Author Topic: Transformation Theater  (Read 95205 times)

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #180 on: August 20, 2015, 09:57:23 PM
HARUPH.  What kind of an underwater market is this?  I would have expected a more readily available magical selection in Atlantis.  Trees.

All right, I'll see if I can find this potion stand, but if they've got nothing good it's obviously time to move on.

Dice Rolls
  • August 20, 2015, 09:57:23 PM: INT - Look for potion stand!
    1d20-2 => 1d20 [3] (3) - 2 = 1
[fox] Virmir

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: August 20, 2015, 11:03:30 PM
Attor does not see why magic items are so important. They already have some. Instead, he thinks it better to inquire about something of frequent use, AKA, weapons. Slither-swimming his way past various stalls, stands, and stores, he peers around to search for some decently sharp things for which he may use to kill things. Also a horned helmet for the annoying seahorse.

Dice Rolls
  • August 20, 2015, 11:03:30 PM: (INT) Look for stabby-stab vendors
    1d20+1 => 1d20 [18] (18) + 1 = 19
It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: August 21, 2015, 12:34:01 PM
(Wow, the mages are utter idiots while the barbaric warrior fish knows his niche. So sad, maybe I should kill off the dumb mages)

Yilin and Virmir both fail to find anything of any use whatsoever. They bump into multiple people on their wild goose chases and generally cause havoc where there should have been none before. The townsmers are pretty sick of the stupid freaks bumbling around in their way. You won't have any time to keep looking anymore, you two.

Attor, on the other hand, knows what to do - in most shapes, the group should be able to handle weapons. He's lucky enough to find a stand that's selling plenty of adventuring weapons and armor, though the latter would probably be useless. As it stands, though, he's separated from his group and could probably only afford a couple of items. There are spears, swords, harpoons, staves, and more. Most are made of stone and metal, cooked closely above a vent - or so the sign above the stand claims. (These vents must be like personal oil wells for the denizens here, you realize, opening a whole new business thanks to the natural environment.) The weapons will likely give a nice bonus to your damage-dealing potential, but you could be unable to use them based on your changing forms. Still, even if you can't use them, you might be able to intimidate some people with them.

(these weapons may roll str or cha, randomly, and may also be unable to be used when you transform, so they'll be iffy. you can buy two since you all split up and Vir and Toast are failures)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: August 21, 2015, 11:53:04 PM
If he were psychic, Yilin would probably have this unexplainable sense of jealous right now that he was struggling while another party member succeeded on the first try.  Though this would be offset by the fact that the irritating sea horse is having just about as much luck as he is right now.  Ignorant of all these things, he just decides it's a good idea to try and search for the group and figure out what's going on.

Dice Rolls
  • August 21, 2015, 11:53:04 PM: INT roll for finding others
    1d20+2 => 1d20 [1] (1) + 2 = 3
🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Draykin

• View Profile
Reply #184 on: August 25, 2015, 09:23:56 PM
Attor, after much consideration and annoying browsing, attempts to purchase a spear and a smaller sword. Nobody else is with him, so that means he gets to pick!

Even for a little while

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #185 on: August 29, 2015, 10:22:19 PM
Eventually, I run into Yilin on the streets.

"You didn't find anything either, huh?" I can tell by his empty handedness and general irritated expression.  "All I got was this red fish."

"Karp, karp..." says the red fish tied to the the leash I'm holding with my fin.

I got him from this shady guy in an alley who kept calling me "boy".

"Karp, karp... magikarp... karp..." says the red fish.

"I think I'll name him Karl."

"Hey."

"Shut up, Karl.  Anyway, the streets of Atlantis are lame.  Let's find Chief No-Pronouns and move on.  I know there's no way he found anything either."

[fox] Virmir

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: September 02, 2015, 08:58:54 PM
Yilin literally bumps into Virmir and knocks him over, which is very hard to do underwater but is somehow accomplished by the two bumbling idiots. In the process the leash Virmir was holding onto comes free from his grip and the fish swims off. While the two of them attempt to untangle their many fins and assorted underwater appendages, Attor comes upon them. Maybe giving the pair of them weapons and items is a poor idea...

But now you've spent all your money and time, and it's time to get going. Allocate your stuff before you head back to the ruins... then you'll go right to something. Fighting, presumably, unless you can somehow talk your way through. Considering your luck so far, probably not.

(And I have college so don't even tell me I was late when Vir took just as much time as me to post)

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #187 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:35 PM
(Heeeey now, kiddo, that last post was just fluff because I had nothing to do.  I didn't think any sort of response was required since you pretty much said our turn was over!  Also when I was in college I had a very strict once per night forum RP post schedule. [;))

"Nooo, Karl!  He only had 14 more levels left too..."

