Author Topic: A small walk  (Read 2708 times)

Devon

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
on: September 10, 2016, 06:47:37 PM
The sleeping world outside my house was silent.
The wind didn't blow, the crickets didn't chirp, and the full moon lit up the night pleasantly.
I sat cozy in my home, my eyes going back and forth over the words in my book.
My shack kept out the slight chill of the evening air, and my lamp illuminated my book enough for me to read comfortably.
My lamp suddenly flickered once, then it stopped casting light. I checked the bulb to see that it was perfectly intact.

I sighed and decided to check to see the cause of the outage.
I put my paws to the floor, the nails on them clicking against the wood.
I opened the door to my one door shack and closed it softly as to not disturb anyone else.
I checked my equipment, it was perfectly intact. I'd have to check further into town to see what the damage was.
I breathed steadily as I walked down the gravel path, the crops around me rustling her and there whenever a light breeze kicked up.
I could see very easily down the path, I could make out the town at the edge of my vision.

I sighed as I got closer, seeing that there were no lamps on in town either. I went to turn back around now that my curiosity was satisfied, but I only saw more houses in that direction. I looked at all 360 degrees around me, just more houses.

I felt disturbed as I looked at the urban area I found myself in. Had I accidentally walked deeper into town?

I chose a direction, and walked in said direction, but it always seemed there were more buildings.

I finally saw something in the distance, it was definitely not a piece of architecture.
I started running towards the entity, and as I got closer and closer I saw that it was a fox like myself. I got closer, even from behind, I could tell that this was someone I knew, Chuck.
“Chuck!”
I started running towards Chuck, Chuck turned around, looked at me and smiled.
“Hello there Hector!”
I was slightly out of breath as I reached the now standing Chuck.
“Where is everyone?” I asked to him between pants.
He just smiled. “Nice weather we're having, isn't it?”
I looked confused at him “It is a nice night... what happened to everyone?”
He ignored my question and went on talking inanely “Have you read anything interesting from the library lately?”
I was starting to get angry “Where. Is. Everyone?”
I felt something hit me on the back of the head. Before my vision went dark, I saw Chuck, smiling, and I noticed that it wasn't him looking out of those eyes.

I woke up with a start. I tried to get up off of the chair I was tied to, only to discover that I was tied down tightly. A single beam of light was shining down on me from an unseen source above.

“What is this!?”

I pulled harder, it was no use.

I saw something coming out of the darkness and saw that it was another friend of mine.

I was about to open my mouth, but then I saw his- it's eyes. It wasn't my friend behind those eyes.

I looked around, more and more things were coming out of the darkness to form a circle around me, all of them wearing that smile on their faces. All of them things that looked almost exactly like my friends and loved ones, except fort the fact it wasn't my friends behind those eyes.

Tears ran down my face, in fear of the unknown, and in fear of what happened to my friends.

Then they started humming.

At first, I was pacified by the humming, it seemed almost soothing... until I noticed that I had forgotten half of their names.
I recalled the names I did know, almost chanting them over and over, until I realized I was missing more and more names every time I went through the names I did know.

I screamed and cried, hoping to wake up safe and sound in my bed, my friends perfectly fine, but there was no such salvation.

I cried and sobbed as I forgot more and more things. The number of books I owned, my favourite movie, who was my mother and father, everything, until I could remember only two things.

My name.

And the fact that I was in a place that was very wrong for me to be.

Tears streaked down my face, dampening the fur on it, as I forgot the spelling of my name, and then my name completely.

Now all I remembered that this situation was very wrong.

I cried silently, as I slowly forgot about my current situation too.

I sat there dumbly, no longer crying, no longer sad and wondered.

Who am I?

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 11:14:08 PM
Kids, television will rot your brain out.

[fox] Virmir