to know and do rather than just the creative writing process that I thought this would be. Sorry to drop out like this ^.^;

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 11:15:49 PM
* Tvorsk looks around.

Hey, Jonas?

{;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:25:46 PM by Tvorsk »

Dice Rolls
  • March 09, 2010, 11:25:46 PM: Once submitted, cannot be altered.
    3d6+11-1d4 => 3d6 [5,2,2] (9) + 11 - 1d4 [4] (4) = 16
Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 12:38:37 PM
Due to university work, I won't be able to get things started just yet. Due dates are March 22nd so this won't start until then. Sorry...

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 12:45:22 PM
Fits me... A new course starts at 15th, and the first week will surely be tiring, because I'm completely out of habit {:)

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk