Author Topic: Transformation Theater  (Read 96456 times)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: June 03, 2015, 08:31:27 PM
Yilin fumes, why is there nothing sharp and point-... he stops, slowly grins, and starts working his ice magic again, forming a long, sharp ended icicle to impale the remaining vorzh from behind!

Dice Rolls
  • June 03, 2015, 08:31:27 PM: SHARP POINTY ICICLE OF DEATH
    1d20+3 => 1d20 [11] (11) + 3 = 14
🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: June 03, 2015, 08:40:36 PM
The bloodlust may have made the little krait go somewhat insane at the moment, and he swings wildly at his one attacker, oblivious to any attempts by the magic-man to try anything.

Dice Rolls
  • June 03, 2015, 08:40:36 PM: BITE TEAR RIP (STR vs Vorzh 2 AGI)
    1d20-1 => 1d20 [10] (10) - 1 = 9
It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: June 03, 2015, 09:59:12 PM
The final enemy seems to finally be experiencing a bit of fear as the human and krait close in on it. It especially doesn't seem to like the looks of the icicle Yilin has, but it finds it difficult to dodge both attacks at once. It's all it can do to try and duck below the swipe and icicle at the same time, and it's possible that a good enough dodge could lead to Yilin stabbing at Attor instead.

(ALSO it helps if you tell me what damn stats you're using in your rolls so I know what I'M supposed to roll you dumb dragon)

Dice Rolls
  • June 03, 2015, 09:59:12 PM: Vorzh 2 AGI vs. Yilin STR
    1d20+1 => 1d20 [14] (14) + 1 = 15
  • June 03, 2015, 09:59:12 PM: Vorzh 2 AGI vs. Attor STR
    1d20+1 => 1d20 [1] (1) + 1 = 2

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: June 03, 2015, 10:18:47 PM
The vorzh focuses so much on dodging the icicle attack that it can't manage to avoid the claws and teeth of Attor. It ends up being calamari for the krait, and it seems that the squidy vorzh must be quite tasty.

With all the enemies handled in one way or another, that big, tentacley mass from above "speaks" to you in your minds again. "Traitorous party defeat. Trespasser party victory. Trespasser party will be restored."

That last word seems to linger in your heads for a while. Attor and Yilin feel their strength returning, like they had never been involved in a life-or-death situation in the first place. Any wounds or annoyances suffered in the fight completely disappear from their bodies. There aren't any problems for them, it seems.

But Mike and Virmir are not left alone by the great-tentacles-in-the-sky. Their bodies rise up somewhat in the water, shifting around. Mike is brought from a feral state to a more anthro-ish posture, though he remains an otter... for now. Their wounds are healed and their blood is returned to where it should be. They aren't left alone, though - their bodies begin to secrete an oily, black-purple substance, and the X's that Virmir has for eyes turn red, as do Mike's. Their paws gain new webbing, and they gain frilly fins and gills along their bodies.

"Old forms incapable of combat," the big arena spectator "says." "Proven this. Remedied."

It does seem like the bodies are a little more flexible and durable (+1 STR, +1 AGI for Mike and Virmir), given their better accommodation to the water, and the oil has a natural resistance against most every magic (+2 RES). But the odd bodies do seem more tied to... Eldritch forces, like whatever that thing is above. Their magic seems more powerful because of it (+1 MAG) but as they regain consciousness they can feel more odd whispers and callings from deep, dark entities in the oceans. It's hard to think and concentrate while their thoughts are constantly invaded (-1 CHA, -1 INT).

With just a thought from the tentacle-y mass, the weapons and spikes over the arena are pulled away and the skum fly down to pick off the leftovers. "Trespasser party free." Some of the skum bump into your group, but they don't pick any fights with you.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: June 03, 2015, 10:34:16 PM
(It was magic!  When would my character possibly use strength except when I was being deliberately self ironic? =p)

Hearing the pronouncement, Yilin blinks before belatedly pumping his fists into the air.  Er, water.  "Yeah, come and take us on again, bastards.  I'll ice your bladders frozen!" he crows, even as he feels his cuts and bruises swirl away.  Breathing deep as he feels a WHOLE lot better with the absence of the large hole in his gut, the human's attention is snatched above.

