Slime-Cat
3 (17.6%)
Werewolf
9 (52.9%)
Wolpertinger
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: September 22, 2017, 09:44:38 PM

Author Topic: Arro's Month Long TF October 2017 Part 2  (Read 3536 times)

Arroavantho

• Illusionist Black Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Pet the kitty.
    • View Profile
on: September 12, 2017, 09:44:38 PM
So I got tons of awesome ideas from y'all in part 1, but obviously I had to choose just a few to put to the second part. The things I eliminated were those that were difficult too complex to roleplay, too inconvenient for interacting with other people, or that were similar to the things I ultimately chose. I loved receiving the responses though and got a good laugh at several of them!

Quick Descriptions of Finalists:
  • Drider: Basically this would be a slightly modified Arro's feline upper body on top of a spider body in a taur format.
  • Harpy: Arya's head and upper body with the tail, wings, and legs of a bird, much like the harpies of greek mythology... but replace the human with cat.
  • Slime: There's a piece of me that thinks Virmir meant like the Terraria-style ball of green goo, I'm going to read this as a slime version of Arro.
  • Werewolf: Large, muscular, anthropomorphic wolf Arro.
  • Wolpertinger: A winged rabbit Arro with sabre-tooth fangs, deer antlers, and the tail of a squirrel.

Regarding the heavily-voted-for Chupacabra, I'll address why I didn't do it specifically despite the votes. Although I liked the idea, I was in a bit of a pickle with it. Chupacabras can either be canine or reptilian. Canine chupacabras (basically coyotes with mange) I found were too similar in concept to Werewolves though, which is a bit easier to pull off and a good bit more... sightly. Reptilian chupacabras meanwhile are typically drawn as weird alien things that I just didn't care to be for a whole month. As such, I did table the idea.

Thank you everyone again for voting in part 1, and I can't wait to see what happens in part 2! Thanks!

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ArcusMike99

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 07:31:23 AM
You will make an awesome Werewolf Arro!

Talcott

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 07:32:05 PM
Well polls are closed and seems we all wanted werewolf. Congratulations, have fun.

Anyone else think it's a coincidence that saute rhymes with all day?

Arroavantho

• Illusionist Black Cat
  • Pet the kitty.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 09:01:59 PM
Guess I'm going to be a werewolf! This'll be fun! Thanks for voting everyone!  [:)

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr