Author Topic: Looking to commission a few CF guest comics  (Read 3606 times)

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
on: October 19, 2014, 04:12:57 PM
Hello!

As part of a strategy to rest both tendinitis-stricken arms AT THE SAME TIME and also avoid playing buffer catch up like I did in July, I am looking to commission two to three canon Crimson Flag guest comics.  These are actual pages in the story line that will appear on the site in the normal story sequence (tentatively looking at upcoming pages 328, 329, and 330).

This will only be posted here as I'm primarily looking for artists who are actively involved in the community and interested in my work.  There is quite a lot of talent here, and I'd actually prefer a different artist for each page if only to see a variety of interpretations of the cast.  However, if I only get one taker who is interested in taking two or three, that is fine as well.

Interested parties please note the following:

- You should be available for work and be able to get started soon.  In fact, if someone gets back to me in two days and is interested, I can send out the info for 328 pretty quickly.

- Once you receive all necessary materials, details are worked out, and you are paid, I will expect a finished page within two weeks.  This is a hard deadline.  For comparison, it generally takes me 10-12 hours to complete a page.

- You will receive a template with all the panels and speech bubbles already in place, which you will be able to draw underneath, along with thumbnails/layout diagrams and panel descriptions, character references, etc.

- I will need a sketch to approve before finalizing.  If I am horrible in asking for revisions, the deadline will obviously be relaxed.  But I'm usually not bad. 

- You are free to draw the characters in your own style.  However, if you get a page with Lucian, you will be required to draw his hair correctly.

- As you will be receiving secret information on future comics, a vow of silence is required.  ;)

If the above did not scare you away, please take a look at the last several comics and determine a ballpark price quote.  E-mail (kendo -at- virmir.com) or forum PM me your quote and we'll discuss!  Please don't be shy in determining a quote.  CF is an extremely important project to me, and considering I am asking for premium delivery above, I have no problem paying.

Thanks, folks!

[fox] Virmir

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 11:44:31 PM
Tentatively closed, and as I've had three offers.  Still working out details, so if someone wants to be a backup, feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

[fox] Virmir

LurkingWolf

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 07:40:03 PM
I wish I was good enough for something like this, but even if I was I would be unable to help because my tablet's broken.