Author Topic: Transformation Theater  (Read 95204 times)

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #150 on: July 08, 2015, 11:08:30 PM
"Yes...  Yes, you do that, Mike."

[fox] Virmir

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: July 09, 2015, 07:12:08 PM
Mike immediately swims off looking for the nearest window or way out. How far he gets will really depend on how far the chain lets him get and/or if guards try to stop him.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #152 on: July 09, 2015, 09:34:48 PM
I then lean over towards the witch.  "Do we really have to bring him along?"

[fox] Virmir

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #153 on: July 13, 2015, 11:27:42 PM
Although really it has only been a few minutes, somehow it feels like this conversation has been going on for nine days.

[fox] Virmir

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: July 13, 2015, 11:42:35 PM
Yilin fidgits, unable to stop from poking at himself and squiirming in his disconcertingly fleshy and squishy form.  "I'm not traumatized!!" he screams almost hysterically, before huffing... or the underwater equivilent anyway.   

His mood is immediately brightened at Mike's procurement of coin.  "That.  We need more of that, right there!" He grins-or tries to, as the otter-like creature swims off.  "Armor, weapons, food... er... wait," he says, pondering the fact that his diet may have just changed now.  Come to think of it, he's been looking at the smaller fish flowing around and his stomach has been churning oddly... the changed wizard tries not to think of these things!  "I don't suppose custom armor for our different shapes would be easy to come by, would it?"

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: July 14, 2015, 09:31:29 PM
(SORRY that some certain people still haven't responded after more than a week! I can't help that! And besides, I've been making a freaking computer! GOSH!)

The sea witch clears its throat and gestures for everyone to turn back around. "When I asked if you needed anything, I was offering to provide it for you... fine folk. It's to better help you complete what I ask of you, of course. As far as food goes, we have plenty around in the kitchens and it will be provided before you leave. Some feasting, and the rest as rations.

"Now, for armor, I don't believe I can help to provide custom-fitting equipment. I do have some enchanted items that are just lying around, though." They turn around and move to a further back cabinet, retrieving some more items that float around in the water after they've been set out. One appears to be just a small plastic bracelet, but it's the one the witch grabs first. "This one allows you to blend in with the water, which your mount might like for sneaking in. In magi-science terms, it makes your membranes thinner and the fluids will course through you better. It's adjustable, in case you become some tiny worm or something... though it'll look more like a strung tie then.

"This other one," they say, swinging a stick tipped with a dull blue gem, "can manipulate the thickness of biological forms and ISOLATED liquids, so it won't work on the ocean entirely. You can slow down an enemy by subtly thickening them up, like a weak petrification."

The last item out there spins around on its own, like a malfunctioning compass or a yo-yo stuck in a whirlpool. "I never did quite manage to figure out how this one works. That leads me to believe it's sort of like a mind-fryer. If you look at it too long, your thoughts dull down and you lose plenty of your thought processes." The witch shudders and pushes it away with a finny hand. "Take it, please. Just don't look at it too much."

An awkward moment of silence ensues as the witch glances up to their turban, looking like they're considering giving it up, then shakes their head. You might be able to convince them to part with it.

"The food will be provided downstairs; I've already let them know. The gold will come from the treasury, meaning we'll bring it to you after you're finished eating. Now, uh, go ahead and conquer, or whatever you do. I hope you come back with even more interesting forms and items."

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #156 on: July 14, 2015, 10:28:24 PM
(KILL OFF people who do not respond!  We don't like them anyway.)

"M-mount? ... HARUMPH." I take the bracelet in my teeth.  It might be useful, though, considering I'm not exactly inconspicuous.  Bending my neck like a professional pony, I slip it into my cape for later use.

Once everyone is ready to go, I head out with the others to attend the banquet.  "There better be mermaids serving seafood salad..." I grumble.

[fox] Virmir

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: July 15, 2015, 03:08:11 AM
Attor nods at the magical items. "Armor no good if grow too big or small to use, yes." He takes the wand, and after thinking for a moment, the mind-fryer, too, before Mike can grab it and lose his entire mind to the thing. "Many thanks for knowledge and possessions. Hopefully to be thankful for good food, too."

When he moves to leave for the food, he turns to the dumb seahorse. "What is salad? Is meaty?"

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: July 15, 2015, 08:44:26 PM
Mike comes back having been unable to escape. He swims up to the others and reports, "Sad to report fish have grown devious. They have made force field to keep me away. Will try later. Can still get things with no fish maybe?"

It is an exceedingly good thing Attor has already tucked the spinny thing out of sight because Mike would have definitely fixated on that.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #159 on: July 15, 2015, 10:32:43 PM
"They might give us fish, Mike.  Don't worry about it."

I then turn to the other guy, "You don't know what a salad is?  Trees...  Usually not.  Although sometimes the weird ones do.  We're in Atlantis, so it's probably going to be a weird one."

[fox] Virmir

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: July 20, 2015, 09:09:57 PM
Yilin makes a strange expression of some kind; he wanted the mind fryer!

"I suppose he'll take the bracelet," he bubblemutters, taking it slowly but firmly.  "Banquet, you say?  That's something I could sink my teeth into.  I can't actually remember the last time I ate!" he starts trying to walk off, though he just ends up swimming awkwardly about.  He refuses to indulge in swimming the proper way, that his form is meant to swim like, as that would just be giving in!  Besides, he's too busy thinking about dinner!

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #161 on: July 26, 2015, 10:13:22 PM
Even though it has only been a few minutes, somehow it feels like we have been swimming to the banquet for 12 days.

[fox] Virmir

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: July 28, 2015, 06:33:35 PM
(I'M WELL AWARE, I had a birthday and things happen and I'm officially an adult and I'm prepping for college so sorry >.>)

With the new items in hand, the guards seem a little more hesitant to accompany you. Clearly there's some sort of fear for what the sea witch carries. Could be because of its apparent lack of gender or the odd confidence it had with everything it did. Oh well, at least it earns you some more respect with those buffoons.

The banquet is carried out in a massive hall in a manner that surfacers would be unused to - big bubbles float around, near the ceiling, with different types of meals and orders inside of them. There are meat trays, salad trays, desserts, and plenty more. A lot of the dishes seem pretty... exotic, but there are still normal foods to enjoy, like simple fish. After getting the food from up above in the bubbles (maybe they're preserved for freshness or something?) the merfolk come back down near the floor and communicate while they enjoy their meal. You should probably do the same, you think. Luckily none of them come by to bother you during the whole encounter.

After you've all finished, the same pair of guards that brought you down come back to you with... three sacks of gold. One of them clears their throat, a weird goat-ish looking one. "The, urm, small otter thing is to remain with us." He glances to his partner awkwardly. "He'll serve as a, uh, servant of sorts for the sea witch."

They grab Mike and quickly dismiss themselves, leaving you to an empty feasting hall with scraps of food and new, heavy sacks of riches.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #163 on: July 28, 2015, 10:13:36 PM
"... Well, that's one down.  I mean-- *ahem* Yes, unfortunate we will be traveling with one less companion.  Clearly that one would have been an asset to the team.  Yes."

That wasn't a bad salad, either.

I then rummage through the coin purse with my stubby seahorse fins, counting the goods.  "I suppose we should stop in town to see if we can buy anything useful.  Unless you two have any better ideas before heading back to Evil Tentacle Stadium."

[fox] Virmir

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: July 30, 2015, 08:33:43 PM
<<Just for a better explanation, I already talked with Medik about this, but I've got some RL stuff going on and I am really down on my desire to do RP stuff. That's why I asked him to pull me out of the story. Sorry to ditch but I'd have just been holding things up otherwise. Good luck and hope you guys are able to have fun continuing.>>

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.