Author Topic: New Novella!  (Read 4541 times)

Snow

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
on: December 13, 2015, 12:46:42 PM
http://www.amazon.com/2040-Reconnection-Thousand-Tales-Story-ebook/dp/B0199ERB9U/

I've got a new science fiction novella out! It's about someone who's had their brain uploaded to a virtual world to become a squirrel-lady in digital paradise*, where there are no real problems** and there's no need to worry about your old life***. Can she fit into this new world while keeping in contact with Earth?

*Or "ironic hell" as some people claim
**Besides faction politics, mental modification, and your perception of time becoming a commodity for sale
***So long as you don't mind the system crashing down because you ignored important stuff out there

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 11:02:44 PM
Congrats!  I am so behind on your stuff due to no more train commuting reading time, ha ha--fortunately this increases probability of my buying finished stuff for my Kindle vs. gleaming stuff from TSA-talk when it does come time to catch up. [:)

[fox] Virmir

EccentricOrbit

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 02:35:41 PM
I'm reading the first one in your series. Only 10% in, but liking it so far!

(edit) Your book is eating my weekend. I need to do work! :-P

Your AI seems to be a utilitarian, with a rather simple, if interesting objective function. That could lead strange places. (I'm at 26% of book 1). (Actually, now that I think about it, that objective function isn't all that simple.)

(edit^2) Holy crap! Weekend: gone. This is one of the better sci-fi books I've read all year though. (~56%)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:50:13 PM by EccentricOrbit »

EccentricOrbit

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 07:37:56 PM
I finished your book "Thousand Tales: How We Won the Game". I loved the extremely detailed and interesting philosophy that you've put into the motivations of your characters, the development of your AIs, and the philosophy behind their goals.

Anyway, a wonderful book series. I love all the interesting philosophical details! Keep writing! I'll keep buying it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 07:23:53 PM by EccentricOrbit »