I untangle myself from Yilin and bicker with him in an imaginative, amusing fashion before finally dusting myself off and HARUMPHing.  I don't really have anything to get ready except for the magical item in my cape, which I forgot exactly what it was because that was months ago and I'd have to hit back a few times to find it, but will surely look it up before a critical moment arises.

"Right then, let's just go and get this over with."

[fox] Virmir

Draykin

• View Profile
Reply #188 on: September 04, 2015, 01:47:08 AM
Attor is once again disappointed in the weird seahorse and ice-eel-thing. He does, however, procure a bit of seaweed and ties the sword onto the seahorse's head as a sort of head-mounted stabbing implement.

"There, now seahorse is good for something."

Even for a little while

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: September 04, 2015, 11:00:06 AM
After his imaginative, amusing argument and bickering with the stupid seahorse, Yilin busily sets about untangling himself from the confused mess of aquatic body parts.  "Oh," he says, noting Attor's return, "The freak gang is all back together.  What say we finally get going and try and get rid of all this icky fish... whatever-ness?"

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #190 on: September 04, 2015, 11:09:39 AM
Floating there with a sword strapped to my head, I shift my eyes.

"HA HA HA HA HA," says the prerecorded audience laugh track.

[fox] Virmir

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: September 10, 2015, 12:47:10 AM
Hopefully a seahorse's body will allow Virmir to actually use the sword. His wimpy, tiny, normal arms would probably do no good, but with the neck and head of a powerful animal, he should be able to actually wield it. But it doesn't exactly look dangerous from its spot. (+2 STR for Vir)

Assuming that Attor is going to keep the spear for himself, presumably his background will have acquainted him with how to use a spear. His muscles aren't quite as powerful as a bucking seahorse's neck, but the long, thin shaft to the weapon will let him move about and deflect some attacks. (+1 STR, +1 AGI for Attor)

And Yilin gets nothing. Good job finding the bathroom.

There's no grand parade to see you off or anything - you're just nodded to by some of the citizens near the exit of the market. Despite looking more ridiculous, seahorse-Vir does seem more strong and more like a noble steed for a party of adventurers, no matter how inept and blind they might be. Maybe Yilin should ride him back to the arena, through the currents that pushed and helped you out of the dangerous area. He IS a puny little eel-thing.

You might have to keep your eyes out to avoid getting dropped by those creepy oily-alien skum and their masters. The most INTelligent among you should probably be the one on the watch as you swim near the decrepit arena...

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #192 on: September 10, 2015, 05:57:54 PM
Looking menacing with my head-sword, I lead the group into the murky depths because I am posting first.  I hadn't noticed the current coming the other way, but I cut through it with ease.  It would explain how we accidentally made it to the town.

I'm noticing it's kind of hard to see in the distance with my eyes positioned on the sides of my head like this.  "Hey, one of you two keep watch for evil things.  There are bound to be evil things around here.  They've probably got tentacles." I figure at my current leisurely pace, it will be just a few moments (three days) before I reach the edge of what I can currently see at this moment and need to INT-look myself.

----

STAT CHECKPOINT

STR +2
AGI 0
MAG +4
RES +3
CHA 1
INT -2

Items: Head-sword, invisibility bracelet

[fox] Virmir

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: September 11, 2015, 01:39:08 PM
"No fair, why did the two of you get shiny new gear?" the eel critter grumbles aloud, bubbling in discontent; he really hates it when he does that.  Shaking his head, he keeps close to the others, not wanting to be separated AGAIN.  Seeing as how he is clearly the most intelligent of the group, he vigilantly keeps watch for anything out of the ordinary or suspicious, hoping there isn't some convoluted underwater smokestack or anything else ridiculous in his way again.

Dice Rolls
  • September 11, 2015, 01:39:08 PM: Roll for INT check of surroundings
    1d20+2 => 1d20 [5] (5) + 2 = 7

Draykin

• View Profile
Reply #194 on: September 12, 2015, 09:19:10 PM
NEW STATS GET
STR +0
AGI +4
MAG -2
RES -1
CHA +1
INT +1

Attor baps Yilin on the head with the end of his new spear. "Attor could only afford two! You have freezey-freeze!"

However, the krait-vorzh is keen to his environment, instinctively keeping an eye out for dangers, hazards, threats, and tasty squid.

Dice Rolls
  • September 12, 2015, 09:19:10 PM: (INT) INSTINCTIVE DANGER SENSES
    1d20+1 => 1d20 [17] (17) + 1 = 18
Even for a little while