Viewing the changes that are happening to the fox and the otter, Yilin can't help but grimace and yet feel oddly approving.  First thought is that they'll be better at dealing with the water that way.  But obviously... being changed against their will in this fashion, and this creepy voice.

"Hey, who are you anyway?  What is this?  What right do you have to go around changing people's bodies without consent? .... even if that makes them better at living in the water, but still!"

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #80 on: June 03, 2015, 11:42:14 PM
GGRK-- Ohhhh, blast it.  I hate it when this happens.

"Hey, is that it?  Aren't you going to serve us seafood salad now?" I inch away from the skum moving about as they are looking a bit more creepy than I am feeling right now.  "You guys aren't going to start singing, are you?"

Grumbling, I kick at an invisible rock I imagine flowing in the currents with my webby foot.  Obviously, now I'm going to have to kill the giant tentacled mass in order to restore my true form.  In order to do that, I am going to have to collect more information on it.  Which means I am going to have to find a seedy underwater pub full of pirate sahagins and mermaid waitresses.  I sigh audibly, bubbles coming from my mouth and gills.  "Atlantis just keeps going down and down hill."

I swim away, looking to get out of this crazy underwater death trap coliseum and all these weird aquatic things.  Maybe I can find an underwater shower to get this oily stuff off...

---------

STAT CHECKPOINT

STR -1
AGI -1
MAG +4
RES +2
CHA -1
INT 0

[fox] Virmir

Draykin

• View Profile
Reply #81 on: June 04, 2015, 02:55:45 PM
Attor rips and tears at the last squidy vorzh as his senses come back to him, and he observes as the two fallen ones are revived and altered. Interesting, how they are changed.. Maybe there is a way for Attor to become big and strong so that he doesn't have to rely on a group of creatures that half of them even fail to do anything of real use? He cleans his fangs with his tongue.

But then again, something about them seems... different. Oily. Doesn't look nice, or tasty. Though it might be. Maybe. Attor looks up at the tentacles above, and feels small. Small and insignificant. He has no idea what is up there, and maybe he shouldn't ask.

"Hunt-pack different now. Maybe survive, yes? Maybe not die stupidly?" The krait swishes his tail around. "Changes good, right?"

Even for a little while

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: June 04, 2015, 05:08:35 PM
Mike opens his eyes slowly, different parts of his body twitching. "Hazy..." he mutters, and is then confused. Was he always able to talk? Was his body always... this way? He is distracted a moment by the sound of words he cannot quite understand. As if he could just focus right... something bumps into him and the feeling is lost, bringing him back to reality with a mild snarl of surprise, ready for something attacking him. When the thing just leaves him alone he looks at it in confusion.

Last he saw one such as that they stuffed him in a bag. But... it was bigger then. Not so small. As he gazes around he realizes that everything is smaller. Not so much, but... yes. Smaller. He tries to figure out why this is, but a voice whispers that it is not important and he forgets the thought, spotting the others he remembers being captured with. He drifts over to the krait and looks at him with tilted head. "... good? What... good?"

---------------------------

Stat Checkpoint cause that's a good idea:

STR -2
AGI +3
MAG +1
RES +6 (AoE), -2 (Targeted)
CHA +0
INT -2

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: June 05, 2015, 12:14:28 AM
(Well geez, Vir seems like he knows where he wants to go, so unless you guys need some direction, I'm going to leave you to some character interaction until you're all ready to progress. You guys reach some consensus on what to do and I'll be ready)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: June 05, 2015, 12:21:21 AM
Yilin blinks.  "'Hunt-pack?'" he says incredulously to the beast nearby.  "Who said anything about a pack here?  For that matter, why are even together?  Did this disembodied jerk of a voice just decide to drag us all together for no other reason than we 'tresspassed?'  Because this all sounds pretty riduculous to me.  For that matter, didn't we just WIN that battle?  Where's the door?  I want out.  Right now!"

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: June 05, 2015, 10:36:48 AM
Mike turns his red gaze to Yilin and then looks up at the 'I want out'. He'll slowly look up at the disappearing blades and repeat, "... out," as he swipes his tail for a little momentum and starts drifting upwards.The whispers have quieted down some for now, though surely they will return. In the meanwhile these other three seem to want to go somewhere and for reasons he can't explain he wants to stay with them for a while longer. Something about... his past. About the way he was before. Yes, that's right. He remembers being with them before. So he will stay with them now while he continues to remember.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #86 on: June 06, 2015, 05:30:58 PM
"Thosssse people are not your friendssss..." whispers Karl, the eldritch voice inside my head.  "They only wisssh to ssssteal your glory..."

"Oh, you don't have to play the paranoia game to try to drive a wedge between any relationships I may have.  I don't even know them.  I hate most people, anyway."

"...  You must worsssship the tentacled ssssea god?"

"You're new at this, aren't you, Karl?"

"Stop calling me Karl!"

"You forgot to lisp there, Karl."

"You're not even taking me seriously!  I am supposed to drive you mad!"

"You're slightly less annoying than my tinnitus, to be honest. ...  Karl?  Are you...  crying?  Karl, look, it's okay--"

"It's my first day, all right!?"

"Look, it wasn't that bad--"

"I thought there would be training or something, but they just threw me in head first--"

"That rasping snake voice was pretty authentic, really."

"You-you really think so?"

"Sure.  Very ...  eldritchy. You should be in voice acting."

"Mother says that's an unrealistic career goal."

"Well, everyone has to start somewhere."

"She wanted me to get into oracle-speaking.  Can you believe it?  Oracles!"

"It sounds pretty tough in the world of disembodied voices.  Look, I'll buy you a drink once we find the underwater pub. ...  Karl?  Are you there?  Karl?  Karl?  Kaaarl?  Karl.  Karl.  Karl.  Karl--" 

[fox] Virmir

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: June 07, 2015, 11:25:19 PM
(So when I said character interaction, I meant interaction, not ACTION. So Vir, you're doing NO GOOD! I guess I just grab the reins then)

Seeing as Virmir has already decided on some spot to head to, the rest of the group doesn't really have much of a choice but to follow after the changed-fox. He seems to be taking it well, and the change appears to be pretty beneficial for Mike, considering it gave him the ability to better think and communicate. Maybe the eldritch's intentions were noble, or the plan backfired. Oh well.

The nearest settlement seems to be made up of mainly merfolk, meaning that the vast majority of the population is going to be pompous, rich, and powerful in terms of magic and connections. For as lined as the people there might be, the town does seem to be a little run-down. Maybe it was initially a surface-town that was bought out or otherwise taken from the initial inhabitants. Perhaps thanks to those first dwellers, there is a rather seedy tavern lying near the outskirts of the town. Some merfolk still pass through it.

(SO NOW, do more INTERACTIONS so you people can actually learn each others' names and learn what your goals are or something. I don't know what you want!)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: June 07, 2015, 11:35:18 PM
Yilin immediately grumbles, seeing the fox run off and the others follow after.  As much as he would rather be away from the others... he is rather sort of lost and without bearing.

"Hey!  Hey you!  Loud grumbling gray fox!" he shouts after the canid.  "Where are you even running off to?  Why are you talking to yourself?  Do you even know where you're going!?"

Draykin

• View Profile
Reply #89 on: June 07, 2015, 11:38:37 PM
Attor shrugs at the dumb air-breather as he follows after the other air-breather turned non-air-breather, the grey one. It isn't too hard to catch up to the fox as he talks to himself either.

"Dumb grey thing, what are you doing? You even know where you going? Attor doesn't think you do."

Even for a little while