Author Topic: Kieli Chronicles Changes  (Read 122 times)

KieliIndustries

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Random with a purpose"
    • View Profile
on: February 07, 2019, 08:10:23 PM
So, I wanted to see what everyone's opinion is around here about possible changes to my Kieli Chronicles comic. Basically, with school and all, it's becoming increasingly tough to get a new page drawn every week. I find myself wanting to focus more on standalone requests instead of forcing myself to get into the mindset of the entire Kieli Chronicles narrative by a certain time every week. It's easier during the semester to work on smaller projects instead of putting together an entire interconnected story on a rigid schedule. But at the same time, if I don't ever set deadlines I'd risk inadvertently abandoning the Kieli Chronicles project, which is definitely not what I want to do. So what do you here on CF think about me changing my schedule to one new page every 2 weeks instead, possibly not posted on the same day of the week every time? I'm just looking for a little feedback!

-KieliIndustries
"Random with a purpose!"

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:20:19 PM
Definitely keep the schedule at something you feel comfortable keeping. You are correct in that it is important to keep a routine going for a longer project like this, and scaling it back to the point where you can keep up the routine and not feel overwhelmed is just as important. When I first started CF I was at 1 page every 10 days, and that "page" was just a three panel strip. The important thing is to keep it up!

[fox] Virmir

KieliIndustries

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 08:30:05 PM
Definitely keep the schedule at something you feel comfortable keeping. You are correct in that it is important to keep a routine going for a longer project like this, and scaling it back to the point where you can keep up the routine and not feel overwhelmed is just as important. When I first started CF I was at 1 page every 10 days, and that "page" was just a three panel strip. The important thing is to keep it up!

Thanks for your input, it's looking to me like I need to find my own pace instead of forcing a predetermined pace on myself from the start. What you say makes a lot of sense, and my first impression is that this sort of plan is exactly what I need!

-KieliIndustries
"Random with a purpose!"

Alsin

• Hyena
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:38:46 PM
Definitely fine with every two weeks schedule. I'm interested in seeing where the story goes  [:)

Jake

• Thank To KieliIndustries my profile looks great
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 09:40:48 PM
I think you should do what you think you need to do

KyleTheRed

• The Grey Fox in Red. Not to be confused with Kylo Ren
  • A tea-drinking, Red-Tattooed, Jedi Grey Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 07:02:02 AM
Keeping on a flexible schedule is certainly a skill I lack, so I must agree that keeping a flexible schedule is very important. Whenever I do art, it goes two ways: Either I get the idea and proceed to finish it in 30mins-hour or I have so much going on that I work on it in short 5 min sessions and generally get the piece itself done in a few days. I'm thinking that if I schedule better, I'd actually do a lot better and have more time for nightly drawing sessions. I'd hate to see you fall behind in art like I occasionally do. Keep up the good work Kieli! I love seeing the story play out!

(21:58:52) KieliIndustries: Kylo Reyn
(21:58:52) Virmir: What did you say?
(21:59:05) Virmir: Kylo Reyn? GAH HA HA
(21:59:07) Virmir: I like.
(21:59:33) KyleTheRed: apparently I have a new nickname

KieliIndustries

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 07:03:36 AM
Thanks for commenting on this, I'm glad some people understand! Still debating whether I'll keep a schedule for a certain day of the week in my new plan or not... I'm very grateful that people are interested in the comic though!

-KieliIndustries
"Random with a purpose!"