Author Topic: Transformation Theater  (Read 96520 times)

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #165 on: August 05, 2015, 11:03:15 PM
(*Pokes the other two remaining players* Come on, guys, let's keep this thing moving.  I can understand Medik taking a week since he is running everything, but the rest of us only need to cook up a few lines of dialogue and make a few decisions. 

And no worries, Kit!  Hopefully in-character Virmir did not frighten you away, he he he)

[fox] Virmir

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: August 07, 2015, 05:09:51 PM
For the most part, Yilin started out rather enthusiastic about the meal.  Then came the part where they kept trying to serve him live... squirming things.  He had long ago given up the thought of hot, cooked food, ever since he left the surface, but there were standards that he had as far as his underwater food went!  That including making sure that it was *dead*.  No squirming, wiggling, and preferably not very slimy...

The worst part though was when he tried to eat more "normal" food.  Apparently it kept getting caught in his throat causing him to cough it up; having lost most of his teeth and having his digestion system rearranged made it nearly impossible to eat like he could before.  He practically couldn't eat anything unless it was fresh and slid down his throat. 

Needless to say, the man turned eel didn't actually get around to eating very much.  Mostly he just sat in the corner, folding his arms, bubblemumbling to himself.  In fact he was rather eager once the whole thing ended.  Also a plus that strange, creepy otter critter was no longer accompaniying them, so that made things a little more tolerable.  Now if only the seahorse could get eaten...

"Well, what else could we buy that we haven't already been provided with?  Unless we could maybe find some alchemical ingredients for Undying Fire..." (OOC: thing Greek Fire).

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #167 on: August 07, 2015, 11:05:15 PM
"Hmmm...  I suppose we won't find anything better than these magical items.  Although undying fire might be useful considering we are up against some sort of crazy tentacled monstrosity.  Could be useful-- If you two can spread it, I can light it up."

[fox] Virmir

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: August 08, 2015, 12:58:15 AM
Attor greedily swallows down whole chunks of food. Literally swallows. Snakes don't chew or anything silly like that. He doesn't seem to care much about what he is eating, more that he is just eating. That was Attor's mindset during the feast. Nom nom nom, etc.

He has no idea what this 'undying fire' is, though, and prefers to just stuff his face rather than ask. However, he does add in that; "Could buy things for stabbing and ripping, yes. Or pointy helmet for seahorse. That way can be useful."

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: August 08, 2015, 01:50:53 AM
Fiddling with the bracelet he had picked up (though not at all certain how he's supposed to wield the dang thing), Yilin ponders.  "Well, they said they couldn't provide us with custom armor, so likely we're going to have to find some kind of forger"

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #170 on: August 08, 2015, 09:14:14 PM
"Let's at least take a look around town first to see what's available."

This might be a good opportunity to test my own magic trinket, in case we need to enter an underwater china shop and there are no sea horses allowed or something like that.

[fox] Virmir

artdragon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: August 09, 2015, 01:38:24 PM
Hi, I'm new here. Can you tell me guys what this is about here exactly?

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: August 09, 2015, 01:46:54 PM
This is an extended RP that Medik set up months ago.  Some people put their names forward on the first page, and Medik picked them, so we've been engaged in a private RP where he is a sort of GM who guides us along.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: August 13, 2015, 09:47:41 PM
At other times Yilin might find the sea horse's demeanor so offputting that he'd just refuse to deal with him, but right now moving on so that he can get out of this *disgusting* form is the priority above all other priorities.  "Fine fine, let's just get on with it," as he swims downstairs, discomforted by just how naturally swimming in this body is starting to feel.  He certainly hopes he isn't getting used to this!

Hurrying down, barely waiting for the others to catch up, Yilin immediately begins scanning the "streets" of the city, darting his altered gaze up and down searching for shops of relevance.

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: August 15, 2015, 01:38:33 PM
Attor is uneasy about this 'shopping' thing. Usually he obtained by trade within his old pack, and he never asked where the others got stuff from. He doesn't really see much need to hurry, either, taking it slow and wandering about.

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: August 16, 2015, 10:53:07 PM
The idea behind not being given armor would probably be your changing shapes. Since you might not always have a skeleton or a tail or two arms, it might not be good to spend money on items that could end up being useless in the future.

That said, there is food to pack up, and numerous trinkets that you could scrounge around for, given time. You each have about enough to afford an expensive and exotic item, but not much beyond that. Maybe a potion instead.

(you can roll int or cha now to see if you can get an idea of the layout of the place or talk around to find a hotspot)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: August 16, 2015, 11:03:00 PM
Throwing up his claws into the air, Yilin grumblebubbles, an annoying feature of his form that only irritates him more with the passage of time.  "I don't suppose anyone in this underwater backwater could possibly understand the secrets behind shifting morphic armor..." he mutters, looking around.  He tries swimming upward to the top of the district, to get a better view of what's around.

Somehow, despite being UNDERWATER, they have some equivilent of smokestacks down here, or something anyway that sends up black waste floating up to the surface, very much obscuring Yilin's view of his surroundings!

[edit: that was an INT roll]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:25:02 AM by Radioactive_Toast »

Dice Rolls
  • August 16, 2015, 11:03:00 PM: I spy...
    1d20+2 => 1d20 [3] (3) + 2 = 5

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #177 on: August 16, 2015, 11:10:53 PM
Bleh, I hate markets because of the crowds.  At least I'm anonymous in a crowd though.  While the eel guy makes a fuss, I swim up to a vendor to ask around.

"Hey, you!  Got any enchanted items for sale?  Know anyone around here that does?"

Dice Rolls
  • August 16, 2015, 11:10:53 PM: CHA - Smooth talker item inquiry
    1d20+1 => 1d20 [9] (9) + 1 = 10
[fox] Virmir

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: August 20, 2015, 12:19:56 AM
Yilin, being dazed and still unused to his form and the new surroundings, completely flounders around and fails to locate anything useful besides the lavatory. Many of the passerby give the freaky eel a wide berth.

Virmir has little more success. He seems to have found a particularly clueless vendor. "Oh, I'm just watching the stand for my brother. I'm just here to help him move in for the week. I haven't bothered learning much of the place. I think there might be some potion stand somewhere near the eel jerky vendor, though. But, uh..." He leans in close. "If someone is selling magic stuff in a wide open spot like this, it's probably bottom of the barrel, don'tcha think?"

He coughs, clears his throat, THEN pulls back and puts on a wide smile to try and lure some people over for flame-vent-cooked pastries.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: August 20, 2015, 09:40:03 PM
Yilin grumbles trying to swim farther away, "coughing" with his gills as he tries to find something else, maybe in the higher, loftier districts away from all this clutter and filth

Dice Rolls
  • August 20, 2015, 09:40:03 PM: INT roll for finding stuffs!
    1d20+2 => 1d20 [2] (2) + 2 = 4