Author Topic: DnD Signups  (Read 32639 times)

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 04:17:53 PM
     I guess that makes me a ranger.  Legatus, Vale Ranger locked and loaded.  One question though:  Does the Vale's resourcefulness attribute stack with their Arcana and Insight skill bonuses?  (ie do I get the +2 racial bonus and another +2 because they're untrained for a total of +4, or just +2 racial bonus?)

Legatus' file has been updated with his racial abilities integrated with the appropriate sections, and a little extra description under the "More About" section.  For convenience, it is attached to this post.

Edit: Okay, no stack.  File updated accordingly.  Thanks.  {:P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:41:37 PM by Digital Vulpine »

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 04:24:49 PM
No, the two don't stack. That places it too close to the +5 trained bonus.

As for those enquiring about the Power supplements, I'm going to be relooking them over today and tomorrow and may just let them be used from the get-go depending on what I find.

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 06:10:35 PM
Good news, everyone! I have decided to allow the Power supplements starting from level 1. They have been added to the files from my link on the other DnD post.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:44:06 PM by Jonas »

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 06:54:37 PM
So, well... I filled in equipment, bonuses (thanks for reminding me of them, Digital) and, well, wrote the worst, most cliche-esque history you ever saw... {:(

... does the fact that I never wrote anything like that will be considered a valid reason to ease down the punishment?

Anyway, I'll be right here, and the pie stand is on the right. Have fun, aim accurately!

Edit: Oh great... I HAD a bug in that sheet. >.<
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:03:33 PM by Tvorsk »

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Jonas

• Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: February 16, 2010, 06:57:04 PM
*comforts Tvorsk*

You've also just reminded me of something: Your dex/int modifier is ONLY applied to your AC if you are NOT wearing heavy armor.

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 06:59:29 PM
Makes sense... probably... but can you clarify which modifiers do you mean? The racials for Vale are Con/Int, and it wouldn't make much sense to lose Con in armor, would it...

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 08:37:32 PM
Ah, he means that the bonus that having a high dex or int gives you doesn't apply if you're in heavy armor.  Your Dex/Con/Int will stay the same, only your AC will change.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 10:09:27 PM
To be even clearer, in 4e if you are using light armor, its Reflex+Armor+10. If you are in heavy armor there is no reflex bonus.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #38 on: February 16, 2010, 10:16:25 PM
...Clearer to some, maybe, though not me.

I think this is a link to the Myth Weavers version of my character: Linky

Let me know if it didn't work.  If it did work, feel free to give opinions/criticisms.

Kampkraft

• Fragarach
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: February 16, 2010, 10:17:03 PM
Link's not working, maybe put the URL in?

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #40 on: February 16, 2010, 10:17:50 PM
Heh.  Caught it same time you did.  Should work now.

(Ninja'd right in there, didn't ya'?)

Kampkraft

• Fragarach
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: February 16, 2010, 10:26:02 PM
Heh.  Caught it same time you did.  Should work now.

(Ninja'd right in there, didn't ya'?)

My Init is +20 :p

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 11:09:58 PM
...Clearer to some, maybe, though not me.

I think this is a link to the Myth Weavers version of my character: Linky

Let me know if it didn't work.  If it did work, feel free to give opinions/criticisms.

Sorry, basically your reflex is equal to the greater of dex and int plus 10. If you're wearing light armor, you add that reflex bonus to your armor and shield bonuses for your AC. If you're using heavy armor Your Reflex bonus to Armor class is effectivly 0.

Also Tvor, why no shield? I understand it if you were using a two handed weapon, but one handed it just seems kinda wierd.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:11:42 PM by Kenku »

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 03:54:37 AM
storm sorceror would be more tempting if they didn't automatically assume lightning. I think I'll stick with fey after all. I'll be going with the light build type, but I may model my character off of Cosmo (snow leopard instead of lynx) cause that's so much more appropriate to the character. Due to classes and stuff I won't be able to finish making the character until later so I hope you'll bear with me ^.^;

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Tvorsk

• Server Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 08:11:00 AM
Sorry, basically your reflex is equal to the greater of dex and int plus 10. If you're wearing light armor, you add that reflex bonus to your armor and shield bonuses for your AC. If you're using heavy armor Your Reflex bonus to Armor class is effectivly 0.

Okay, so while talking with Jonas last night, I've found the following passage in PH1 on page 212 of the book (which might be slightly offset from the PDF page number in whatever copy you use):
When you wear light armor, you add either your Intelligence or your Dexterity modifier to your Armor Class, whichever is higher. Heavy armor is more restrictive, so your natural agility matters less. When you wear heavy armor, you don’t add an ability score modifier to your AC.
Is that what you mean? There's also Reflex Defense, that gets an Int or Dex (whichever's larger) bonus to the base value... but the PH doesn't mention any cases when this bonus is canceled. Yes, same page 212 says
If you wear armor you’re not proficient with, it makes you clumsy and uncoordinated: You take a –2 penalty to attack rolls and to your Reflex defense.
But that's a different thing altogether.

Also Tvor, why no shield? I understand it if you were using a two handed weapon, but one handed it just seems kinda wierd.

Honestly? I don't like shields... and I can't imagine fighting with one. {:(;
In any case, it's not a total waste (just an almost-total one), as the hammer can be used in two hands for a (lousy) +1 damage bonus.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:19:47 AM by Tvorsk »

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk