Author Topic: Arm updates  (Read 56679 times)

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #60 on: December 03, 2015, 12:22:31 AM
To provide an update--both arms did noticeably better in November.  November was also the most productive month since the initial injury.  So the new schedule is working well!  The best part is there's not a real need to step things up as I'm pretty much drawing all the time this way anyway.

The schedule has shifted slightly over the course of the month to the following.

Monday- sketch and ink comic with the right hand
Tuesday-Thursday- finish comic entirely with the mouth
Friday- left handed evening (or earlier if I get off work)--also reserve in the case of extra long comics
Saturday- right handed day, sketching and inking only
Sunday- left handed day

As it stands, I have just one more week of stress testing mouth comics before CF is all clear to return to its regular weekly schedule (with a 12 comic strong buffer).  Sketching and inking the comic with the right hand on Mondays has greatly sped up the process, although I've done one comic entirely with the mouth and three or four others partially sketched or inked via mouth to be sure I can do it if need be.

The second stress test is the large list of trades I should be finishing up in a couple of weeks.  Assuming the remainder of this goes smoothly, I'll be able to open up commissions again sometime afterwards (after taking a few weeks break to get some personal projects done).

[fox] Virmir

Foxotcw

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: December 11, 2015, 09:18:15 PM
Congratulations on finding a way around this terrible problem you've had. I had never thought of drawing with one's mouth!

Have you ever tried drawing with your feet (on a digital tablet)?

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #62 on: December 12, 2015, 07:55:41 PM
I did try and it didn't come out as pretty as with the mouth. [;)

[fox] Virmir