Author Topic: Dragon's Fate (Interactive Story)  (Read 4588 times)

Snow

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
on: April 11, 2016, 11:53:40 PM
http://kschnee.xepher.net/code/twine/Dragon_Fate.html

An interactive story about exploring a vast cavern to find out what's stealing the village's sheep. Will you emerge happy, rich, and human, or will you meet with a very different fate? Customize your character, improve your stats, and find 15 possible endings!

Rated mature for some of the possible endings; I think it's not detailed/offensive enough to bother people but tell me if otherwise. Strong themes of magic and transformation; some violence.

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 01:09:35 PM
Nicely done. Cool idea with the stat through path idea.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 10:59:42 PM
This is great!  I didn't see anything in it remotely mature rated.  I started out as a wizard but then apparently accidentally increased my strength significantly just by looking around, so came out as a fairly formidable battle mage.  Died a few times, but back button helped.  [;) Did not run into anything transformative--will obviously need to give it another go.

[fox] Virmir

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 11:06:14 PM
I've run into a couple ends with enough magic and oops Virmir to say the least. Just keep working and picking up things.

Selden

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 07:43:47 AM
Apparently I found the Toast ending.  I started a male warrior, wound up a female and quite pregnant "female Part-Dragonkin warrior"  |:P

Snow - I think you may have the room with the intact egg and a bunch of shards giving magic every time, not just once.

There is a bit of mature to it, Virmir.  I don't think it's a problem, probably.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:50:43 AM by Selden »

Tyla: Ty Ty ty Ty Ty Ty
Tyla: we need more tys
Selden: No, no, no. Then we'd need a tybreaker.
* Tvorsk snickers!
Tyla: ...
Tyla: that was...
Tvorsk: Tyla, the word you're looking for is "beautiful". {;)
Virmir: I need to hire Selden as an editor. [;)

Talcott

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 02:16:52 PM
Dang I haven't gotten anything exciting yet. I got one ending where i brought about the town's doom by unleashing the dragon, another ending where I was turned into a human damsel, and the good? ending where I slay the dragon and am a hero.

Anyone else think it's a coincidence that saute rhymes with all day?