Author Topic: Transformation Theater  (Read 96709 times)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: June 07, 2015, 11:41:35 PM
Turning to the aquatic creature beside him, Yilin can at least regard him as someone who wasn't affected by that... voice and heebyjeeby magic.  "Maybe that spell they were zapped by messed with his head.  I don't even think he can think clearly.  Doesn't it sound like he's just talking to himself?  Or is he just *that* vain?"

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #91 on: June 08, 2015, 05:39:07 PM
(HARUMPH.)

Suddenly, I notice that one hairless ape following me--wait a minute--

"You there!" I swim up to him and point in his face.  "I'm on to you--don't think you can get past me!  If you try any of your crazy cult stuff, I'm gonna cook your insides and serve them as stew!"

While choking to death, I noticed him using some extremely dark magic.  I mean, eldritch tentacles are somewhat annoying with the oily cursing and all, but these guys are the real deal.  They're trying to increase the size of the polar icecaps and crush the earth in between them.  They are able to solidify water into a deadly substance.  Nasty, nasty stuff.  It's unlikely he's working for the tentacles (since this cult is pretty much the enemy of everyone), but I'll still have to keep an eye on him.  It's possible he's an agent sent in retaliation for that one incident involving the sun and the Lens of Colossal Truth.

I nod a HARUMPH at him and then turn to the fish man--presumably his henchman.  "And who are you calling dumb?  USE BLASTED PRONOUNS!!!  TREES."

While swimming away, I pass the random otter who also got eldritch-tentacle-cursed.  I feel like I should name him since up to a few moments ago he was just a random otter and probably still doesn't have any intelligence or feelings anyway.

"Call him Mike," suggested Karl.

Mike...  That is the stupidest name imaginable.  It's perfect for an otter.

"I don't know about you, Mike, but I'm going to find a seedy Atlantisonian pub to figure out how to get un-cursed, because that's the thing you do when you need information about evil oppressive entities that have taken over the local district."

"You...  you took my suggestion..." said Karl as I swam away, voice quivering.

"Are you crying again, Karl?"

"It's just that I've been whispering suggestions to you for 30 minutes now and you haven't taken a single one...  I'm so happy. *sniff*"

"Karl, stop it.  You're embarrassing me."

[fox] Virmir

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: June 08, 2015, 11:30:15 PM
Mike looks to the two not-foxes in the party and agrees, "Strange." He'll be following them for the most part, looking around at the surroundings as he tries to sort through fragmented memories of his time as a familiar in a place not too unlike this. Come to think, there was a voice in his head then too, though that one was clearer. More solid. And also more cruel. He likes these voices better he thinks.

((I work weekends so I've been a little busy these past few days. I'll have a better and more voluminous post once I have more time for it.))

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #93 on: June 09, 2015, 07:53:44 PM
((I'm not part of this at all, but thought you should all know I'm enjoying reading it as you go. :P ))

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: June 10, 2015, 09:01:54 PM
Immediately Yilin takes a strong dislike to the ugly fox's tone.  Stupid web pawed... demon possessed vulpine.  Deciding to just give him a bit of a lesson he twirls his hands lightly and forms an icicle behind the storming off fox.  Twirling the magic around in his fingers, he uses it to jab the fox's behind with sharp spire of frozen water.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #95 on: June 10, 2015, 10:36:07 PM
"O-OWWWWWW!!!!!  SON-OF-A-BLASTED-TREES-FORSAKEN-OWW-OW-OWWW!!!  You just attacked me!!  Did you see that?  He just ATTACKED me!"

"Looks like we may have to interact with this character," suggested Karl.

Absolutely not going to take this, I waved my hands and swirl the water around this cold-cult cretin, creating a vortex of superheated water!

Dice Rolls
  • June 10, 2015, 10:36:07 PM: MAG attack on Member of Darkest Cult A
    1d20+4 => 1d20 [4] (4) + 4 = 8
[fox] Virmir

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: June 11, 2015, 12:45:34 PM
Mike is currently eyeing a merchant stall selling shiny stones when the loud fox gets louder, pulling his attention back to the others. Whoops, they seem to have gotten quite a bit a ways away! He hurries to keep up, but as he does the fox gets really angry and tries to cast a spell that doesn't do much. Suddenly memories snap into place. Yes! An inept mage who is full of himself! Mike remembers this! He also remembers... a collection of other things like sitting on the mage's shoulder. Maybe... maybe if he sits on this mage's shoulder he will remember more!

