Author Topic: Character Evolution Brainstorm  (Read 3801 times)

Cecilia

• Zonked up Juicer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Squeak
    • View Profile
on: February 28, 2017, 01:25:46 PM
Hello writers, this thread might not exactly go here, but I feel it's kinda related.

What I want this thread to do is help me develop Cecilia as a fully fleshed character. I want to give her unique attributes and a good strong bio for her to stand by. So here's where you all come in: I need some ideas, some inspiration, so feel free to post what you think would be good. Thanks in advance!

Oh woof

Crabtree

• Tacos
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:21:40 PM
One way to go about it would be to build Cecilia's character now and work backwards. In other words, decide on her personality, likes, dislikes, skills, that sort of thing, and then work out how she got there. For example, say that she has arachnophobia; did she find a really really big spider in closet? Or maybe she got bit at one point and had a really bad reaction to it? The most important thing is to make it interesting.

Cecilia

• Zonked up Juicer
  • Squeak
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 05:10:08 PM
Thanks Lieutenant, I'd say I have a clear picture of her personality. She's a nice mouse who's silly and innocent. She likes freedom and being able to do whatever she pleases, and a result she's not too keen on things that limit her, be it a skill, a position or simple biology. She treats everyone like a friend even if they presents themselves as an enemy.

Working backwards from that, you could say that Cecilia is like this because she has lived a very peaceful and sheltered life. She knows what evil is, but has never experienced it first hand.

That's about all I've got for now, thanks again! It helped!

Oh woof