Author Topic: Comic 24  (Read 10579 times)

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
on: January 31, 2009, 03:13:22 AM
Poor Lucian, I can see why the poor boy dislikes his father so much...

Oh and the voting incentives are pretty cool too.

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 10:43:52 AM
Ha ha... indeed!

And thanks.  The incentives are fun to make. [:)

[fox] Virmir

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:02:02 PM
Currently, Lucian is struggling between his sense of respect and his own emotions. It is true that he dislikes his father, but he still feels that he has a certain degree of responsibility towards him, and that he should show this even through his dislike of his father's character. His father is interested to see how far he can stretch Lucian's sense of responsibility. That's part of the reason he keeps Emiline off from Lucian. This is so he can further develop the sense of responsiblity of her own emotions to keep better control of her, (than he did with Lucian. But he doesn't feel that Lucian is completely a lost cause.) Perhaps he is planning a rebellion and wants to see what team Lucian will play for? We'll have to wait and see.

As I read the latest comic, I was reminded of a reading I once did for a theology class. The Author stated that Ethics can be either Christian or non-Christian, because both perspectives can lead to the same conclusion about what is moral. The same thing applies here. Magic is accessed through tapping emotions, and what specific emotions you decide to tap does not truly change the reality of the magic. Because what emotions you choose to tap is dependant on your inherant feeling towards those emotions. Therefore, some people(foxes) can better access magic through hate, love, tranquility, fear, or any other emotion(My opinion on the current magic situation). Hm......magic is tricky.

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:32:00 PM
I suspect Emiline is part of Lord Urocyon's plan, especially with the lords reluctance to let Lucian touch her.

BTW, what is Lord Urocyons first name? I sort of remember someone saying it either here or in the shout box, but I couldn't remember where it was mentioned...

Edit: Found it, Julian! (thank goodness for the forum search)  {:)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:34:12 PM by KaiAdin »

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.