Dice Rolls
  • June 11, 2015, 12:45:34 PM: Agi roll to try to sit on Virmir's shoulder.
    1d20+3 => 1d20 [17] (17) + 3 = 20
Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: June 11, 2015, 01:41:08 PM
Yilin's first response is to snerk aloud.  "Attacked!?  You call that an attack your mange covered hairball?  Poor baby got his butt poked by a tiny piece of ice, boohoo-oh crap," he says as he feels the heat magic start to superheat the water around him.  Quickly he braces himself!

Flailing around as the surrounding water boils him, Yilin screams bloody murder.  Desperate for a solution, he flails and quickly points at Attor nearby.  "Stupid fox!  HE was the one who egged me on to do it!!" he lies, hoping to convince the mangy animal to focus on another target.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:50:40 PM by Radioactive_Toast »

Dice Rolls
  • June 11, 2015, 01:41:08 PM: Resistance against Virmir's Magic
    1d20+2 => 1d20 [1] (1) + 2 = 3
  • June 11, 2015, 01:50:40 PM: Attempt to roll Yilin's CHA against Vir's INT
    1d20-2 => 1d20 [7] (7) - 2 = 5

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #98 on: June 11, 2015, 06:38:03 PM
"You miserable, conniving, blasted--"

Dice Rolls
  • June 11, 2015, 06:38:03 PM: AGI - Gah! Getting sat on is unfair!
    1d20-1 => 1d20 [19] (19) - 1 = 18
  • June 11, 2015, 06:38:03 PM: INT - Defense against dark cult trickery
    1d20 => 1d20 [14] (14) = 14
[fox] Virmir

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #99 on: June 11, 2015, 06:46:45 PM
" --don't think you can pass your crimes off on your henchman!  I'll-- GRRK--!"

At that moment I am sat on by an otter.  Normally, being under water, this would not be a significant problem due to buoyancy, however this happens to be a magically enhanced otter of some sort and thus, in addition to being larger, has a bit more force in his under water leaps than expected.  The result has me pinned down flat on the sea floor.  "MMMPH!!!"

[fox] Virmir

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: June 11, 2015, 10:03:18 PM
Hmm... nope. This doesn't at all feel familiar. The mage is too small and Mike can't fit onto his shoulder properly, no matter how much he tries to settle. He huffs after a moment, looking into the fox's face with mild irritation. "You are small."

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: June 12, 2015, 11:06:57 PM
Attor glares at the dumb mage that isn't fuzzy, striking an aggressive pose and baring his fangs.

"No! You no blame me! I do nothing! You do stupid cold water trick and poke dumb grey thing!"

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: June 12, 2015, 11:51:24 PM
Rolling his eyes at the Attor creature's response, Yilin can only blink as the otter... thing for no discernable reason hops on the fox's shoulders and attempts to perch himself there.  Quite pissed off now, and seeing an oppritunity to kick the loud mouthed canid while he's down, Yilin hurries over to the side of the fox... and gives him a good mean kick!

Dice Rolls
  • June 12, 2015, 11:51:24 PM: SUPER PATHETIC KICK OF DOOM
    1d20-2 => 1d20 [2] (2) - 2 = 0

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #103 on: June 13, 2015, 10:26:02 PM
"Small?!  I'll give you small, you blasted--"

Seeing the accursed cult member charge me, I attempt to throw the otter off and swim out of the way!

Dice Rolls
  • June 13, 2015, 10:26:02 PM: AGI - Move it!
    1d20-1 => 1d20 [2] (2) - 1 = 1
[fox] Virmir

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #104 on: June 13, 2015, 10:31:01 PM
Just *barely* dodging the not very spectacular looking, but probably lethal doom kick, and finding myself within very close quarters of the evil cultist, I begin slapping at his face repeatedly!

Dice Rolls
  • June 13, 2015, 10:31:01 PM: STR - Multiple face slaps upon Darkest Cult Member A
    1d20-1 => 1d20 [2] (2) - 1 = 1
[fox] Virmir