Author Topic: Micro-Stories  (Read 27570 times)

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 03:57:02 PM
wait a minute, if Kiba is age-regressed then hows he able to have had children?

I believe that's only the Metamor Keep Kiba, where as the Overgrown Lands Kiba isn't.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 05:27:40 PM
wait a minute, if Kiba is age-regressed then hows he able to have had children?

I believe that's only the Metamor Keep Kiba, where as the Overgrown Lands Kiba isn't.
Overgrown Lands? wha?

It's a setting Donnie made and has written it, but he's never posted a story from it. I think this Kiba comes from RPs in the setting, but I could be wrong (and likely am).

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Pontos

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 05:29:59 PM
Overgrown Lands? wha?
Donnie's own setting, and please, cut the offtopic.
Give ideas or don't post.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 12:57:16 AM
A wizard finds his way into a portal that takes him into a strange realm, and finds hes lookings rather...strange. Unfortunently, he can't remeber the exactly gate code to go back!

Alias

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 01:03:52 AM
(23:46:21) Stormkit: A little boy discovers a doorway to an empty city in his basement.
(23:47:12) Stormkit: but the next day he can no longer find it and is left to wonder if it ever really happened

Keeping that one for possible later use, I think I'm gonna do Kenku's next though ^.^

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 09:00:42 PM
Alias, great job on the wizard/card game story!  And wow, all that written in a single day! *is envious* [;)

[fox] Virmir

Alias

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 01:21:12 AM
C'est fini!

As a bonus, I finally have a name for the world that contains Lonely Howling and most of my other stories; it is now called the Alibi verse.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 08:09:21 AM
Gah! It's like popcorn! Only a little bit by itself, and thus leaves you craving for more!
* Tvorsk twitches.

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Alias

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 03:02:09 PM
Finished Kit's story suggestion, need more suggestions!

Alias

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 05:15:02 PM
(15:37:22) Tvorsk: Alias: A kid seeks a bit of peace and calmness from its unfair parents hiding on the home's roof. During one of these visits, he meets a cat there. Talks to him, ranting over the unfair life and all... then the cat begins answering back.

^_^

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 09:15:05 PM
Hm.....very surreal. Very Surreal. I don't really know if any other word works here. A lot of talk of the "between" world and such and such an idea, which is very nice. But I don't seem to be connecting with the characters all that much. In fact, this concept of the "between" seems to be the main character in both these stories, rather than the characters you pretend to follow. I see this a little bit in the first story, and a lot more in the second. So, I might recommend either giving us more about the characters we can relate to, or simply making the concept of "between" the main character. (I know its a bit abstract, but you can handle it right? How's that for a recommendation of a story? Make a CONCEPT the main character of a story. ]:)I think you can handle it.)

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

Alias

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 09:31:11 PM
Did Tvorsk's, need more suggestions.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 10:00:08 PM
A young boy adventures through a mostly unexplored part of the woods behind his house. To his surprise, the woods aren't exactly uninhabitied, as the boy runs into one of the more smart residents of the woods.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 09, 2010, 02:21:34 AM
Someone seeks wisdom and knowledge, and so makes the discovery of a lifetime, but perhaps some things are best left unknown.

Take this where you will, the reason this thing perhaps shouldn't have been discovered has many possibilities. Maybe there is a guardian of some sort, maybe the truth is horrific in some way, or perhaps the knowledge is just too tempting a path to percieved power.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 03:08:50 AM
Wow. I'm really speechless. I was going to bring in a quote from that story to show a point or something, but I would just use the entire story as a quote. ]:)

This story is powerful because it connects with a common problem in modern society. Rather than being about fanciful worlds, it's about a very REAL kid with a very REAL problem. He's frustrated by his parents, and by how apart they are, (they might be divorced soon, due to their differences,) so he goes up on the roof to draw as an escape from their conflicts.

He has drawn the mountains, not as they are, but as he wishes they were

Nice.

Um, back to my point.

He turns back east, to the lights of downtown.  He has never drawn this view before; has felt it would be somehow wrong to mix his mother’s art with his father’s.

“Don’t you think they need to mix a little more?”

The cat on the roof represents the character's unconscious mind, ( obviously, ]:)) and what he's been avoiding for all this time. He has this idea in his head that the world would be better if his parents were just SEPARATE, rather than fighting all the time.

But, he comes to realize that his parents' fighting is actually.....(wait, you're going a different direction with this.)

Er....ending, conclusion, what? You end with him drawing his "mother's and father's styles" together, and the cat (his unconscious!) departing. But what does this tell him to do? Stop trying to separate his parents? He seems to still dislike his parents' arguments.

Hm.....

Great story. The emotional content didn't feel at all weighed down by the imagery and scenery. ]:)

((As for your next story, my recommendation: He's a normal kid, but without warning he starts doing UNSPEAKABLE behaviors, such as doing his chores, finishing his homework, and SHARING WITH HIS SIBLINGS. How will these acts of ANARCHY stand in his household?  ]:O))

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!