Author Topic: Kieli Chronicles Changes  (Read 4128 times)

KieliIndustries

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • "Random with a purpose"
    • View Profile
on: February 07, 2019, 08:10:23 PM
So, I wanted to see what everyone's opinion is around here about possible changes to my Kieli Chronicles comic. Basically, with school and all, it's becoming increasingly tough to get a new page drawn every week. I find myself wanting to focus more on standalone requests instead of forcing myself to get into the mindset of the entire Kieli Chronicles narrative by a certain time every week. It's easier during the semester to work on smaller projects instead of putting together an entire interconnected story on a rigid schedule. But at the same time, if I don't ever set deadlines I'd risk inadvertently abandoning the Kieli Chronicles project, which is definitely not what I want to do. So what do you here on CF think about me changing my schedule to one new page every 2 weeks instead, possibly not posted on the same day of the week every time? I'm just looking for a little feedback!

-KieliIndustries
"Random with a purpose!"

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:20:19 PM
Definitely keep the schedule at something you feel comfortable keeping. You are correct in that it is important to keep a routine going for a longer project like this, and scaling it back to the point where you can keep up the routine and not feel overwhelmed is just as important. When I first started CF I was at 1 page every 10 days, and that "page" was just a three panel strip. The important thing is to keep it up!

[fox] Virmir

KieliIndustries

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:30:05 PM
Definitely keep the schedule at something you feel comfortable keeping. You are correct in that it is important to keep a routine going for a longer project like this, and scaling it back to the point where you can keep up the routine and not feel overwhelmed is just as important. When I first started CF I was at 1 page every 10 days, and that "page" was just a three panel strip. The important thing is to keep it up!

Thanks for your input, it's looking to me like I need to find my own pace instead of forcing a predetermined pace on myself from the start. What you say makes a lot of sense, and my first impression is that this sort of plan is exactly what I need!

-KieliIndustries
"Random with a purpose!"

Alsin

• Band Yeen
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:38:46 PM
Definitely fine with every two weeks schedule. I'm interested in seeing where the story goes  [:)

doot doot

Jake

• The TF Labrador
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • I love magic TF cookies
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 09:40:48 PM
I think you should do what you think you need to do

The happy TF Labrador

KyleTheRed

• The Grey Fox in Red. Not to be confused with Kylo Ren
  • A tea-addicted Norse Grey Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 07:02:02 AM
Keeping on a flexible schedule is certainly a skill I lack, so I must agree that keeping a flexible schedule is very important. Whenever I do art, it goes two ways: Either I get the idea and proceed to finish it in 30mins-hour or I have so much going on that I work on it in short 5 min sessions and generally get the piece itself done in a few days. I'm thinking that if I schedule better, I'd actually do a lot better and have more time for nightly drawing sessions. I'd hate to see you fall behind in art like I occasionally do. Keep up the good work Kieli! I love seeing the story play out!

(21:58:52) KieliIndustries: Kylo Reyn
(21:58:52) Virmir: What did you say?
(21:59:05) Virmir: Kylo Reyn? GAH HA HA
(21:59:07) Virmir: I like.
(21:59:33) KyleTheRed: apparently I have a new nickname

KieliIndustries

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 07:03:36 AM
Thanks for commenting on this, I'm glad some people understand! Still debating whether I'll keep a schedule for a certain day of the week in my new plan or not... I'm very grateful that people are interested in the comic though!

-KieliIndustries
"Random with a purpose!"

KieliIndustries

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 09:18:32 AM
Updates are set for every weekend, release dates will be anywhere from Fridays to the end of the following Sundays! Hope this is convenient enough for everyone, I am always open to suggestions and constructive criticism! Enjoy the comic and let me know if you've got anything to say! Your support is very encouraging and I'm more thankful than you'd know!  {:)

-KieliIndustries
"Random with a purpose!"

Jake

• The TF Labrador
  • I love magic TF cookies
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 09:27:20 AM
Updates are set for every weekend, release dates will be anywhere from Fridays to the end of the following Sundays! Hope this is convenient enough for everyone, I am always open to suggestions and constructive criticism! Enjoy the comic and let me know if you've got anything to say! Your support is very encouraging and I'm more thankful than you'd know!  {:)

That is good for me but it doesn’t need to be good for me it’s need to be good for you and like you said it is going to be better for you

The happy TF Labrador