Author Topic: Virmir's Virmen Problem  (Read 3550 times)

Cecilia

• Zonked up Juicer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Squeak
    • View Profile
on: October 27, 2017, 06:30:18 PM
Hello everyone! and welcome to my first story ever! I jotted this idea down along time ago, but was too lazy to flesh it out into full story until now. I think you guys will like it, basically it's about me being me in Virmir's tower, and Virmir having to put up with it. Enjoy! And don't be afraid to tell me what you think, it's my first one, so I want to get better!

Story:

Once upon a time there lived an old grey fox by the name of Kendo Virmir. He lived alone in a tall tower surrounded by a forest, or so he thought. You see, Virmir’s tower was pretty easy to get into, and being in the middle of the forest, it’s sure to attract some of the woodland creatures nearby. Of course, the magical fox does his best to keep pests out of his home, when he sees them, he always whisks them away with a special “go away” spell that he learned in his early studies. However, Virmir is a busy fox, and he hates to do trivial things like clean and cook, or take care of virmen. So he programmed his robot to seek and destroy pests, so far this has done the job pretty well, save for some charred spots here and there from the laser beams. Little did our friend know, that he had his own little visitor in his tower, despite the measures he takes to prevent it. At first Virmir thought that VirBot was the one rearranging his books, but the service droid had been doing it wrong. “It’s alphabetical! You’re supposed to know the alphabet! Trees!” he exclaimed, and so Virmir lost precious time out of his day tinkering with the bot, only to find that nothing was wrong. Looking at the books again, he saw that they were arranged by color, with red at the top, going all the way down to purple at the bottom. “I guess that works”, he said, thinking that VirBot had been set to color coordination for the day. As the days went on Virmir noticed more things that were odd, first of all, his box of wands was always unlocked, there was never any missing, but he was sure that he locked it every time. He never ran out of drawing paper, but being always involved with his doodles, he rarely notices, even when the ink seems to fill back up while he’s away, something that he’s pretty used to doing over and over again. Things continued as normal, but Virmir’s beloved tower was changing. Usually it was all dusty, but now everything sparkled! The shiny walls and ceilings of the tower had the fox surrounded by his reflection everywhere he went, although he enjoyed this very much, the fragrant, girly smell was a bit much. When he went outside to his veggie garden, he found beautiful flowers everywhere. “I guess it’s that time of year” he said dismissively. It wasn’t that the fox was unaware that something is amiss, there was definitely something weird going on, but Virmir just didn’t see it as something he has to deal with, not yet anyway.

And then things got weird.

Pretty soon it was very clear to Virmir that something, or someone, is messing with all of his stuff. When Virmir went to draw, he saw that his magical refilling paper had scribbles on it. Upon drawing something himself he realized that all of his black ink had been swapped out for purple ink. Looking around his office, he saw soft drapery everywhere! It was all purple, and the fabric stretched throughout the halls, on the ceilings, even his bed! “That does it, VirBot! Come here!” Virmir yelled, and like the perfect robot he was VirBot came through the doorway, “Blast! What happened!” Virmir shrieked, for the robot that stood in front of him was not VirBot, well it was, but the automaton had been glitterfied! Painted! Even given a purple ribbon. Seeing that even his robot had fallen victim to this prank, Virmir decided the only way to stop this was to get to the bottom of it himself, but not before getting rid of this mess! “Get rid of all these silly decorations, and blast anything that’s purple!” Virmir ordered, Virbot uttered a beep in agreement, and began to fly about shredding all of the purple drapery. Virmir stalked around his tower, sniffing, listening, and watching for the thing that had ruined his robot. Soon enough, he came across a mouse hole, however it wasn’t small, it was pretty big, big enough for him to crawl through, but he wasn’t about to go chasing Trees know what through some hole! Virmir stuck his head into the hole, and threatened the vandal. “Whoever you are in there! You’d better stop! Or you’ll get blasted!” The words echoed through the opening, it was pretty deep! But not deep enough; after a few minutes of silence, Virmir had had enough. “That’s it, you asked for it.” he said to himself, and launched a large ball of fire down through the hole in his wall. The shot went diagonally, as if it led to an underground area, but soon enough, the fireball hit it’s target. It burst into a blaze the explosion funneled through the hole, coming back straight at Virmir, who promptly moved out of the way before fire spewed out of the large mouse hole. The grey fox was satisfied, whatever was in there, it had been burnt to a crisp. Virmir began heading back to his office, but his stomach forced him to make a detour to the kitchen, “blasted whatever that was, now I have to eat something.” he muttered, but he would not be able to eat anything, because all of his food had been replaced with sweets! “Trees! Where’s my food!” he shouted. A soft giggling could be heard from inside one of his cabinets. Virmir tiptoed very quietly to the source of the laughter. He then swung open the cabinet doors to find a mouse, a big mouse! She had stark, white fur, and was fully clothed in a purple and yellow shirt with blue pants, she had been eating a chocolate cupcake. “Purple! You’ve been doing this! You ruined my tower! You’re going to fix this mess right now and then go away forever!” the fox demanded. The mouse, whose face was partially covered in cupcake, looked at the grey fox, who was steaming with anger. “Fix? But it looks so much better now! All of your stuff is dusty and grey, and now there’s color everywhere!” she said. Not amused, Virmir reached for the rodent troublemaker, but she crawled over to the next cabinet and escaped through its door. “Hey! What are you doing? It’s just a little redecorating!” she said nervously. Virmir exclaimed “redecorate your own home! Not mine! I like things the way they are!” he said, and so the mouse began to back away. “Alright, geez, you could’ve just said so! I live over-” the mouse paused, she was pointing to the hole that Virmir had inspected earlier, there was a black, burnt mess all around it. The mouse looked shocked, and heartbroken “Y-y-you blew up my house!” she said, and looked at the mean grey fox. Virmir had a smile on his face “I was just redecorating” he said “you mess up my house, I mess up yours, we’re even so I won’t use you like other people use lab rats. Now get out! Before I change my mind!” The mouse had her own smile this time, “but I can’t leave now! You’ve blasted everything I have! Now I have to stay here with you!” She said with a little bit of excitement. Virmir was not persuaded “The day that happens is the day Antarctica is warm!” he said, but the rodent had made up her mind now, she walked about the halls, admiring, the tatters of purple fabric that had remained. “Nope, I have to live here now, I don’t have anywhere else to go. I don’t care how much you blast me, I’m not going anyw-” The white mouse had walked straight into VirBot, who had finished restoring order to Virmir’s tower, and had also cleaned and polished himself. The robot began beeping very loud, and was making the sound of an alarm “INTRUDER! INTRUDER! MUST REMOVE MOUSE”

Cecilia was sent flying out the door, landing on her rear with a bewildered look on her face. Eventually, she got up, smiled, and began digging another hole into the tower.

THE END!

Oh woof

Phantom

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 08:56:41 PM
Silly little mouse.

Cecilia

• Zonked up Juicer
  • Squeak
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 12:45:20 PM
:3 Silly is my middle name. I should make that official. X3

Oh woof

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 12:01:22 AM
Ah, those mice are indeed problematic!

Small continuity issue: You certainly won't find any dust on my stuff!  I adhere to a very strict weekly cleaning schedule.  Lack of purple, drapes, and glitter is certainly correct, though, ha ha

[fox] Virmir

Cecilia

• Zonked up Juicer
  • Squeak
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 12:55:14 PM
Hehe, I'll keep that in mind. ;3

Oh woof