Author Topic: Niro's Reality Dice  (Read 7606 times)

Caprice

• That guy with the tail
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
on: August 25, 2015, 08:24:03 PM
Today, Niro unveiled "reality dice" in chat.  Here are the rolls we know:

Gold Die

20 - Choose as you please
19 - Seal
18 - Kangaroo
17 - Sheep
16 - Parrot
15 - Easter Dragon
14 - Wild Cat of choice
13 - Giraffe
12 - Aquatic creature of choice
11 - Ferret
10 - Normal
9 - Vulpine of choice
8 - Kangaroo mouse
7 - Chinchilla
6 - Serpent
5 - Raven
4 - Reindeer
3 - Stoat
2 - Red Panda
1 - Next to roll controls your fate

Silver Die

20 - Choose as you please
19 - Pure chaos occurs.  Roll twice more, take both effects.
18 - Size altered roll 1d6
17 - You now glow a particular color roll 1d10.
16 - Become a feral of whatever you currently are if applicable.
15 - Become a statue made of a material of your choice
14 - Can now see in the dark and through any illusions
13 - Now made of a living liquid of your choice
12 - Lucky! (Roll twice pick whichever you like)
11 - You are really acrobatic for the day and can jump triple what you'd normally be able to.
10 - Restored to normal ... whatever that means
9 - You grow a pair of horns; their appearance is up to you.
8 - Unlucky! (Whoever rolls next can choose to give the effect to you)
7 - Palette swap. You are changed to a new color your choice and stuck with it for the day. 
6 - You are now plushified, you brought this upon yourself really.
5 - You are dealt a winning hand at the next game you play!  Too bad you are a part of it now.  Become trapped in a playing card, you can still act as normally within it and others outside it can communicate with you.  Can be reversed by someone ripping the card so you can escape.
4 - If you roll the gold die after or during this roll, compound it to whatever you currently are.
3 - You can no longer cast magic for the day if applicable.  Either way, you can do cheap stage magic very well.
2 - You now have a fancy hat.
1 - Your fate is controlled by the next one to roll.

Glowy colors 1d10
1 - neon pink
2 - green
3 - blue
4 - red
5 - purple
6 - orange
7 - gold
8 - black or grey
9 - white
10 - your choice

Size die
1 - shrink 10x
2 - shrink by 4x
3 - shrink by 2x
4 - grow by 3x
5 - grow by 5x
6 - grow by 7x
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:07:54 PM by Caprice »

Niro

• An Odd Occurrence of Abominable Enigma
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:00:14 PM
I'll go ahead and let Caprice take care of the "What each number means" and after they are all figured out I'll give him the exact changes each number gives.  However, I will go ahead and post the rules of the dice here:

The gold die is known as the creature die... it is a solid gold  twenty-faced die with blue runes etched into each of its faces.
The silver die is known as the effects die....it is a solid silver twenty-faced die with red runes etched into each of its faces.
The black die is known as the decision die... it is a solid black obsidian six-sided die with white glaring runes etched into its sides.

When rolling both dice the gold one always lands first... just how I have it weighted.

The black die will only appear if a certain silver outcome is rolled.

The dice can each be rolled three times in a day maximum.  At midnight CST (my midnight) the effects of the dice wear off and the rolls reset.

I keep the dice on me in a dice pouch, so if you want to roll them just make sure I'm on.
(This is just to keep an easy tally of how many times people have rolled them and cut down on the chaos I've caused with these a bit)

There are two special effects for rolling both dice at once...
Double 20's Controlled Reality - Give you the ability to set one effect and creature status to yourself or anyone else (Doesn't even have to be listed on the dice!)
Be warned though this can be countered by magics of other fuzzies so pick your target wisely (For those not wanting to be randomly TF'd )

Double 1's Doomed Reality - When you rolled the dice you took this chance ... its rare but bound to happen.  The last person to roll the die (in case two different people rolled each die)
get to pick an effect that happens to you (for the last who rolled silver) and a creature for you to turn into (for the last that rolled gold).
(These effects and creature also do not have to be from the dice charts!)
In the event you are the first roll of the day... the dice owner, Niro, decides your doomed fate.

In the event the dice are lost I can retrieve them with a whistle.

Pretty sure that covers all the rules of the dice, hope they bring fun and chaos to the chat <3.

If you want post your favorite things the dice have turned you into in this thread XP

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:27:49 AM by Niro »

Keep a positive outlook it will be the blade that cuts through all the negativity in this world.

Talcott

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 10:02:47 PM
Thanks for posting, that really makes the chat roleplay much less confusing.

Anyone else think it's a coincidence that saute rhymes with all day?

Arroavantho

• Illusionist Black Cat
  • Pet the kitty.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 01:59:29 AM
Thanks to these dice, I became a 15-foot tall Ghostlike Living-Liquid Anthro Luxray.  The "Giant Ghostwater Luxray", as I termed it, is basically a triple-type Pokemon.  Best. Roll. Ever.

As a side note, it wasn't that good of a die roll when I first rolled living liquid since I am severely hydrophobic, but the ghost turned the horror into quite the useful combo.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Niro

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 12:17:55 AM
Updating one of the dice rules.  Moving the amount of rolls a day to five each.  This is the max it'll ever go, look forward to a what each number does rework soon.  I'm slowly gathering ideas for each.

Keep a positive outlook it will be the blade that cuts through all the negativity in this world.

Niro

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 07:44:16 AM
Dice have been updated as of 9/26/2015.  A black d6 will appear if certain silver runes are rolled....I'll have Caprice wipe the results when I ever get a hold of him. Til then you won't know what you are getting anymore, enjoy the chaos as always.  [;)   

Also going to drop the roll per day back to 3, the new silver don't overwrite each other and it ends up too chaotic of a mess. This will also help balance one of the new silvers X3
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:27:30 AM by Niro »

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 10:21:47 AM
You realize you can always just ask a mod to wipe/change a post as well =p

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Niro

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 06:28:12 PM
Andddd Dice update on 12/9/2015.  Reality dice 3.0 are done..... MWHAHAHAHAHA Ahem.  Same rules, some black dice are still out there on silver, and let the chaos flow through you.  Have fun ^^

Niro

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 04:04:35 PM
The dice are updated againnn Reality dice 4.0 are up and running.  Have fun, enjoy the chaos, and eat your veggies. Updated on 6/16/16 ... huh ... weird date there .....

Arroavantho

• Illusionist Black Cat
  • Pet the kitty.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 09:06:37 PM
Palindrome Day

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr