Author Topic: Rogueport's Guardian, Part 1 ( Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door)  (Read 3520 times)

RailsDS95

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Here's an awesome story done by me! There are two parts to this story.

It was a normal day on the weekend for me, Tendo, or, at least, I thought it was. I've never had a normal day since my life was changed forever that sunday. If I had a choice, I would've gone back to change the one mistake I made that fateful day. My name now, is Fleshtail. I'm a guardian for Rogueport now. I'll tell you the story about the one mistake I made that changed my whole being.

I awoke on sunday morning, eager to play my DSI XL in the kitchen until my parents were awake. I've always looked forward to sunday because of video games. To me, video games were my whole life, or Nintendo games, that is. I've been playing games made from this company for as long as I can remember! Its almost as if my destiny is linked to Nintendo somehow. However, that can only happen if it isn't too early. I pushed the button on my clock to turn on it's light so that I could see the time. I silently cursed to myself. It was 1 ‘o clock AM.

‘ This is WAY too early!’ I thought to myself. Even though I could hardly wait to start, I knew better than to get up this early. I sighed and rolled over in an attempt to get back to sleep.

I thought it had not worked, so I got up to see if I needed to empty my system. Right when I got out the doorway, though, I had plunged into water!

‘ It must’ve worked!’ I thought, ‘ I must be asleep, now, dreaming.’ Random things passed by me as I swam with my tail, (Realizing then that I was an anthromorphic orca), along the length of the flooded hallway. To my right, Bowser’s koopa kid, Larry, was choking Luigi while a Hypnobrai snake from ninjago named ‘Scales’ vored them both down. To my left, Kirby was as fat as a beanbag and being sat on by an anthromorphic orca. Somehow, I had recognized her as Caylee, my girlfriend. She waved me over to her with. My body refused to obey my actions, however, and had kept on swimming down the hall into a bright doorway.

I woke up in shock and had sat right up, sweaty and breathing fast. My shaky hand pushed the light button on my clock to see the time. It was 5:40 AM. I slowly got off of my bed and opened my door. I made some effort to close the door as quietly as I could.

I tiptoed down the hall, remembering how real the orca had been in my dream. I shuddered as I remembered that every once and awhile, a dream can somewhat predict the future. I finally got to the kitchen. I picked up my DSI XL, thinking, Its go time!’

A few hours later, I was starting up the Wii. I was going to play a gamecube game called, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door,’ and I have been trying to complete ‘The Pit of 100 Trials’, both for star points and to fight the last of the demon's pets, Bonetail. I had gotten, ‘ Game Over,’ several times, some super close to no.90 like no.80, but that didn't stop me from trying again and again. Now, I felt I had prepared correctly for it this time. I picked up the gamecube controller and braced myself to do my best to do this.

Now this part is gonna be from the point of view of the game character, Mario, in 2nd-person.

As Mario came out of the pipe coming from no.98, he sighed in relief as he saw that no.99 was a checkpoint. There was the last unopened treasure chest, a pipe leading to the entrance, and a switch block for bringing up the final pipe leading to no.100.

“The air is incredibly musty and old-smelling here, Mario,” Goombella said with a huff, “ I'm not sure if we should stay here for long.” Mario, however, had been revitalizing everyone with mushrooms and had just given her one. She huffed as she consumed it. After all that effort, it was only natural to regain energy.

After figuring out the best badges to use for the Final battle, Mario felt it was best to switch Bobbery out instead of Goombella. She had not agreed because he was not using the badge, ‘Peekaboo’, and what was down there might be nothing like they had ever faced before. Mario then readily admitted that Bobbery was a bad idea. Goombella had advised against using the badge, ‘Quick Change’, because she had said it wasn't worth the badge points needed to use it.

Goombella said that they should move on now because they were just about prepared and because she was tired of the musty smell and wanted to get out of there. Mario agreed on the prepped part, but not so much on the smell. He had gotten used to it.

Mario hit the switch to reveal the pipe. It came up quickly.

“ This is it, Mario,” Goombella warned, “ Brace yourself for even a dragon!” With that, Mario entered the pipe. When Mario came out the other end of the pipe, he landed in what seemed to me a pile of bones. Even Goombella was surprised.

“ Bones! Eeeewwww!” She yelled. The sound from her screech echoed off the walls. Suddenly, all of the bones started to shake at the same time.

‘ MY bones aren't gross! YOUR bones are gross!’ a telepathic voice said. Then, all the bones swirled around as if they were picked up by a tornado, forming a giant skeleton dragon! There was leftover bones on the ground that didn't belong to the skeleton. They were the bones of the victims that fell prey to this massive beast. Goombella gasped as Mario took battle stance. The huge skeleton dragon laughed, its bones clacking together.

‘ Do you really think you can defeat ME?!’ it cackled. Goombella laughed sarcastically.

“ Even better! WE’RE GONNA GRIND YOUR EVERY LAST BONE TO DUST!!!” she screamed. The beast snorted.

‘ You speak as if you are full of confidence,’ it rumbled, ‘ Even so, this is coming from a goomba!’ Goombella scowled, but held her tongue. Mario had gotten out his hammer and was running at the skeleton dragon, attempting a first strike. The dragon, however, rattled his bones and breathed a dust storm at them! When it hit Mario and Goombella, they blanked out.

This is back to the original story, Tendo 1st-person.

When that had happened, I sat there, astonished by what I had seen. I felt as if this shouldn't've happened. I looked at the black screen.

‘ What now?’ I thought. At that moment, I saw the screen waver, then swirl around faster and faster, making the TV stand shake! I hanged onto the gaming chair as a suction started to pull me towards the screen! I started to freak out.

‘ What's happening?!’ I thought in fear. The suction was getting stronger, and I found my grip weakening! Nothing else seemed to be affected by the suction but me! I was hanging by a thread, praying that it would stop. I attempted to get my grip back, but my hand had already slipped, releasing me into the screen!

When I opened my eyes, I found myself looking at a lot of dry-bones tying up Goombella! I realized that I might be Mario now! I went cross-eyed to check. I saw his big nose, replacing my normal one, as I thought it would.

I looked at my surroundings. I was trapped floating inside a telepathic field, right where this skeleton dragon's stomach would've been. I tried to move, but it was as if I had been paralyzed! I could still move my mouth, however.

“ What are you gonna do to me?!” I shouted, angrily at the bone dragon. It turned its great head as far towards its belly as it could. Its voice had become majestic and noble and it was using its mouth.

‘ There is so much I wish I could tell you, young one, but alas, I can only say that what will happen to you now is your destiny,’ It said. I was awestruck by this.
‘ WHAT’S gonna happen to me!?’ I thought. I was unable how to react to this until I felt an odd sensation in the pit of my stomach. The dragon's eyes were glowing now.

‘ I will fade away, but you will take my place and earn a better name for dragons throughout the world,’ It said in a weakened voice. I gasped as it dissolved to dust. I dropped to the ground, feeling a sharp stab of pain. The air had been knocked out of me, causing me to gasp for air in short, fast breaths. Goombella gasped when she saw me in pain.

“ MARIO!!! Are you okay?!” she cried.

I tried to push myself up, only to flop back down to all fours, feeling a sharp stab of pain come from my  and spine! I heard a sharp rip come from my overalls. I looked behind me to see a white and grey dragon's tail protruding from my overalls! I gasped, looking at my itchy, bulging stomach that was growing grey and white scales realising that I was turning into a white and grey dragon! I yelped as wings ripped through my shirt, tearing it to shreds. I looked at my hands and feet after feeling pain come from them. Instead, I saw clawed dragon paws. I looked towards my stomach, only to press my head against a large, squishy, white snakeskin belly. I opened my mouth and groaned as my neck cracked as it stretched painfully into a long, snakelike dragon neck. My mouth and nose creaked and groaned as it grew stretching outward into a muzzle. After all that, I blacked out of shock.

When I opened my eyes, I was blinded by sunlight and had to use my paw to shield my eyes. I observed that I was now in Keyhaulkey, surrounded by grey and white koopas, all of them looking a bit worried. When they had seen that I had awakened, though, their expressions eased a bit and some parted, revealing Goombella and a blue baby yoshi next to her staring at me. Goombella’s expression lit up as he saw that I was no longer in pain. She nudged the yoshi who was spazzed out, making him jolt forward and run over to my head.

“ Gonzales! I'm so glad you're OK!” he exclaimed, hugging my muzzle. I nudged him back, making him giggle. I remembered that back in the real world I had named him Away: ocean water’. He rubbed my head and ran back to Goombella. She walked in front of my head, showing me a picture of the bone-dragon.

“ I identified the bone dragon before it disintegrated. It's name was ‘Bonetail’,” She said, “ It was one of the demon's 3 pets. I tried to identify you, but it seems you've become a completely new species!” I tilted my head to the side, confused. She saw my confusion and opened her book of enemies.

“ What that means is that the book has a new entry that I will be able to write!!!” She exclaimed. I didn't see what that had to do with me, but Goombella answered as if she read my mind!

“ That also means you have to decide a new name that fits your new form!” She mentioned. I thought for a bit before trying to speak. I only made warbled growling and roaring noises. This time, Goombella was confused! I suddenly realized that I could talk with my mind! My mind voice sounded exactly like the voice I had heard before Bonetail had disintegrated.

‘ I choose the name, “Fleshtail”,’ I said. When she had heard me, she froze up at first, but the confused expression broke out into a smile as she realized where the voice came from.

“ Y-you can use telepathy?! AWESOME!” She exclaimed, grinning. I smiled to the fact that Goombella was happy. She started to looked me over to guess things like how much defense I have or how high my attack is. I could not help as to think of the fact that there was no possible way back to my world where Kyle was probably wondering where I went. As I thought this through, the worst possible thing happened. My stomach, while Goombella had been observing it, had growled louder than any animal could possibly growl! Goombella jumped back as far as she could and I just stared at the bulk of my belly. Just then, it occurred to me that I need to eat more than anyone in Rogueport just to keep from starving! The grey koopas seemed to be scrambling around, looking for coins and food. Goombella and I just stared in confusion. Then the hunger struck. I moaned as I clutched my gurgling, empty stomach that was surprisingly squishy even though it was empty. Goombella gasped when she saw that and ran over, worried.

“ Is everything OK Mario- Fleshtail, I mean?” She stuttered. I could only manage to utter a single word out of my maw that was surprisingly understandable word.

“ ...H-hun-gryy!” I growled. She understood then what the grey koopas were doing! at first, they had been dry-bones, serving Bonetail, but when Bonetail dissolved and Fleshtail took his place, they had become koopas again.

“ The koopas! Fleshtail, the koopas serve you now!” Goombella exclaimed, “ They're gathering food for you!” I was happy for that, considering the number of koopas I had seen when I came to. However, my happiness was short lived, for the hunger was becoming unbearable. My belly screamed at me to eat something, groaning and growling. I clutched it and uttered the word instinctively again, only without stuttering.

“ HUNGRY!” I roared. some of the koopas were coming back, running as quickly as they could, carrying armfuls of food in their arms. I opened my maw eagerly in anticipation to fill my growling stomach. One of the koopas got to my maw and, against expectation, walked right in! My instincts told me it was OK for them to be doing that because they needed to drop the food in the stomach's acids or it will just sit on the side and go bad. I didn't like that because of the possible tragic outcomes. Still, I restrained from preventing all the other koopas from entering my stomach.

Goombella was frantically taking notes on me and my impressive amount of grey koopa servants. As the last of the koopas came, the hunger was finally receding and my was belly feeling quite full. When the last one came, however, it seemed to stop a few inches from my maw. My belly was quite full-looking and the koopa seemed confused as to how the last batch of food would fit. I finally snapped out of instincts and motioned for the koopa to put the food in my maw. The koopa was hesitant at first, then looked at Goombella who had stopped to look up. She told the koopa what I wanted it to do. It nodded and walked to my maw and dropped the food inside. I closed it and chewed as quietly as I could manage. When I swallowed, I straightened my neck vertically so the food goes down easier. When the food got to my belly, I felt a belch coming up and it felt like a big one. Goombella gasped and one of the koopas screamed at me.

“ MASTER! PLEASE POINT YOUR MAW UP!!” it shouted. I didn't understand why, but I did what he asked. The belch got to my cheeks quickly and made them fill up completely, burning them. I then let it loose, a fiery inferno of green fire erupting from my mouth. I felt completely satisfied after I was done and decided to rest.

‘ After all,’ I thought as I went to sleep, ‘ Why rush to get home? I'm enjoying this!’
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 01:46:16 PM by RailsDS95 »

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Looks like a good start!  I think your writing style has improved since last time.  Not familiar with the source material, but still get the gist of what's going on.  You don't need the lines saying you're switching point of view-- just add a line or something indicating a scene break.  (And that is third person, not second. [;))

[fox] Virmir