Author Topic: Possible Modern-Magic RP  (Read 8321 times)

Arroavantho

• Illusionist Black Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Pet the kitty.
    • View Profile
on: March 03, 2016, 11:11:07 AM
Sooo I've been kicking around an idea for an RP in my head over the past week or so.  More an idea for a setting than a clear concept...  Kind of floating it here to see if there's interest in people doing it in the near future.  

The idea centers around a small rural town or towns in the modern United States (probably the South since that's what I'm familiar with, but I may do something else... dunno really  [:P ).  However there's definitely some unusual magic running amok resulting in monsters derived from objects and living things, warped environs, and other mayhem.  Specifics are kind of unclear at the moment (but yesssss folks furries will be allowed, within some simple constraints. [:P )

I don't know whether I would do this as a single-player Zork-style game kind of like what Tvorsk is doing or if I'd go for a more DnD style game... or something in between (i.e. single player but with dice rolls or something).  Heck I may even do both or multiple storylines if enough people are interested.  If y'all are interested lemme know what kind of game you'd prefer to play, and feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers!

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Talcott

• View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:14:57 AM
I probably prefer DnD style since you have more people to interact with, though Zork style might be a bit easier for people to join if they come in late.

Anyone else think it's a coincidence that saute rhymes with all day?

Selden

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 07:25:07 AM
I think you could use anotter player.  I'll toss my name in the hat.

Tyla: Ty Ty ty Ty Ty Ty
Tyla: we need more tys
Selden: No, no, no. Then we'd need a tybreaker.
* Tvorsk snickers!
Tyla: ...
Tyla: that was...
Tvorsk: Tyla, the word you're looking for is "beautiful". {;)
Virmir: I need to hire Selden as an editor. [;)

Arroavantho

• Illusionist Black Cat
  • Pet the kitty.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 09:37:13 AM
Hmm, seems I have a bit of ottery interest here! :P I'm not sure about a multiplayer session with two people, but I can leave it open to see if more interest arises, if that's what y'all want, or just start it up with two people, or whatever.  There's always single player too!  [:P

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Talcott

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 06:50:31 PM
I can try to poke a few people if you want, see if maybe we can generate more interest.

Anyone else think it's a coincidence that saute rhymes with all day?

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:52:36 PM
Mark me as a maybe. It looks like your party needs an unnamed cannon fodder redshirt.

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

Selden

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 07:20:17 AM
Mark me as a maybe. It looks like your party needs an unnamed cannon fodder redshirt.

Better than cannon otter!

Tyla: Ty Ty ty Ty Ty Ty
Tyla: we need more tys
Selden: No, no, no. Then we'd need a tybreaker.
* Tvorsk snickers!
Tyla: ...
Tyla: that was...
Tvorsk: Tyla, the word you're looking for is "beautiful". {;)
Virmir: I need to hire Selden as an editor. [;)

Arroavantho

• Illusionist Black Cat
  • Pet the kitty.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 09:02:38 AM
Woo!  Maybe a third player!

Caprice

• That guy with the tail
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 04:08:58 PM
I think I miiiiight join in.